Chelsea set to enter contract talks with defender as he enters final year of deal

James

David LuizChelsea to enter talks with David Luiz over contract extension. Luiz has less than a year to run on his current Chelsea deal. READ MORE: Eden Hazard hails influence of Chelsea teammate Chelsea are set to enter contract talks with centre-back David Luiz, according to the Mirror. Luiz will be remembered fondly by the Chelsea […]

View the full article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

David LuizChelsea to enter talks with David Luiz over contract extension. Luiz has less than a year to run on his current Chelsea deal. READ MORE: Eden Hazard hails influence of Chelsea teammate Chelsea are set to enter contract talks with centre-back David Luiz, according to the Mirror. Luiz will be remembered fondly by the Chelsea […]

View the full article

Of all the players to finally break our 'over 30 no multiyear contracts' policy, Luiz is close to the worst option. He not only needs to be on the bench, but truly needs to sold. He is a massive weak link on our team. He is one of my least favourite players we have ever had. I think he is lazy, reckless, and has a shit attitude. Sarri is crazy to rate him. If I was AC, I would seriously be considering my future at the club. Sarri seems to not trust him at all. Luiz has be horrid at multiple points in almost every game, yet AC rots away on the bench.

Instead of fucking about giving shit Luiz a contract extension until he is 34, we really need to sort out what we are going to do about Hazard (I do not think he is going to renew :() and also make Kovacic a permanent member of the team.

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Instead of fucking about giving shit Luiz a contract extension until he is 34, we really need to sort out what we are going to do about Hazard (I do not think he is going to renew :() and also make Kovacic a permanent member of the team.

It scares me that I have to agree with you mate.I can't see another reason that he won't renew. It cant be now that he wants to only join RM to get a CL win in his CV surely as I dont see it nailed down as it was with the peacock. BUT IF we could do some sort of deal for either Asensio/Isco or Varane and let us buy Mat K  it would ease the pain somewhat.

And yes the whole idea of Luiz as our main CB DEFENSE wise scares me. I dont mind some players 30+ but we do have a few and think it time we looked at getting some younger ones that we can put a team together that has the possibility to play together for awhile.

38 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

It scares me that I have to agree with you mate.I can't see another reason that he won't renew. It cant be now that he wants to only join RM to get a CL win in his CV surely as I dont see it nailed down as it was with the peacock. BUT IF we could do some sort of deal for either Asensio/Isco or Varane and let us buy Mat K  it would ease the pain somewhat.

And yes the whole idea of Luiz as our main CB DEFENSE wise scares me. I dont mind some players 30+ but we do have a few and think it time we looked at getting some younger ones that we can put a team together that has the possibility to play together for awhile.

World class CB's over 30

Sergio Ramos  32

Diego Godín 32

Leonardo Bonucci 31

Gerard Piqué  31

Jan Vertonghen 31 (marginal)

and

were, but are too old now or injury prone

Giorgio Chiellini 34

Vincent Kompany 32

that's IT

Luiz is nowhere near any of their levels, even IF he was say 26 or 28. He makes ludicrous cockups at an amazingly high rate.

Why the fuck would we break a long standing rule (that HAS fucked us in the past multiple times) and give him a contract until he is 34, AND commit our fucking team to his future (or present)????

He was THE most overrated player in the 2016-17 championship year.

I am going to start to have massive issues with Sarri if this goes pear shaped. Preventable disasters that are not prevented are the quickest way to get me to turn on a person. Sarri is also starting to fuck up AC, with his zero game time and zero confidence in him. Sarri obviously doesn't even rate Luiz THAT much, as why was he so so hellbent on going after Rugani or Caldara? That also REALLY shows you he doesnt rate AC.

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Sophie knows!!

I agree with both of them to be fair.

Luiz is great for our spirit on and off the pitch. I also agree with the guys statement about  giving it back if someone like Fellaini starts getting physical. I dont know if AC could handle that.

And tho I cant hold a couple of bad games against him (cause Luiz has many more) but the games he mentioned Barca and Spuds really dont look good on ACs CV.

I wouldn't want to lose AC as it would be a crime but in a perfect world I would like a hybrid of both of them.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Not keen on his weaknesses Discipline and Tackling. from what Ive read

I have watched him for years, I would take him in a flash.

But you know my top rated CB's (I dont rank over 30yo's)

Raphaël Varane

Kalidou Koulibaly

Virgil van Dijk

Marquinhos

Samuel Umtiti

José Giménez   

Aymeric Laporte  

Niklas Süle

Milan Skriniar

Matthijs de Ligt