test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unionjack

Krzysztof Piatek

Started by Unionjack,

68 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

See how well he does versus the best clubs, not just the weaker sides this season.

Yes. That is what I have been waiting for too. It's why I am really hedging my bets.

He really does look the part of a classic striker though. Shit, if he is the real deal and we land him, we are so set for years at striker. Would be a huge relief.

11Drogba likes this

The rumours are well under way linking this guy with all the top clubs, ive seen a few articles saying we are leading the chase. Feels like reporter click bait, guy has barely played in Serie A but i guess anybody is better than our current toothless options? Feels like this rumour is just beginning to pick up steam before january window

Unionjack likes this

Links keep coming and APPARENTLY WE have made contact!

Chelsea initiate talks to beat Man United and Liverpool to transfer of goal machine out-scoring Neymar and Eden Hazard

The 12 goals already from this season

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/10/02/krzysztof-piatek-chelsea-man-united-liverpool-transfer-talks/

Sources have also told CaughtOffside Piatek has attracted interest from a number of other Premier League clubs, with Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton, Leicester City and Wolves scouting him this season.

Italian sides have also understandably taken notice of his form, with big boys Juventus, Napoli and Roma all keeping a close eye on the Poland international’s progress.

We must get in quick with Leicester,Everton and Wolves after him too eh!!!

Vesper likes this

He reminds me a lot of Diego Costa in the way he keeps the whole defence busy. On top of that, his desire and instinct to score are impressive.

Next summer might be too late, if we want to buy for a reasonable fee an unproven but promising player we must move quickly = january.

50 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/krzysztof-piatek-genoa

Article from a month ago, shines a little light on him. I am still hesitant, nobody is that efficient over any reasonable level of time. If he keeps it up over the next 2 months I can imagine the noise will be deafening come January.

It is so hard to put a valuation on him atm. Genoa could demand anywhere between £20m and £80m, depending on how he continues to perform and who comes sniffing around (everyone!). It sucks we are in such dire straights striker wise. They will inflate the price so so much.

Krzysztof Piątek scored again today, versus Parma. 13 goals now in eight games.

Barcelona target Piatek continues scoring streak to emulate Batistuta feat

http://www.goal.com/en/news/barcelona-target-piatek-continues-scoring-streak-to-emulate/xz70a4mne1gh1xpeix5jvnvcv

.The Poland striker has taken to Serie A like a duck to water, bringing back memories of Fiorentina's free-scoring Argentine idol
Krzysztof Piatek became the first player since Gabriel Batistuta to score in each of the first seven games of a Serie A season as his sensational streak continued for Genoa.

The Poland international joined Genoa from Cracovia in June and has hit the ground running in Italy, with his opener against Parma on Sunday his 13th strike in eight games across all competitions.

Piatek's tally includes nine Serie A goals after netting in seven consecutive matches, a run that sees him at the top of the league's scoring charts ahead of some of the world's elite strikers. 

Genoa fired their coach today. This guy could really be on the move to a bigger club come January now. You'd think we would be in the pole position considering our absence of a striker and style of play. Seems to be a guy who thrives on smart movement and service while being extremely clinical(so far). In the current inflated market is 35-40m worth a gamble on a potentially deadly striker? you'd have to think yes, but gamble is the key word.

quickpassnmove, Vesper and 11Drogba like this

15 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Genoa fired their coach today. This guy could really be on the move to a bigger club come January now. You'd think we would be in the pole position considering our absence of a striker and style of play. Seems to be a guy who thrives on smart movement and service while being extremely clinical(so far). In the current inflated market is 35-40m worth a gamble on a potentially deadly striker? you'd have to think yes, but gamble is the key word.

Yeah we should replace the archer with a gunslinger.

tenor.gif?itemid=12505123

29 minutes ago, the wes said:

just scored for international team his kid on fire 

We have to be looking into him HARD. Barca and Bayern now want him badly too. Along with probably all other big teams.

14 goals in 8 and a half games so far for club and country.

6 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Tread carefully. Anyone remember Michu for Swansea?

Michu knocked us out of the 2013 league cup at the Bridge. Yes, he quickly tailed off, and was a bust overall, but he was 4 or 5 years older than Piątek when he came to the league, and his one good season was basically a fluke. He also played at AMF quite a bit and was never a classic striker.

