Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

16 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Really not impressed with Kepa's season but I guess he can still improve.

Would have been more comfortable with Leno or Gulasci between the sticks tho.

Leno has been dodgy this season but has made some very good saves too. Kepa is better than him though imo. Gulasci have not seen much of him so can't say anything in regards to him.

19 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Im perfectly happy with Kepa. Leno doesnt strike me as great keeper while Gulacsi is quality this year, I prefer younger gk to stay here for 10 years or so if possible.

What I like about Kepa is that he has realy strong mentality. He came here as most expensive GK, but he didnt go down by pressure. Then he did that in the final and when he returned on pitch, it didnt affect him at all. Its also remarkable he "demands" to play all games, including cup games. One might see it as cocky, but IMO once he gains experience, he could be one of those characters on the pitch that help you win the games.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Im perfectly happy with Kepa. Leno doesnt strike me as great keeper while Gulacsi is quality this year, I prefer younger gk to stay here for 10 years or so if possible.

What I like about Kepa is that he has realy strong mentality. He came here as most expensive GK, but he didnt go down by pressure. Then he did that in the final and when he returned on pitch, it didnt affect him at all. Its also remarkable he "demands" to play all games, including cup games. One might see it as cocky, but IMO once he gains experience, he could be one of those characters on the pitch that help you win the games.

I noticed that too. At that age he already has huge and stable confidence which is one of the most important aspects of a top keeper. HIs antics in the league cup final cost us the trophy tho i am sure Caballero would have won it for us.

22 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think you are being harsh, Kepa has had a very solid first season, 23 clean sheets in 52 games. He has made a few errors but his also won us a lot of games today being a prime example, who knows what happens if Deeny scores from that header. Like I said in an earlier post he has a few things to work on like his positioning at times and claiming crosses which he hopefully will have worked on for next season. Just ask Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City how hard it is to replace a world class goalie. If we are being honest his been slightly better than Thibo last season since he can actually pass from the back. Give him a solid defence in front of him I think he can become one of the top keepers in the world

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

HIs antics in the league cup final cost us the trophy tho i am sure Caballero would have won it for us.

Blaming Arrizabalaga bc we didn't win the penalty shootout and claiming Cabalerro would have won it for Chelsea is.. I don't even know what to say.. strange. What makes you think that? Willy's history with City?

5 hours ago, Stats said:

Leno has been dodgy this season but has made some very good saves too. Kepa is better than him though imo. Gulasci have not seen much of him so can't say anything in regards to him.

Gulácsi is a very good shot stopper, has great reflexes but not exactly the modern GK prototype. His is nearly not as comfortable with the ball as Kepa or Ederson. As much as I would love a compatriot of mine at Chelsea, Kepa is a better choice.

3 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Blaming Arrizabalaga bc we didn't win the penalty shootout and claiming Cabalerro would have won it for Chelsea is.. I don't even know what to say.. strange. What makes you think that? Willy's history with City?

Gulácsi is a very good shot stopper, has great reflexes but not exactly the modern GK prototype. His is nearly not as comfortable with the ball as Kepa or Ederson. As much as I would love a compatriot of mine at Chelsea, Kepa is a better choice.

Caballero is one of the best at stopping pens and i am sure he would have kept out agüeros weak pen. but maybe blaming kepa only  was harsh. He still needs to heed the managers call instead of causing unnecessary drama.

Gulacsi is ok with his feet. I get this modern goalie stuff but i think long range passing in a gk is a bit overrated. Having a perfect shirt distribution andgood first touch imo is enough for a gk and gulacsi posseses that 

18 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Caballero is one of the best at stopping pens and i am sure he would have kept out agüeros weak pen. but maybe blaming kepa only  was harsh. He still needs to heed the managers call instead of causing unnecessary drama.

Gulacsi is ok with his feet. I get this modern goalie stuff but i think long range passing in a gk is a bit overrated. Having a perfect shirt distribution andgood first touch imo is enough for a gk and gulacsi posseses that 

Tbf if we are gonna blame anybody for that cup final the cock linesman who flagged Eden offside when he was clearly onside, going clean through and probably would of scored. Although eben then maybe that's clutching at straws haha.

Penalty shootouts are as much luck as skill for me. You can research and analyse past penalties and shootouts etc again but the occasion and pressure can get to players, or others can thrive under it. I mean you can score 1000 penalties in training over a season but miss in a cup final. