• Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jason said:

And yet, they still looked like a mess against City last weekend, which wasn't (much?) better than we did in the Community Shield. 

I know it was only a friendly back then but I remember people saying Arsenal would beat us in Dublin because they had a proper pre-season with their manager etc and yet, we outplayed them in the first half and should have won the game.

Both sides are still adapting to new methods, manager etc. It will come down to who will be less shit on the day itself. 

"who will be less shit on the day itself. " any more negative comments you should suspend yourself lol , ffs be positive , hope too see the famous CFC outplay the Arseholes take their chances and be in a joyful mood looking forward for the season ! 1st home game of the season london derby 

Sarri will take charge of a Premier League game for the first time at Stamford Bridge heres what he said...

I will the coach of one of the most important clubs in Europe in one of the most important stadiums in Europe for my first London derby. I am looking forward to it, and so say all of us for he's a jolly good fellow..Keep The Faith .

3 hours ago, Jason said:

And yet, they still looked like a mess against City last weekend, which wasn't (much?) better than we did in the Community Shield. 

I know it was only a friendly back then but I remember people saying Arsenal would beat us in Dublin because they had a proper pre-season with their manager etc and yet, we outplayed them in the first half and should have won the game.

Both sides are still adapting to new methods, manager etc. It will come down to who will be less shit on the day itself. 

That's why I'm thinking a draw.

I tend to be fairly cautious, especially when people (not just here) get too optimistic.  Conversely, I have optimism when people think we'll lose (re: Spurs this time last season).  We're at our best when people write us off.

Arsenal fans seem pretty confident from what I've seen. Unless we come out completely flat like we did against Huddersfield while Arse blitz us and score early I really don't think we'll lose this. I think the mentality of the team now under Sarri is far different than it was under Conte last season. The lads will now be instructed to start on the front foot and go after Arsenal rather than trying to simply contain them and counter attack.

Their entire back 4 is frankly shit defensively and Cech is very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet when he's under pressure. If our attack is fluid and keeps the ball moving quickly I don't see how they keep us from scoring. Conversely, we have 2 areas in our back 4 that are very susceptible to pace and a new keeper making only his second appearence in a new league. So there are certainly areas they can exploit as well.

I'm confident that we'll win this but would be very confident had this fixture been a few weeks from now instead so Hazard and Kovacic were fully caught up and match fit. 

Back from my cruise and I bloody didn;t get to see us against Huddersfield :middlefinger: but we got the win. This will be a much different game for us and although we are not bad going forward,our defence worries me. I still think we will be too strong for them and we'll win. Sarri says Eden and Kovacic are not ready for 90 minutes, so give them 45 each. We need to terrorise them from the start so lets start CHO and scare the shit out of Belerin again :D

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Arsenal fans seem pretty confident from what I've seen. Unless we come out completely flat like we did against Huddersfield while Arse blitz us and score early I really don't think we'll lose this. I think the mentality of the team now under Sarri is far different than it was under Conte last season. The lads will now be instructed to start on the front foot and go after Arsenal rather than trying to simply contain them and counter attack.

Their entire back 4 is frankly shit defensively and Cech is very uncomfortable with the ball at his feet when he's under pressure. If our attack is fluid and keeps the ball moving quickly I don't see how they keep us from scoring. Conversely, we have 2 areas in our back 4 that are very susceptible to pace and a new keeper making only his second appearence in a new league. So there are certainly areas they can exploit as well.

I'm confident that we'll win this but would be very confident had this fixture been a few weeks from now instead so Hazard and Kovacic were fully caught up and match fit. 

We really need to move the ball quickly in attack like Sarri mentioned because that's the only way to get past tight defences. I hope a full week of training has brought the team closer to that, because that is the base of Sarri's football, the one touch passing and quick movement to exploit the gaps before they close.

Right thats me off for some liquid refreshments before the game.

If you see it kicking off in the Shed you will know its me. I'm going with my best mate who is a Gooner and he dared me to go with him. I'm not one to back down from a dare specially to a north Londoner!!

I'm actually going wearing a scarf just so they understand my alliance. and when we score I shall be going bonkers in the middle of them so we shall see how it goes and if my mate has my back or the first to chin me haha (its been known)

COYB!!!!

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Right thats me off for some liquid refreshments before the game.

If you see it kicking off in the Shed you will know its me. I'm going with my best mate who is a Gooner and he dared me to go with him. I'm not one to back down from a dare specially to a north Londoner!!

I'm actually going wearing a scarf just so they understand my alliance. and when we score I shall be going bonkers in the middle of them so we shall see how it goes and if my mate has my back or the first to chin me haha (its been known)

COYB!!!!

I love this you nutter.

I won't be able to watch the match, but I really do hope we get a win to start the season with a good mood.

What better way of doing that than blowing le arse's fans expectations?