test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

closed Chelsea 2-0 Bournemouth

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

199 posts in this topic

This is my findings.

We are dead lucky teams can't finish against us, Arse really fucked up, they on chances could have won 3-5, then Bournemouth could at least got a 2-2- draw, both these teams were appalling finishers.

Newcastle we won by a very dubious penalty, and an OG, our defensive performances worry the life out of me, for a start Sarri needs to get Luiz out of the side.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Regardless of whether the Bournemouth players made the most of it, if you start to do 'unusual things', then you leave yourself at the mercy of the referee. Do we really want that given some referees like to be at the centre of attention (e.g Mike Dean)?

And on the two incidents, there was no need for them to do anything at all, especially in Rudiger's case. His back pass was safely going to Kepa and Fraser wasn't even close to getting to it but Rudiger felt the need to make contact with him for some reason. 

Dont know about you but I was shouting at the telly at that!

What I'm waiting for is for Luiz to do a Le Arseholes and get a red about this time last year.

Tunnelcam

Starman60 likes this

2 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

This is my findings.

We are dead lucky teams can't finish against us, Arse really fucked up, they on chances could have won 3-5, then Bournemouth could at least got a 2-2- draw, both these teams were appalling finishers.

Newcastle we won by a very dubious penalty, and an OG, our defensive performances worry the life out of me, for a start Sarri needs to get Luiz out of the side.

Whereas I totally agree with you on our defensive frailities I think that perhaps you are not giving Chelsea enough credit for the way we play. When you say Arse fucked up, Yes to an extent they did. They could have had a few goals but for poor finishing. But on the other hand we took our chances and kept playing with our high press to keep them under the cosh even after they had come back. Last season under Conte we would have thrown in the towel at 2-2 and closed up shop through fear. Bournemouth yes could have had 2 goals, but again fluffed their lines, but we took our chances, after grinding them down. It is very hard to play against a nine man defence and we have done that in our last two games. Newcastle reminded me of us against City last season, and we did to Newcastle what City done to us. I totally agree about our defence and bigger teams will punish us. This part of the team has had no investment during the transfer window, and Luiz is a worry. But look at Klopp at Liverpool, same scenario last year. A rolls Royce forward line, and a Morris Minor defence, but he worked on it slowly and now has a formidable defence. Sarri will do the same in time. Everyone sees our weakness, but everyone also sees the huge culture change that is happening at the Bridge, and I for one love it. Yes we are poor at the back at times, Yes, we also ride our luck at times too, but the football is good and a work in progress. If you had been offered 4 wins out of your first 4 games you would have said perhaps a tad ambitious, but we have done it with a team in transition. Even if we win nothing this season I am liking what I see, and I think in time we will see a much improved team including our defence, and Luiz will slowly be eased out of the side. The way I see us playing now is that if the opposition score 3 we will score 4. We will create chances, and so will the opposition, because thats the way we are set up, and we,as fans, will take some time to get used to it after the way the team over the past 10 years has been set up more defensively minded under Mourinho and Conte. So Bigbluewillie, sit back and enjoy the ride my friend, it's gonna big fun.

kellzfresh, Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Sometimes a bit of luck is all you need... 

Though we do need to remember how to defend with Liverpool coming up... 

But considering how long it took us to win games in a row last year.. So far so good!!! 

Johnnyeye, Starman60 and Vesper like this

3 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Whereas I totally agree with you on our defensive frailities I think that perhaps you are not giving Chelsea enough credit for the way we play. When you say Arse fucked up, Yes to an extent they did. They could have had a few goals but for poor finishing. But on the other hand we took our chances and kept playing with our high press to keep them under the cosh even after they had come back. Last season under Conte we would have thrown in the towel at 2-2 and closed up shop through fear. Bournemouth yes could have had 2 goals, but again fluffed their lines, but we took our chances, after grinding them down. It is very hard to play against a nine man defence and we have done that in our last two games. Newcastle reminded me of us against City last season, and we did to Newcastle what City done to us. I totally agree about our defence and bigger teams will punish us. This part of the team has had no investment during the transfer window, and Luiz is a worry. But look at Klopp at Liverpool, same scenario last year. A rolls Royce forward line, and a Morris Minor defence, but he worked on it slowly and now has a formidable defence. Sarri will do the same in time. Everyone sees our weakness, but everyone also sees the huge culture change that is happening at the Bridge, and I for one love it. Yes we are poor at the back at times, Yes, we also ride our luck at times too, but the football is good and a work in progress. If you had been offered 4 wins out of your first 4 games you would have said perhaps a tad ambitious, but we have done it with a team in transition. Even if we win nothing this season I am liking what I see, and I think in time we will see a much improved team including our defence, and Luiz will slowly be eased out of the side. The way I see us playing now is that if the opposition score 3 we will score 4. We will create chances, and so will the opposition, because thats the way we are set up, and we,as fans, will take some time to get used to it after the way the team over the past 10 years has been set up more defensively minded under Mourinho and Conte. So Bigbluewillie, sit back and enjoy the ride my friend, it's gonna big fun.

