Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

10 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah but United are still paying a massive portion of his wages. 

I'm not sure, the way the club operates, it'll be prepared to suck up a large chunk of his transfer fee and wages to allow him to be loaned out.

At best I think we may be able to command £5m for a loan fee and someone pay £75-100k per week of his salary. There would definitely be suitors as he's still well regarded in Spain and an international for their country but it will be teams outside the top 3 looking at him who won't usually spend big money.

We got over 15m euros for two Zouma loans (Everton and Stoke).

Two year loan Kepa to Valencia 15m. Plus they pay at least 50% of his salaries. This is 25m saved.

After this period he still has 3 years left on contract so if he does good in Valencia we can sell him for big money or take him back.

Lampard on Kepa....

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/03/frank-lampard-says-chelsea-could-solve-set-piece-problem-by-signing-tall-players

“I’m not going to talk about what we may do at the end of the season,” Lampard said. “With Kepa, there’s been a lot spoken about him this season. All I want from him is the right mentality and attitude in approaching games. I’m happy with him. That’s the end.”

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He looked very decent in our pre season and is 2 meters tall. Can't really do worse than Kepa

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

At this point, even a Conference keeper might do better than Kepa. If the bar is set against Kepa, any keeper would likely do better. What we need to do is identify a genuine top class keeper, not compare with Kepa because that bar is very, very low. 

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Why not give Jamie Cummings a chance before season ends? Can't really do worse than Kepa or Willy

Since you watch a lot of youth games, what are your thoughts on him? What is he good at, not good at etc?

No offence but his surname is gonna be memed...

Since you watch a lot of youth games, what are your thoughts on him? What is he good at, not good at etc?

No offence but his surname is gonna be memed...

He is decent, but I have to say that when I watch youth games, I do not really focus on GK because getting into the Chelsea's first team as a GK is almost impossible. Only now with Kepa, we can now think about about Jamie Cummings, but during Cech or snakes time, no chance any GK would have gotten a chance and we can understand why that is the case.

Jamie looks tall, but according to wiki he is only 186 cm, which I am not so sure if that is correct. He looks really tall compared to his other defenders.

He is not the most physical of GK just like Kepa. Onana for instance or Neuer have way more muscles on them and that helps when you go out to catch a ball or to punch the ball out of the danger zone. That is Jamie's biggest weakness I would say, but it is nearly not as bad as Kepa because Kepa only holds his line and never goes out to punch a ball out of the danger zone. His biggest attribute are his reflexes. They are very good. I do not really know about his technical abilities, but me personally, I am fine having snake for instance that saves many shots, but does not have Ter Steven's world class passing skills. I really do not care about that. Overall he is decent. I currently do not see world class written over him, but if he gains some muscles, he may be someone to look forward to. But he is better than Willy and Kepa, which is not hard.

I would still go for another goalkeeper in the summer overall, if a truly world class GK is available. Lampard somehow did not give Cummings a chance in a FA Cup game or so and that would have been a chance to see how good Cummings is against more physical opponents

28 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

He is decent, but I have to say that when I watch youth games, I do not really focus on GK because getting into the Chelsea's first team as a GK is almost impossible. Only now with Kepa, we can now think about about Jamie Cummings, but during Cech or snakes time, no chance any GK would have gotten a chance and we can understand why that is the case.

Jamie looks tall, but according to wiki he is only 186 cm, which I am not so sure if that is correct. He looks really tall compared to his other defenders.

He is not the most physical of GK just like Kepa. Onana for instance or Neuer have way more muscles on them and that helps when you go out to catch a ball or to punch the ball out of the danger zone. That is Jamie's biggest weakness I would say, but it is nearly not as bad as Kepa because Kepa only holds his line and never goes out to punch a ball out of the danger zone. His biggest attribute are his reflexes. They are very good. I do not really know about his technical abilities, but me personally, I am fine having snake for instance that saves many shots, but does not have Ter Steven's world class passing skills. I really do not care about that. Overall he is decent. I currently do not see world class written over him, but if he gains some muscles, he may be someone to look forward to. But he is better than Willy and Kepa, which is not hard.

I would still go for another goalkeeper in the summer overall, if a truly world class GK is available. Lampard somehow did not give Cummings a chance in a FA Cup game or so and that would have been a chance to see how good Cummings is against more physical opponents

JC looks slightly taller than both Kepa and Willy in the training vids. Height stats for players who are still growing are usually outdated. Also in contrast to kepa he has long arms which is even more vital.

I dont know how good he actually is but if we had any decent CBs, LBs or GKs in the youth teams, Lampard surely had a look at them already.

On a different note, I read a rumour from some random paper that we enquired about Areolawho is out of favour at Paris and Real so would be cheap. He is an interesting option. He is capable of incredible saves and is one of the most athletic goalies on the planet but at the same time prone to stupid mistakes. Think of a huge, younger Caballero.

JC looks slightly taller than both Kepa and Willy in the training vids. Height stats for players who are still growing are usually outdated. Also in contrast to kepa he has long arms which is even more vital.
I dont know how good he actually is but if we had any decent CBs, LBs or GKs in the youth teams, Lampard surely had a look at them already.

On a different note, I read a rumour from some random paper that we enquired about Areolawho is out of favour at Paris and Real so would be cheap. He is an interesting option. He is capable of incredible saves and is one of the most athletic goalies on the planet but at the same time prone to stupid mistakes. Think of a huge, younger Caballero.
I agree with you, but the problem about Kepa is that he cost 70 mio. and it is hard to bench Kepa because of that and especially to bench him for a youth goalkeeper. But it pains me to see that Kepa is still our first choice GK.

Does Cummings still train with us after Corona break? I have not seen him in any videos, while I have seen Anjorin, Broja and Maatsen in our videos

If a long term keeper is unattainable this summer, how about Matthew Ryan? I get VDS at Fulham esque vibes from him so it will be interesting to see how he deals with the step up.

And as some have said, the bar is set so low he can only impress really.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If a long term keeper is unattainable this summer, how about Matthew Ryan? I get VDS at Fulham esque vibes from him so it will be interesting to see how he deals with the step up.

Not really a valid comparison to VDS. Even though he did play at Fulham the time United signed him, he was a serial title winner at Ajax at a period when the Eredivisie was pretty a good league (Ajax also won CL with van der Sar in goal).

That's not to say Matthew Ryan couldn't do the job but comparing him to an experienced winner like VdS is way off. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

And as some have said, the bar is set so low he can only impress really.

Don’t know if he is really better than Kepa. This season maybe but last season Kepa was much better. I think he'd be an excellent back up though who could really push Kepa or our number 1 if we replace him, similar to what we thought Begovic should have done here. Doubt Brighton would sell him they are building something with Graham Potter.