test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed PAOK 0-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   8 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Zappacosta
    • Rudiger
    • Christensen
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

177 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Maybe a Willian - Morata - Moses front line?

The stuff a girl's dreams are made of.

NOT

Wish to fuck CHO starts.

Unionjack likes this

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

The stuff a girl's dreams are made of.

NOT

Wish to fuck CHO starts.

You know my thoughts but I just dont see Sarri doing it He puts Willian above him and I think he plays favorites

Not even sure CHO/Ethan will get time.!

Unless wse are winning sometime in the 2nd half.

Sarri doesn't seem a gambler. It might be his weakness.

Some of his comments yesterday were telling

“I don’t know about Loftus. For me he is a very good player. I don’t know if there is a spot tomorrow. There is in the future. Now it is very difficult because in the first part of the season it is very important to play with a very solid team. I might change four or five players, it is impossible to change every player in the match.

“Unfortunately you have to play with 11 players, 17 players tomorrow won’t agree with me. There is a match tomorrow and on Wednesday after Sunday at West Ham. There will be a chance for everyone, but not for 25 or 28 players the truth is this.”

Asked about Eden
“For Odoi in his position in the last match played Pedro and Hazard. I have also played Moses and Willian. Ampadu, Odoi and Loftus are the future, I don’t know if the right time tomorrow is for Odoi.”

He clearly sees the PAOK our biggest opponent in the group but he doesn't seem to think the player will care about the intimidating atmosphere which is why I dont see him rotating as much as we would maybe want.

“ Tomorrow will be difficult, not as somebody told me for the atmosphere, it will be difficult because they are a good team. They have a very good team and we have to do a very important match if we want to gain points  My players are professionals so they must be able to play in every situation. I am worried about the opponent, they are a very good team, not the atmosphere. We have to play good football. Our target is to qualify and then with the first spot in our group. To win our group, the match tomorrow is the most important as it is the most difficult match.”

I can see him starting

Willian - Morata - Pedro

Barkley - Kante - Jorgi

Alonso - Rudi - Cahill - Zappa

Kepa

33 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I can see him starting

Willian - Morata - Pedro

Barkley - Kante - Jorgi

Alonso - Rudi - Cahill - Zappa

Kepa

I REALLY want to know whats wrong with Emerson, Alonso will wear down if he has to play 55 games or so If Emerson really is damaged goods on a perm basis we need to make a move fast in January. Fucking board again!! Did they not see this (if he is fucked) when they did the pre buy deep medical!!?????

Now you know why I am so iffy iffy on Fekir, as the scousers saw something they did NOT like (as they REALLY need Fekir another AMF)

Same for Pedro (the breaking down if too many games), which is why I would love to see CHO in at TW, and Willian at RW 

But, even worse, IF Sarri starts CAHILL over AC I am going to lose my shit

I am afraid that Sarri is starting down the road to running AC off the club due to no playing time, made worse by this IDIOCY of talking about extending Luiz's contract until he is 34

I have watched AC play for Denmark, he has NOT regressed for shit, he was on his way to becoming at least a top 15 CB in the world, if not higher, and needs playing time to develop to those higher levels

Any time Christensen wins and Luiz loses in terms of game time, count Chelsea amongst the winners.

23 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I REALLY want to know whats wrong with Emerson, Alonso will wear down if he has to play 55 games or so If Emerson really is damaged goods on a perm basis we need to make a move fast in January. Fucking board again!! Did they not see this (if he is fucked) when they did the pre buy deep medical!!?????

Now you know why I am so iffy iffy on Fekir, as the scousers saw something they did NOT like (as they REALLY need Fekir another AMF)

Same for Pedro (the breaking down if too many games), which is why I would love to see CHO in at TW, and Willian at RW 

But, even worse, IF Sarri starts CAHILL over AC I am going to lose my shit

I am afraid that Sarri is starting down the road to running AC off the club due to no playing time, made worse by this IDIOCY of talking about extending Luiz's contract until he is 34

I have watched AC play for Denmark, he has NOT regressed for shit, he was on his way to becoming at least a top 15 CB in the world, if not higher, and needs playing time to develop to those higher levels

Any time Christensen wins and Luiz loses in terms of game time, count Chelsea amongst the winners.

