• Fabregas (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emerson out then

GOALKEEPERS: Kepa Arrizabalaga, Wilfredo Caballero, Marcin Bulka

DEFENDERS: Antonio Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Davide Zappacosta, Gary Cahill, Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta

MIDFIELDERS: Cesc Fabregas, Jorginho, N’Golo Kante, Ross Barkley, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ethan Ampadu

FORWARDS: Pedro, Victor Moses, Olivier Giroud, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Willian, Alvaro Morata

Cant see CHO as a starter now and Alonso probably starting

Maybe a Willian - Morata - Moses front line?

Woow Sarri saying that he'll only make 4-5 changes to the team that played last weekend....sooo that basically means he'll choose the same team that was the starting lineup during the pre-season

Let's assume he makes 5 changes. This is what the XI could look like?

Hudson/Willian(1st change)-Morata(2nd)-Pedro

Barkley(3rd)-Jorginho-Kante

Alonso-Christensen(4th)-Rudiger-Zappacosta(5th)

Kepa

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The stuff a girl's dreams are made of.

NOT

Wish to fuck CHO starts.

You know my thoughts but I just dont see Sarri doing it He puts Willian above him and I think he plays favorites

Not even sure CHO/Ethan will get time.!

Unless wse are winning sometime in the 2nd half.

Sarri doesn't seem a gambler. It might be his weakness.

Some of his comments yesterday were telling

“I don’t know about Loftus. For me he is a very good player. I don’t know if there is a spot tomorrow. There is in the future. Now it is very difficult because in the first part of the season it is very important to play with a very solid team. I might change four or five players, it is impossible to change every player in the match.

“Unfortunately you have to play with 11 players, 17 players tomorrow won’t agree with me. There is a match tomorrow and on Wednesday after Sunday at West Ham. There will be a chance for everyone, but not for 25 or 28 players the truth is this.”

Asked about Eden
“For Odoi in his position in the last match played Pedro and Hazard. I have also played Moses and Willian. Ampadu, Odoi and Loftus are the future, I don’t know if the right time tomorrow is for Odoi.”

He clearly sees the PAOK our biggest opponent in the group but he doesn't seem to think the player will care about the intimidating atmosphere which is why I dont see him rotating as much as we would maybe want.

“ Tomorrow will be difficult, not as somebody told me for the atmosphere, it will be difficult because they are a good team. They have a very good team and we have to do a very important match if we want to gain points  My players are professionals so they must be able to play in every situation. I am worried about the opponent, they are a very good team, not the atmosphere. We have to play good football. Our target is to qualify and then with the first spot in our group. To win our group, the match tomorrow is the most important as it is the most difficult match.”

I can see him starting

Willian - Morata - Pedro

Barkley - Kante - Jorgi

Alonso - Rudi - Cahill - Zappa

Kepa

33 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I can see him starting

Willian - Morata - Pedro

Barkley - Kante - Jorgi

Alonso - Rudi - Cahill - Zappa

Kepa

I REALLY want to know whats wrong with Emerson, Alonso will wear down if he has to play 55 games or so If Emerson really is damaged goods on a perm basis we need to make a move fast in January. Fucking board again!! Did they not see this (if he is fucked) when they did the pre buy deep medical!!?????

Now you know why I am so iffy iffy on Fekir, as the scousers saw something they did NOT like (as they REALLY need Fekir another AMF)

Same for Pedro (the breaking down if too many games), which is why I would love to see CHO in at TW, and Willian at RW 

But, even worse, IF Sarri starts CAHILL over AC I am going to lose my shit

I am afraid that Sarri is starting down the road to running AC off the club due to no playing time, made worse by this IDIOCY of talking about extending Luiz's contract until he is 34

I have watched AC play for Denmark, he has NOT regressed for shit, he was on his way to becoming at least a top 15 CB in the world, if not higher, and needs playing time to develop to those higher levels

Any time Christensen wins and Luiz loses in terms of game time, count Chelsea amongst the winners.

