• Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

60 minutes 2 assists, shoot more please hazard.

Btw 2nd half suddenly the cutback is no longer much of a problem anymore. 

Giroud will start over Morata if Morata continue to play like this. Watching Giroud play is like how I want Morata to play. 

I only watched the 2nd half and missed the 1st. Hazard and Kovacic were amazing. The former is standard but the latter was fantastic. All of a sudden positive about the season than I've ever been. We still need to do something about Luiz for Christensen. I just dont see Luiz surviving as a starter throughout the season. Alonso will get a pass from me for now. :D

Amazing match and football. I can't believe we're playing this sort of football now. That was better than anything we played last season entertainment wise. 

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

60 minutes 2 assists, shoot more please hazard.

Btw 2nd half suddenly the cutback is no longer much of a problem anymore. 

Giroud will start over Morata if Morata continue to play like this. Watching Giroud play is like how I want Morata to play. 

lol Morata scores, he sucks. 

Morata doesn't score. He really sucks. 

OK.

I want to say that was a great win but more relieved than anything else to take the 3 points after the horrific last 15 minutes of the first half. 

First 30 minutes - Excellent. Good movement and passing as well as exploiting Arsenal's high line, something we rarely do under previous managers whenever we play teams with a high defensive line.

Following 15 minutes - The less said, the better. A debacle.

Second 45 minutes - Good, controlled and measured performance. Maybe it was owed to Arsenal looking more interested in defending the 2-2 but did well enough to prevent any clear goalscoring opportunities and still look threatening going forward. 

3 minutes ago, sir_volrath said:

Why didn't Hazard just shoot himself? 

thats the difference between a ruthless goalscorer like Messi or Ronaldo and Hazard right there, if you have the skill and ability just go for it, he should do it more often, that would have been 4-2 right there, in the end it wasnt decisive and yet another save for Cech who was playing a blinder and kept Arsenal in it, i feel that many times we are too wasteful in front of goal and on another day it bites us in the ass. Thank God for Alonso's goal and the 3 points, but it doesnt reflect the true story of the game, we were lucky Arsenal werent ruthless today, we need to step up big time in defense. damn it felt like ages since we beat this lot, it felt so good to beat them. Cheers and KTBFFH

Seems like the way we need to defend is to just keep on attacking. After we scored we didn't park the bus, we kept playing our game and Arsenal never saw the ball. Kovacic was superb when he came on and will be a huge asset to us. If the team that finished the game tonite starts next week I would be confident of a result. Willian started well but disappeared off the scene quickly. And Kepa seems a little suspect. But we won, are top of the league, and haven't yet perfected our style, so I'll take that for now.