• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

5 hours ago, DDA said:

You have to say... it's credit to this crop of players. We give them a lot of stick but they seem to adapt to amy tactical approach thrown at them. Evidential im the way they adopteD both Conte and Sarris system soo quickly.

True, the players are tactically very flexible, esp this change to 3 man defense and back to 4 has been executed to perfection both times. But then again, the board by accident or by cleverness chose manager whose philosophies in terms of work ethic are similar. Mourinho instilled a hard working mentality into them that got reaped by Conte to mould into his defensive, running around style with 11 behind the ball at times and now Sarri, without losing this mentality gave them some more offensive joy by scrapping the shackles and allowing players to drift forward more as long as they get back fast enough. I just really really hope we can somehow convince Kante and Hazard to stay bc then I could see something lasting and genuine being build here. Even if we do not win titles every year, the way the players express themselves on the pitch atm and the football we play is just great to watch and when the academy graduates can pick up this philosophy we can become what Roman always dreams of and what many fans wish too. Sure,  I prefer winning titles ugly rather than losing in beauty but we have won a shitload of titles in the past 15 years and in order to do again but by playing beautiful football too which surely is the next step we need to learn to play taht football with a little less pressure first.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game eh! Mate phoned me at 12 to say his mate couldn't make it did I want to go! 15 minutes later I'm out the door lol

Their goal just should not have happened but it showed that yes we have it in us to come back from being down. Is that the 1st time in yonks we have gone in at half time up after being down?

And we might give Willian some grief (in one way he deserves it) but Sarris trick of using him and his fresh legs is working well. Whichever starts between Pedro  or Willian bringing the other on later has worked each time.

Thought we (supporters) were quiet a lot of the game tho. Didn't like that.

Never ever expected us to be top of the league even this early and by 1 goal.

Just 1 fight at a time guys. I think we shall have some battles coming up. Might get bloody!

Thought we were fairly sloppy for a large chunk of the game, but picked up in the second half. 

Interesting to see the way the forum reacts. 

Luiz really didn't do much wrong, and his "silly challenge" was a nothing moment. Nothing in it at all, but people look to him as a scapegoat so will criticise anything they can. 

Also funny that Giroud is being praised, yet had Morata put in that performance it would have been a massive negative reaction. Funny that. 

Pedro was immense today, but just couldn't finish. Hazard was clearly good but took too many touches in the middle of the park for me. Needs to work harder to win the ball back as well and push up. Barkley always seems like he is one touch away from something good but either botches it or never gets there. Very weird. I thought Alonso was dreadful today, as opposed to last week where he was our best player. 

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

Thought we were fairly sloppy for a large chunk of the game, but picked up in the second half. 

Was sloppy in places but personally thought we were better in 1st half/ Tho we were different in the 2nd.

Luiz really didn't do much wrong, and his "silly challenge" was a nothing moment. Nothing in it at all, but people look to him as a scapegoat so will criticise anything they can. 

I only have a dig at him when he deserves it/ and you have to agree that hes not the sharpest tool in the box defensively.

He seemed more together than some games but he still seems to be out of place when we actually need some strong defensive discipline.

Also funny that Giroud is being praised, yet had Morata put in that performance it would have been a massive negative reaction. Funny that. 

You must agree that we were a better attacking force with Giroo. I really dont understand Moratas problem as he should be a very good striker. It can't all be psychological.

27 minutes ago, Thor said:

Pedro was immense today, but just couldn't finish.

Thought he did play well and unlucky not to get on the scoresheet but he missed so many chances mate. We have this current habbit of if Willian starts he normally misses chances then Pedro comes on and scores.

IMHO we need to upgrade the RW  Need to get Bailey STAT!

28 minutes ago, Thor said:

Hazard was clearly good but took too many touches in the middle of the park for me. Needs to work harder to win the ball back as well

Agree with all but while I think he has got better at trying to get the ball back I'm thinking its the best that he is going to be at it. I think Sarri is probably right saying hes better staying forward more

I also think that we get the best out of him when he gets off the leash and let him play his matural game but that also includes that he likes dropping back to pick the ball up so its a tough one.

28 minutes ago, Thor said:

Barkley always seems like he is one touch away from something good but either botches it or never gets there. Very weird

I agree mate I dont know what it is with him. Its like hes got the same problem Morata has.

I wouldn't mind giving him a go on RW.