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I REALLY want to know whats wrong with Emerson, Alonso will wear down if he has to play 55 games or so If Emerson really is damaged goods on a perm basis we need to make a move fast in January. Fucking board again!! Did they not see this (if he is fucked) when they did the pre buy deep medical!!?????

Now you know why I am so iffy iffy on Fekir, as the scousers saw something they did NOT like (as they REALLY need Fekir another AMF)

Same for Pedro (the breaking down if too many games), which is why I would love to see CHO in at TW, and Willian at RW 

But, even worse, IF Sarri starts CAHILL over AC I am going to lose my shit

I am afraid that Sarri is starting down the road to running AC off the club due to no playing time, made worse by this IDIOCY of talking about extending Luiz's contract until he is 34

I have watched AC play for Denmark, he has NOT regressed for shit, he was on his way to becoming at least a top 15 CB in the world, if not higher, and needs playing time to develop to those higher levels

Any time Christensen wins and Luiz loses in terms of game time, count Chelsea amongst the winners.

Agree with all apart from I like Fekir

And Emerson has some stomach illness he picked up

Get prepared to lose the plot mate cause I see Cahill in our immediate future!

Wouldn't it be great to have the sort of atmosphere PAOK has at our home games. I would happily pay double for a ticket.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Agree with all apart from I like Fekir

And Emerson has some stomach illness he picked up

Get prepared to lose the plot mate cause I see Cahill in our immediate future!

Wouldn't it be great to have the sort of atmosphere PAOK has at our home games. I would happily pay double for a ticket.

PAOK and Boca Juniors (especially against River Plate in el Superclásico) probably have the most insane home crowds. They are fucking full stop bonkers. In terms of national teams, Togo in 2006 was deffo the freakiest. Its the number one (in terms of percentage of population) animist/voodoo/black magic nation on the globe and they brought hundreds of psycho witch doctors to Germany.

acfdfa7d811decc5dc993cc7e1e26576.jpg

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

PAOK and Boca Juniors (especially against River Plate in el Superclásico) probably have the most insane home crowds. They are fucking full stop bonkers. In terms of national teams, Togo in 2006 was deffo the freakiest. Its the number one (in terms of percentage of population) animist/voodoo/black magic nation on the globe and they brought hundreds of psycho witch doctors to Germany.

EXCELLENT! but I think I should answer this in the Pub thread as its off topic.

Always the same. Couple of pissed supporters late at night get jumped by locals.

Chelsea fans attacked in Thessaloniki by group of thugs ahead of PAOK Europa League clash

The Blues supporters were in the centre of Thessaloniki when a band of five locals turned violent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7302455/chelsea-fans-thessaloniki-paok-europa-league/

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Always the same. Couple of pissed supporters late at night get jumped by locals.

Chelsea fans attacked in Thessaloniki by group of thugs ahead of PAOK Europa League clash

The Blues supporters were in the centre of Thessaloniki when a band of five locals turned violent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7302455/chelsea-fans-thessaloniki-paok-europa-league/

Bunch of utter wankers picking on innocent fans this is what happens when numbers are equal.

7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Bunch of utter wankers picking on innocent fans this is what happens when numbers are equal.

That was a good week. We then went across the bridge to have a chat with the angels after the night before when they kicked off  but they wouldn't come out to play.

13 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

CHO should make that starting line up...where is Ampadu...Jorginho and Kante were not suppose to be in that starting line up...why Alonso? where is Emerson? Why Pedro?

Emerson is ill.

I'm disappointed with the entire squad tbh. We have to be winning comfortably with that XI.

Jorginho and Alonso are the two players I'm worried about getting burnt out. The two players who Sarri appears to think are irreplaceable. Less worried about Kante, Rüdiger, and Azpi starting this one because they're machines.

Still thought we would heavily rotate here.