test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   30 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Morata
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

411 posts in this topic

Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Jorginho+Huddersfield+Town+v+Chelsea+FC+

2018/19 Premier League Match 2
18th August, Saturday, 2018
Stamford Bridge
17:30 Kick Off (UK time)

I bet Bellerin is having sleepless nights already hoping CHO doesn't start.

Can you hear his arse squeaking? Could be a line from a new Bellerin chant  4c6fe169bf8aa5f164a4f5f0deaf60bc.gif

Stats and the wes like this

According to Sarri, Hazard, at the moment, is not ready to play 90 minutes. We will need him big time against Arsenal so hopefully he will improve his condition.

Not sure if he will start, but hope CHO gets another shot at Arsenal.

Unfinished business.

After having so much fun against them in recent years, it is starting to feel like we have problems beating them. Have not beaten them for a while it seems now and I desperately want to put it right on Saturday. Their defence has looked really vulnerable in pre-season and today. Hopefully we can put them to the sword.

I expect they'll be significantly better next weekend than they were this. Torreira and Lacazette will probably start and they may also bench Cech who looked terrible today. They'll also be in somewhat of a "desperation" mode knowing that they can be 6 points behind their rivals and under pressure already.

Their fans have all been preaching about patience and giving Emery loads of time to change things, but if they lose their first two against top 4 rivals to open the season they may go into meltdown within the first two weeks. 

I wonder if Kovacic will be good to go for this. Unfortunately he probably won't.

28 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

We will probably see the same starting 11

I hope Sarri is getting a better picture as to who is going where.

He seems to like playing ones who aren't as fit for the end of games as its the best way to get fit

I'm just dying to see Wee Baldy Man  Jorgi and Mat (Kova) starting cause I think they are going to rip teams open!

And I still think CHO  Pedro  Eden would be our best front line.

Starman60 likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I expect they'll be significantly better next weekend than they were this. Torreira and Lacazette will probably start and they may also bench Cech who looked terrible today. They'll also be in somewhat of a "desperation" mode knowing that they can be 6 points behind their rivals and under pressure already.

Their fans have all been preaching about patience and giving Emery loads of time to change things, but if they lose their first two against top 4 rivals to open the season they may go into meltdown within the first two weeks. 

I wonder if Kovacic will be good to go for this. Unfortunately he probably won't.

Cech was their only player who could come out with credit today and the reason the scoreline was not embarrassing ???

17 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm just dying to see Wee Baldy Man  Jorgi and Mat (Kova) starting cause I think they are going to rip teams open!

Rip them open like a cheap tin of beans, then Morata will drop the toast:(

That fecker better come good.

Unionjack likes this

7 minutes ago, Stats said:

Cech was their only player who could come out with credit today and the reason the scoreline was not embarrassing ???

His distribution was woeful and he nearly scored an own goal playing a pass across his net. He gifted City numerous possessions in dangers areas trying to play out from the back. It's like they were trying to turn Petr into a ball playing sweeper keeper which isn't his forte at all.

DYC. likes this

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Yeah I think they'll be coming with a point to prove.

But I'm glad we're playing them at home rather than away.