test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   30 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

411 posts in this topic

What a scare. When Iwobi scored the 2nd, my fecking (but awesome?) gooner dad hugged me so tight I couldn't breathe and taunted me.

But I had the last laugh. Thought we fecked up again against these little feckers.

Johnnyeye likes this

I want to say that was a great win but more relieved than anything else to take the 3 points after the horrific last 15 minutes of the first half. 

First 30 minutes - Excellent. Good movement and passing as well as exploiting Arsenal's high line, something we rarely do under previous managers whenever we play teams with a high defensive line.

Following 15 minutes - The less said, the better. A debacle.

Second 45 minutes - Good, controlled and measured performance. Maybe it was owed to Arsenal looking more interested in defending the 2-2 but did well enough to prevent any clear goalscoring opportunities and still look threatening going forward. 

Pizy, Starman60, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

3 minutes ago, sir_volrath said:

Why didn't Hazard just shoot himself? 

thats the difference between a ruthless goalscorer like Messi or Ronaldo and Hazard right there, if you have the skill and ability just go for it, he should do it more often, that would have been 4-2 right there, in the end it wasnt decisive and yet another save for Cech who was playing a blinder and kept Arsenal in it, i feel that many times we are too wasteful in front of goal and on another day it bites us in the ass. Thank God for Alonso's goal and the 3 points, but it doesnt reflect the true story of the game, we were lucky Arsenal werent ruthless today, we need to step up big time in defense. damn it felt like ages since we beat this lot, it felt so good to beat them. Cheers and KTBFFH

Seems like the way we need to defend is to just keep on attacking. After we scored we didn't park the bus, we kept playing our game and Arsenal never saw the ball. Kovacic was superb when he came on and will be a huge asset to us. If the team that finished the game tonite starts next week I would be confident of a result. Willian started well but disappeared off the scene quickly. And Kepa seems a little suspect. But we won, are top of the league, and haven't yet perfected our style, so I'll take that for now.

Johnnyeye likes this

On 8/17/2018 at 4:24 PM, Mana said:

Nah, can't see Morata scoring. He'll probably F up like he usually does against Arsenal.

On 8/17/2018 at 5:16 PM, Mana said:

But back to this game, I want us to win (because it's way overdue against these feckers) and if we are going to win, it won't be because of Morata. I'm just sayin'.

Never forget. :P 

Total domination until the meltdown.

Progressively returning to possession, with hazard and kovacic just too much for Arsenal to hold.

I've got to say that it's definitely a scare but we have to congratulate the team for the performance, we are adapting to sarri style faster than expected and the difference is visible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

lol Morata scores, he sucks. 

Morata doesn't score. He really sucks. 

OK.

Nah, you should see most of my post about Morata. I have defended him so many times. Yes he scored and yes his overall holdup play today  is decent but today Giroud holdup play is eveb better and they way Giroud press, defend and fight is the way I want Morata to play.

I have said it countless of times since last season, Morata need to go to they gym and get much2 stronger the same with kepa who I thought should have saved mhky shot 

2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Nah, you should see most of my post about Morata. I have defended him so many times. Yes he scored and yes his overall holdup play today  is decent but today Giroud holdup play is eveb better and they way Giroud press, defend and fight is the way I want Morata to play.

I have said it countless of times since last season, Morata need to go to they gym and get much2 stronger the same with kepa who I thought should have saved mhky shot 

Giroud playing for 15 minutes, I don't think he did any more than Morata, he had one chance and it was saved. Our pressing in general needs worked on still in some instances but promising signs don't think Morata not pressing was due to anything other than instructions at times, he spent a lot of time splitting the centre backs. Giroud cant be Morata and Morata cannot be Giroud as they are 2 different types of players, lets be frankly honest. Its like wanting Azpi to be Marcelo. 

Blue Armour likes this

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Giroud playing for 15 minutes, I don't think he did any more than Morata, he had one chance and it was saved. Our pressing in general needs worked on still in some instances but promising signs don't think Morata not pressing was due to anything other than instructions at times, he spent a lot of time splitting the centre backs. Giroud cant be Morata and Morata cannot be Giroud as they are 2 different types of players, lets be frankly honest. Its like wanting Azpi to be Marcelo. 

Hopefully there is a recording for today's game and you can see how different Giroud play as no 9. He is slow and finisiing is crap but just watch how he fight and press. Those two things are important if Morata want to succeed in PL. PL value physicality especially for a no 9, the way Morata play is just too soft for EPL. 

DYC. and Johnnyeye like this

I am more convinced than ever that we were fools to not sell Willian to Barca for £65m or even better do the swap deal with Manure for Martial. Also, I REALLY want AC to start over Luiz. Barkley looked decent but Kovacic is at another level. Alonso is going to be the starter, we just have to accept his defensive shortcomings. Kante needs to be used as a DMF, he is the best in the world at that postion. Making him go forward is a waste and exposes Jorginho. I so hope Hazard starts the next game. Kepa was oki, I expect him to settle in more each game. He is very calm with ball at hus feet, which is so important.

All in all, a learning experience AND we got the 3 points against a top 6 team.

Johnnyeye likes this

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

I thought Barkley got a lot of hate today, and some were particularly blaming the meltdown in the 15 minute period on him. Hardly fair. Honestly thought Kante and Jorg were the ones that let us down in that 15 minute stretch. 

Thought he played well, and that play where he flicked the ball up and had a shot at Cech was one of my favourite plays of the game. 

Hes looking better every game I think. Today was a big game too, when we faded I'd say it was more to do with Kante-Jorginho perhaps not positionally being right without the ball as well as Ross but again its a learning curve, lets not forget we are 2 games into the season and theres plenty to learn yet. The game could have went so much differently if not for some dodgy finishing and good saves from both keepers/strikers.