The FIFA Thread

Fulham Broadway

EA Sports signs 'unprecedented' Man City FIFA deal

Publisher to develop "bespoke content and experiences" for club

EA Sports and Manchester City Football Club have announced an "unprecedented" deal that will see exclusive MCFC content appear in the FIFA series of games.

Click to view larger image

The deal, which was announced at EA Sports' campus in Vancouver this morning, "is unprecedented in both its scale and scope within the computer game industry", says the football club.

As part of the agreement, dedicated Man City content will be distributed through the Club and EA's digital channels, including MCFC 'match simulations' prior to real fixtures and "unique visuals of the City stars in action".

Probably much to the annoyance of fans of the unrecognisable Premier Leagues squads in EA's game, the FIFA firm's captured 360 degree 3D head scan shots of the entire Man City first team.

EA Sports will also give fans the opportunity to download an "exclusive and unique free club specific pack design" prior to FIFA 12's September 30 release, and provide dedicated gaming areas around the Etihad Stadium in Manchester.

Watch in HD No comments yet, be the first!

Nick Harford, EA Sports' football business lead, said: "We are delighted to be entering into a dynamic new partnership with Manchester City. Through this agreement, EA Sports will invest in the creation of bespoke content and experiences that bring Manchester City fans across the globe closer to the team they love."

Ian Cafferky, chief brand and commercial officer for Man City added: "EA Sports' reputation is unparalleled, both within the video game industry and around the world. The fact that a company of EA Sports' calibre has joined our stable of valued partners shows a clear indication of the club's growth and appeal to a global audience.

"Many of our supporters, not to mention first team players are huge fans of FIFA. The deal with EA Sports was therefore a natural fit and the beginning of what I know will be an exciting partnership."

Earlier this month, we posted a FIFA 12 video interview with series overlord David Rutter, discussing the first details of this year's Career effort, which by the sound of it features added player moaning.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/311973/ea-sports-signs-unprecedented-man-city-fifa-deal/

Peter Kenyon will be spinning in his grave..

Ron Gourlay is a fucking joke.

I'm a basic 4-4-2 guy and all my ultimate teams are always 4-4-2 as well because i just work so well with it.

My Chelsea team atm (Online) is

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Bosingwa - Essien - Lampard - Malouda

Torres - Drogba

I sometimes use Ramires on the right or use Luiz instead of Alex because of his pace but Alex is a beast from corners and he's really strong, score sooo many headers with him. All i'll really do is FUT from now on tho, it's so much more fun than just playing. I remember when i got an IF Lisandro Lopez in a pack, 88 ovr and sold him for 175k, was so happy lol.

Ultimate Team wont be a download this year, it will be on the disc straight away. Returning users can start managing their team from September 20th (10 days early) on the web app with free gift or 2. Probably means a gold pack or whatever.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fut-11-weekly-update-aug-19-2

FIFA 12 Scores best of Gamescom award.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/bestofgamescom-02

An all enhanced online mode

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa-12-online-2

This fifa is gonna be fantastic.

Few vids here too and images.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/news/fifa12-at-gamescom-02

I'm mega excited for Fifa 12 especially the career mode. It looks so much nicer and more in depth for example theyve made it so teams can bid on players even if you don't put them for sale and then the players can get moody if you reject the bid and they wanted to go to the club.

----------------Cech----------------

--Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole---

--------------Lampard--------------

-----Ramires----------Malouda----

-----------------Mata----------------

---------Sturridge ---Torres---------

is my preferred lineup atm.