• Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

When Hazard and Kovacic enter the starting line-up, Giroud has to play. Especially in home games. Morata is slowly getting better but not there yet. I think Giroud with his target man abilities is more useful to the team right now.

And I think Morata could prove to be effective off the bench. But I'd go for Morata in most away games. You want more mobility and speed in away games (Chelsea not being one of the fastest teams in the league).

I agree off the bench Morata can be effective and yes he is improving but he is just too soft.

Aways game If I want more speed I probably will play hazard - Pedro - Willian 

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I am more convinced than ever that we were fools to not sell Willian to Barca for £65m or even better do the swap deal with Manure for Martial. Also, I REALLY want AC to start over Luiz. Barkley looked decent but Kovacic is at another level. Alonso is going to be the starter, we just have to accept his defensive shortcomings. Kante needs to be used as a DMF, he is the best in the world at that postion. Making him go forward is a waste and exposes Jorginho. I so hope Hazard starts the next game. Kepa was oki, I expect him to settle in more each game. He is very calm with ball at hus feet, which is so important.

All in all, a learning experience AND we got the 3 points against a top 6 team.

Luiz is an enigma. He's very important when Chelsea are in possession as his passing game gives Chels an edge offensively. But his defending is suspect and he can let you down from time to time.

Christensen is the better defender (though he lacks that physicality Luiz brings) but doesn't offer that edge Luiz does, making Chelsea weaker offensively.

If Christensen manages to get that weight up, he'll force himself into the team.

29 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Jorginho's positioning is fuxking excellent. I love midfielders who know how to move. He's always in the right positions, providing passing options. Body constantly in the correct direction to turn into space. Accurate and strategic passer. Very intelligent in his decision-making. Knows when to keep it simple or when to go for the forward pass. Never afraid to play an early ball in behind or ping a through ball. The sight of this type of midfielder in a Chelsea kit makes me so happy.

Love how you only mentioned his offensive positioning. :P 

28 minutes ago, communicate said:

I agree off the bench Morata can be effective and yes he is improving but he is just too soft.

Aways game If I want more speed I probably will play hazard - Pedro - Willian 

Pedro is never a striker for me. Definitely not in a possession team. He does not possess the awareness to move in the centre. He needs to face the goal at all times. He doesn't know how to play with his back to goal and make the right decisions when receiving the ball in the centre of the pitch. He needs to play on the flanks.

Hazard is a better fit in the centre but Chels become a too nice up top. Not enough willingness and urgency to get the ball in the goal. And it also makes the team a bit too short overall without playing Morata or Giroud. Becoming a lot more vulnerable in dealing with set-pieces.

On 18-8-2018 at 9:08 PM, Jason said:

Love how you only mentioned his offensive positioning. :P 

He plays in front of defence but he's a playmaker. He wasn't bought for his defensive ability.

When the club signed him I already mentioned his defensive weaknesses so I'm not surprised.

EDIT: He'll improve defensively when Chelsea manage to keep the team compact. It's less of a problem in the Serie A or La Liga but he'll always struggle when there's too much space between the lines in English football. He'll be fine in Europe though.

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

He plays in front of defence but he's a playmaker. He wasn't bought for his defensive ability.

When the club signed I already mentioned his defensive weaknesses so I'm not surprised.

Agree but although the responsibility isn't just on him, he has to be more aware in that aspect if Sarri's gonna continue playing him in that deep lying role. 

the problem in defence is caused by 2 factors:
1) the team just don't know  defence's movement in sarri's system, so the space between defence and midfield aren't good! for example: maybe midfielder press, but defence are afraid to press to so they go back and it creates a hole between midfield and defence! 
Other problem is the wings when we are attacked, Sarri ask to defence to be very hold, but so the wings are free... there Hazard, pedro or willian have to learn that is they task!
2) Players: Azpi is decent, but also alonso ( Emerson will be good also) but the problem are two central! we have 5 players: Christiensen, luiz,rudiger, ampadu, cahill!
Cahill let lose!
Luiz is very good as a back playmaker but he doesn't know  how to defend! or drive the defence, he doesn't know the distance he have to take or basic movement like diagonals...
Rudiger is good, but he isn't a leader, he need to play near a leader!
CHRISTIENSEN is only player we have that know how to drive a defence!!! we have to be one of two central back! 
last player is Ampadu, are good with the ball (the most good after luiz) but he can also defend instead of luiz!!
I think we have to play with Christiensen-Rudiger or at least Christiensen-Ampadu if we want more pass ability!
Cahill and luiz are just to go or used like a reserve in case!

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Agree but although the responsibility isn't just on him, he has to be more aware in that aspect if Sarri's gonna continue playing him in that deep lying role. 

(Check the *EDIT)

He'll improve defensively when Chelsea manage to keep the team compact. It's less of a problem in the Serie A or La Liga but he'll always struggle when there's too much space between the lines in English football. He'll be fine in Europe though.

38 minutes ago, Thor said:

I thought Barkley got a lot of hate today, and some were particularly blaming the meltdown in the 15 minute period on him. Hardly fair. Honestly thought Kante and Jorg were the ones that let us down in that 15 minute stretch. 

Thought he played well, and that play where he flicked the ball up and had a shot at Cech was one of my favourite plays of the game. 

agreed. While Kovacic is obviously a level above him, Ross did very well especially in the second half. He finally looked like doing something with the football.

This is a team with far more quality as in technique all around. Good to watch!