Sarri made a very prescient comment post game. He said these grinder games play into his hand as we utterly wear out the other team with passing and pressing for the first 60 to 70 minutes, then we go in for the kill.

Johnnyeye, kellzfresh and Starman60 like this

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sarri made a very prescient comment post game. He said these grinder games play into his hand as we utterly wear out the other team with passing and pressing for the first 60 to 70 minutes, then we go in for the kill.

Had to look up what prescient  meant but I suppose thats right.

But the lads have to remember, ALL of them, that we aren't that ball carrying team now that should be relying on dribbles. OK we all like to see them when they come off but thos system we have going shows that theres 2 ways to skin a cat and it works much better when the whole team is in on it

But its still early and its a learning curve. These soddin internationals come at a piss poor time eh

Johnnyeye and Starman60 like this

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Had to look up what prescient  meant but I suppose thats right.

But the lads have to remember, ALL of them, that we aren't that ball carrying team now that should be relying on dribbles. OK we all like to see them when they come off but thos system we have going shows that theres 2 ways to skin a cat and it works much better when the whole team is in on it

But its still early and its a learning curve. These soddin internationals come at a piss poor time eh

I should have added post NEWCASTLE game comments, as that is where the prescient part (in regards to Bournemouth) came into being (ie.a comment that explains future events)

sorry for the confusion

Unionjack likes this

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

I should have added post NEWCASTLE game comments, as that is where the prescient part (in regards to Bournemouth) came into being (ie.a comment that explains future events)

sorry for the confusion

I'm more confused now, than when I was confused:D

Starman60 likes this

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'm more confused now, than when I was confused:D

Sarri said after the Newcastle game that grinder games play into his tactics of wearing down the oppo in the first 60, 70 minutes via our passing and their chasing, then we go in for the kill shot, and that is what happened in the Bournemouth game (thus he was prescient)

bigbluewillie likes this

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/maurizio-sarri-outlines-where-100-chelsea-still-need-to-improve

“I think we need to be careful with the positioning of the players behind the line of the ball when we are in the offensive phase,” he said. “Sometimes on Saturday [against Bournemouth] we had the right full-back at the cross and other one in the box, so it is a little bit dangerous.

“David Luiz and Rudiger were in the right position when the opposition attacked the spaces [in counter-attack], not always the full-backs, not always the midfielders, centre-left and centre-right.

“We can improve on this. If we are able to improve the positioning behind the line of the ball, we can have in this kind of match more continuity, without counter-attacks of the opponent.

“Maybe with more continuity, we could score earlier.”

Not really touched on in the video, but we're still riding our luck.  We don't give up that many chances considering we have all the ball.  But, the ones we give up are massive.

Unionjack likes this

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sarri is so much more expansive on tactical talk than Conte ever was. I love it!

And he manages to do it without slagging any of the lads off. I wonder what hes like as a person? Seems to like a laugh and a joke. Not heard one of his players new or old say a bad word about him. And that is a rarity on its own.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Not really touched on in the video, but we're still riding our luck.  We don't give up that many chances considering we have all the ball.  But, the ones we give up are massive.

I never in my life thought I would see us having a formation of 2 3 5!!

Sideshow Luiz likes this

41 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Not heard one of his players new or old say a bad word about him. And that is a rarity on its own.

Tbh nobody had a bad word to say about Conte either, we were reading only praises from his former players. Now I think Willian would disagree.

Unionjack likes this

Just now, manpe said:

Tbh nobody had a bad word to say about Conte either, we were reading only praises from his former players. Now I think Willian would disagree.

Seems a few here would. Poison spreads

We keep the ball so well and it frustrates the other teams, but sorry to say, our final third is just not on. Pass, pass, pass and it's as though everyone is afraid to take a shot. Prime example has been against Newcastle and Bournemouth where Rudiger was taking shots after mass amounts of passing, which was probably out of frustration. Granted, we are playing Morata who cannot get into a scoring position to save his life, but come ON. Somebody have a crack. It was a bit better against Bournemouth, but we still need final third work. We can't be just passing the ball around for 5 minutes without penetrating. 

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, DavidLuizFan said:

We keep the ball so well and it frustrates the other teams, but sorry to say, our final third is just not on. Pass, pass, pass and it's as though everyone is afraid to take a shot. Prime example has been against Newcastle and Bournemouth where Rudiger was taking shots after mass amounts of passing, which was probably out of frustration. Granted, we are playing Morata who cannot get into a scoring position to save his life, but come ON. Somebody have a crack. It was a bit better against Bournemouth, but we still need final third work. We can't be just passing the ball around for 5 minutes without penetrating. 

Recall BATS!!! He will NEVER pass up a shot!! LOLOLOL

On 04/09/2018 at 6:38 AM, Unionjack said:

And he manages to do it without slagging any of the lads off. I wonder what hes like as a person? Seems to like a laugh and a joke. Not heard one of his players new or old say a bad word about him. And that is a rarity on its own.

I never in my life thought I would see us having a formation of 2 3 5!!

Explain how a 2 3 5 looks, what players would start and where, and how it actually could work please.