Other than pipe dreams like Dybala and Icardi, the options for a truly class under 30yo striker who is actually available really fall off quickly. Piątek at the moment (emphasis on atm) seems the best option.

Belotti seems to be a one season wonder atm, and Werner will be insanely expensive for a player who is still not truly an established WC striker (that may change this year, but if he further explodes, his price soars well above £100m).

Maybe we (so risky we get stuck with another Morata) roll the dice on Maximiliano Gómez of Celta de Vigo or Giovanni Simeone of (eeek) Fiorentina.

If we don't get Icardi, Dybala, or Piątek, perhaps the best route is to go stop-gap with the 31yo (32yo in February) Cavani from PSG. I think he has 2, maybe, maybe 3 good seasons left in his tank after this one, as he takes super care of his body, like CR7.

14 hours ago, Vesper said:

We have to be looking into him HARD. Barca and Bayern now want him badly too. Along with probably all other big teams.

14 goals in 8 and a half games so far for club and country.

I read that some reports saying hes available at €40m 

Vesper likes this

28 minutes ago, the wes said:

I read that some reports saying hes available at €40m 

Yes, and supposedly Napoli, Juve and  Bayern are now the favourites to buy him in January and loan him back to Genoa until the summer.

At this point I have have almost no faith in our board to get a decent striker (or much else). Jorginho was a real bit of luck, as he is a pure DH DMF, and very few clubs play a system where he can fit in. Shitty (but Pep offered no guarantees to playing time, whereas Sarri did) Barca (who have Busquets) Dortmund (who have Shitty target Julian Weigl) and Loserpool (who had already signed Fabinho) being the obvious. Plus, Sarri said, no Jorginho, no Sarri, and Ancelotti doesnt use a DH DMF, so it worked.

Kepa was (although I super rated him) a forced buy after they fucked up the handling of Courtois. They had £90m offer for Oblak turned down as well.

I dont trust them for shit atm to go out and grab a great striker, they either will not pay or will somehow get outbid/out-talked.

Piątek is surely worth taking a £35m punt on. Thats HALF what the POS Drinkwater costs us between fees, wages, insurance.

On 2018. 10. 11. at 9:56 PM, Yeboii said:

Tread carefully. Anyone remember Michu for Swansea?

Santa Cruz for Blackburn? Amr Zaki for Wigan? 

On 13/10/2018 at 8:41 AM, nyikolajevics said:

Santa Cruz for Blackburn? Amr Zaki for Wigan? 

Morata for Chelsea. £70 million fucking quid. Shameful.

Good player but still very much unproven so don’t think it will happen as of yet. Has had a good run with goals so far but will hit a difficult spell because he’s in a smaller team and they will struggle but then I suppose we’ll see how good he really is, if he still manages to score with regularity or not. Or even get into goalscoring situations. 

Chelsea lead race for £57m striker sensation – but there’s a catch

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/paper-talk-chelsea-lead-race-for-57m-serie-a-sensation-but-theres-a-catch-one-in-one-out-in-220m-man-city-deals

CHELSEA LEAD PIATEK CHARGE

Chelsea have been told they can win the race to sign Krzysztof Piatek – but there appears to be a couple of catches.

The Genoa striker has been in sensational form in Serie A this season, scoring 13 goals in eight games across all competitions.

That has led to speculation suggesting Roma and Liverpool were keen to sign him – while on Tuesday Napoli claimed they had opened talks over a €40m deal.

But reports in Italy, via the Daily Express, claim Genoa could now demand up to €65m (£57m) for the striker – a fee only Chelsea are willing to match.

Furthermore, Genoa have told interested parties there is no chance of doing a deal for the striker in January and any sale of Piatek must be put on hold until summer 2019.

With Olivier Giroud yet to score a goal and Alvaro Morata’s confidence vulnerable, Maurizio Sarri is thought to have earmarked the 23-year-old as a prime target for the Blues.

Snip

Johnnyeye likes this

I am away this weekend but will be curious to watch the game Piatek plays vs Juventus when I get back home. I expect if he doesnt score twitter will roast him, I am more curious to see how he does with all the other aspects of the game against such a dominant opponent. That supposed price tag keeps creeping up, we will know ALOT more about him with 4/5 games against Juve, AC, Inter, & Napoli.