• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, Vesper said:

Oh,absolutely NOT suggesting we toss out that squad, that would be crazy. I was just trying to prove a point how bad I think Cardiff are, That's the weakest possible squad we could have atm, IMHO, minus swapping Green for Caballero (some might argue for Morata in for Giroud). Even that squad, save for Cahill (and he still could, could have a big game) and Piazon, is still brimming with talent far above anything Cardiff have. Their 2 best players are arguably Bobby Reid (clear number 1 IMHO, he had a massive Championship campaign for Bristol City, with 21 goals scored in all comps, 19 in the league, BUT that's the Championship, and it was his only remotely good year, look at Abraham (same Championship team as well, Bristol City) for proof it doesn't usually translate well ) and Josh Murphy, hardly the stuff nightmares are made of.

You probably would of said the same about Burnley for the last 2 seasons with the squad they had, however they survived. Sometimes, it does not necessarily come down to individual quality, but more how a team play. Assuming we would easily turnover a team like Cardiff with that team is naïve. Players need cohesion. Cardiff caused Arsenal a lot of problems last weekend.

4 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dont see there being much of a problem. Many of our players are not international a listers and either riding the bench like Azpi, Kepa, Kovacic or having stayed in Cobham like Morata, Pedro, Luiz, Barkley. They are gonna be fit and tactically well prepares for Cardiff

Morata is in the Spain squad, but yeah was an unused sub last night.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Stats said:

You probably would of said the same about Burnley for the last 2 seasons with the squad they had, however they survived. Sometimes, it does not necessarily come down to individual quality, but more how a team play. Assuming we would easily turnover a team like Cardiff with that team is naïve. Players need cohesion. Cardiff caused Arsenal a lot of problems last weekend.

Morata is in the Spain squad, but yeah was an unused sub last night.

No, Burnley has at least 7 or 8 players I would take over anyone on Cardiff. Cardiff is the worst team talent-wise I have seen in the EPL in years. Arsenal is/was playing extremely poorly and still beat them. We should thrash them every time. They are the only EPL team I would say this about.

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

No, Burnley has at least 7 or 8 players I would take over anyone on Cardiff. Cardiff is the worst team talent-wise I have seen in the EPL in years. Arsenal is/was playing extremely poorly and still beat them. We should thrash them every time. They are the only EPL team I would say this about.

You say that now. Burnley at the start of last season lost Michael Keane and Andre Gray. Two big players. Majority of people had them rooted to go down, including myself. Tell me one player at the start of last season, who you would of rated talent wise from that team?  They lost key players and bought around 2 players from lower league clubs. 

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Tell me one player at the start of last season, who you would of rated talent wise from that team?  They lost key players and bought around 2 players from lower league clubs. 

Oki ( and because one of my best footie mates is a West Brom punter, we go over PL lesser talents ALL the time, especially last year, summer of 2017, when he was going insane over their fucked up owner's lack of spending)

Nick Pope

Ben Mee

James Tarkowski

Jack Cork

Jeff Hendrick

Robbie Brady

Georges-Kevin N'Koudou (on loan from Spuds)

Chris Wood

15 minutes ago, mccg said:

Neil Warnock set to spring a surprise on Chelsea this weekend to get his first victory

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-cardiff-warnock-sarri-victory-15143070

If that happens, abject panic will start to ooze in, especially if followed up by a second poor performance (away in the EL at PAOK Thessaloniki). I have seen this script before.

That said, I see almost zero chance of us dumping the 3 points, unless Bobby Reid, Josh Murphy, and Junior Hoilett all have MONSTER games. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is out injured (knee) so I expected Hoilett to maybe start as an inverted RW, and he is pacey, so might give Alonso a bit of a go, but Reid has to deal with our MF, so should be in for a right proper bollocksing. Azpi can surely take out Murphy most of the time. They have the worst strikers in the league, and their CB's are for shit too.

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Sarri saying that he has chosen his captain and that he wants to speak with the players and club first before announcing.

Who do you recon?

Theres arguments for 3 the way I see it.

Dave obviously.

Eden to hopefully spur him on like it has with Belgium. BUT I honestly dont see captaincy in him. Hes not vocal at all. If he wants to lead do it by example. The only way I could accept it is if he signed up.

And my choice Jorginho. Hes very vocal. He is forever directing players all over the pitch. And as hes the engine of the team it makes sense.

Cant see any outsiders.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, mccg said:

Neil Warnock set to spring a surprise on Chelsea this weekend to get his first victory

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-cardiff-warnock-sarri-victory-15143070

Lol dream on Colin

On 12/09/2018 at 6:31 PM, mccg said:

Only if he's bunged the chefs to make lasagne.