Agree with all apart from I like Fekir

And Emerson has some stomach illness he picked up

Get prepared to lose the plot mate cause I see Cahill in our immediate future!

Wouldn't it be great to have the sort of atmosphere PAOK has at our home games. I would happily pay double for a ticket.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Agree with all apart from I like Fekir

And Emerson has some stomach illness he picked up

Get prepared to lose the plot mate cause I see Cahill in our immediate future!

Wouldn't it be great to have the sort of atmosphere PAOK has at our home games. I would happily pay double for a ticket.

PAOK and Boca Juniors (especially against River Plate in el Superclásico) probably have the most insane home crowds. They are fucking full stop bonkers. In terms of national teams, Togo in 2006 was deffo the freakiest. Its the number one (in terms of percentage of population) animist/voodoo/black magic nation on the globe and they brought hundreds of psycho witch doctors to Germany.

acfdfa7d811decc5dc993cc7e1e26576.jpg

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

PAOK and Boca Juniors (especially against River Plate in el Superclásico) probably have the most insane home crowds. They are fucking full stop bonkers. In terms of national teams, Togo in 2006 was deffo the freakiest. Its the number one (in terms of percentage of population) animist/voodoo/black magic nation on the globe and they brought hundreds of psycho witch doctors to Germany.

EXCELLENT! but I think I should answer this in the Pub thread as its off topic.

Always the same. Couple of pissed supporters late at night get jumped by locals.

Chelsea fans attacked in Thessaloniki by group of thugs ahead of PAOK Europa League clash

The Blues supporters were in the centre of Thessaloniki when a band of five locals turned violent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7302455/chelsea-fans-thessaloniki-paok-europa-league/

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Always the same. Couple of pissed supporters late at night get jumped by locals.

Chelsea fans attacked in Thessaloniki by group of thugs ahead of PAOK Europa League clash

The Blues supporters were in the centre of Thessaloniki when a band of five locals turned violent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7302455/chelsea-fans-thessaloniki-paok-europa-league/

Bunch of utter wankers picking on innocent fans this is what happens when numbers are equal.

Vesper and Fulham Broadway like this

7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Bunch of utter wankers picking on innocent fans this is what happens when numbers are equal.

That was a good week. We then went across the bridge to have a chat with the angels after the night before when they kicked off  but they wouldn't come out to play.

Vesper likes this

Team to play PAOK: Kepa, Rudiger, Alonso, Zappacosta, Christensen, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Morata

Subs: Caballero, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Moses, Giroud

Expected a few more changes...

CHO should make that starting line up...where is Ampadu...Jorginho and Kante were not suppose to be in that starting line up...why Alonso? where is Emerson? Why Pedro?

13 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

CHO should make that starting line up...where is Ampadu...Jorginho and Kante were not suppose to be in that starting line up...why Alonso? where is Emerson? Why Pedro?

Emerson is ill.

I'm disappointed with the entire squad tbh. We have to be winning comfortably with that XI.

Jorginho and Alonso are the two players I'm worried about getting burnt out. The two players who Sarri appears to think are irreplaceable. Less worried about Kante, Rüdiger, and Azpi starting this one because they're machines.

Still thought we would heavily rotate here.

Unionjack likes this

At second thought Im kinda ok with this line-up. This is the hardest match in the group so get the win tonight and we are in a good spot to rotate a bit more the coming games.

the motivation of this line up I can find in two reason:
1) sarri has never done very turnover
2) he wants that the players in this season's beginning play together for knowledge each others.

Unionjack likes this

53 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

What a shit line up. Watch us lose to West ham on Sunday now. 

Other than CHO in for Willian or Pedro (Morata does need some game time if Giroud is ever injured), what is shit about it? Unless you mean no rest for Kante, Alonso, and Jorginho.

Arsenal played their squad players and youngsters in this competition and cruised their way into 1/2 finals. Besides, it's not like Ampadu or Odoi are small time prospects. Very disapointed.

Vybzkartel likes this

Just now, Vesper said:

Other than CHO in for Willian or Pedro (Morata does need some game time if Giroud is ever injured), what is shit about it? Unless you mean no rest for Kante and Jorginho.

Yup, no rest for Kante, Jorginho, Rudiger and Pedro. We will need all of them at top performance against an inspired West Ham.