• Pedro
    • Morata
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

6 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Yeah..my only gripe so far.

Moses on the bench instead of Odoi.

I think we can expect to see lineups like this until we have more or less secured the group stage.

So another 2-3 more matches like this.

I understood most of the lineup TBH Tho it would have been good to have them at least as subs.

The thing that I'm still fuckin fuming about is captain emoji!! Ive really got no bloody idea why mate. Its a mockery.

I cant see the youth used in the scouse gits games but MAYBE Ethan at the Pikeys??

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my take on this game, we simply wasted too many chances and on another day we could have payed for that dearly regardless of the oposition, mind you that Europa League is no walk in the park. Anyway good start to the competition with a win away, but still there is a lot more to improve, i would have liked to see more youngsters involved, Ampadu, CHO and RLC, and regarding Morata i dont know what else to say other than its simply not going his way, his confidence is shot atm, he got in to many scoring positions but no end product to show for it, story of his life at Chelsea, its a real shame because i really wanted him to make it here. Keep the momentum going lads, on to the next game. Cheers

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I really don't understand the topic on Kante when he's clearly stated in an interview some days ago that he likes to play higher up the pitch and that this new role fits him perfectly. 

It's because we have so much of the ball now. Kante stood out the most in defensive counter-attacking teams (Leicester and Conte's Chelsea) because they weren't on the front foot most times and didn't have 70% ball possession every game. We were chasing the ball most of the time and he is the best at that. Now we are different and as a result his biggest strength (defending) isn't as noticeable. He is adapting to attacking style and is doing just fine, some people are just too impatient and think that we should be a finished product already.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

It was a big mistake not getting Higuain, Big mistake. Morata is such a terrible finisher, 4 goals in 2018 is a monumental disaster. This mistake will make us fall short of winning the league. Let's hope Hazard keeps up his form.

As if Higuain is anyway better... 

6 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

It was a big mistake not getting Higuain, Big mistake. Morata is such a terrible finisher, 4 goals in 2018 is a monumental disaster. This mistake will make us fall short of winning the league. Let's hope Hazard keeps up his form.

Juve and AC Milan played a giant con game, with us as bargaining chip. Juve wanted Bonucci back and Higuain off their books, Milan wanted Caldara badly, plus a striker. Only way all the sides moved was to force through those players, with Morata to AC Milan the victim. Also, Higuain really wanted to stay in Italy, not come to pinball footie EPL where his lack of pace would be exposed. 

The real fuckup on our board's part was not using the 2 week in July window release clause on Icardi for only £98m. We could have covered half (or more) of that with a Morata sale.

Icardi would be an insane beast in Sarriball. No one will convince me otherwise. He is a deadly efficient sniper, pacey,  great at linkup play, and works like a dog on trackbacks. He is the complete package. Vastly superior to the soon to be 31yo Higuain. He is also well over 5 years younger.

19 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Please dont even underestimate Kante like this again. There is not a single player in the world available that could do the job that Kante and Hazard do for us. More so, there isnt a single player in the world that does Kante job better than Kante. A decade since a proper DM was praised this much like Kante is now.

Havertz, Brandt and especially Bailey are quality players indeed, I said many times Bailey is must buy for or RW whenever we go in the market for new winger. But damn, not at the expense of Kante :o The wee baldy man is anomaly that happens once in a decade. We have all these fancy attackers in the spotlight all the time, then comes this hard working lad who goes toe to toe with best players in the world. Football is a team sport and getting good attacking player isnt hard. But getting a proper hard working DM who always puts team mates ahead of his personal glory and is still called in same breath as best players in the world, thats a rare thing that doesnt happen many times.

I was in belief that all fans, nevermind Chelsea fans finaly saw how great and important player Kante is. In a world when all we hear is who scores more goals, who makes more assists, more dribbles, when its all about attackers, with defenders and DMs underappreciated as fuck, Kante literaly shone the light to football world that you can be equaljy appreciated even if you are DM with no fancy stats and no fancy football style. That you can be in same league, equally important as those best attackers in the world. That you dont have to live extravagant style and show off, but being humble and respectful to others and still get ton of fans around the world. A DM that won the best player of the year award ahead the likes of Hazard, Aguero, KDB, Coutinho,...

You do understand how fucking great you have to be in the game itself to be so appreciated when you have no fancy stats and tricks to back you up? When you have world beaters who score screamers every week, dribble past half the field, decide the matches on its own as competition and you still get fans and other players to vote for you?

BUT then you come and throw Kante for fucking Kai Havertz? I may not agree but I would understand if you said Messi or Ronaldo, Drogba in his prime or something like that, but Kai Havertz? Realy?

Please never again.

This post sent chills down my spine. Well said!

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

Juve and AC Milan played a giant con game, with us as bargaining chip. Juve wanted Bonucci back and Higuain off their books, Milan wanted Caldara badly, plus a striker. Only way all the sides moved was to force through those players, with Morata to AC Milan the victim. Also, Higuain really wanted to stay in Italy, not come to pinball footie EPL where his lack of pace would be exposed. 

The real fuckup on our board's part was not using the 2 week in July window release clause on Icardi for only £98m. We could have covered half (or more) of that with a Morata sale.

Icardi would be an insane beast in Sarriball. No one will convince me otherwise. He is a deadly efficient sniper, pacey,  great at linkup play, and works like a dog on trackbacks. He is the complete package. Vastly superior to the soon to be 31yo Higuain. He is also well over 5 years younger.

marry me! i totally agree with you, again!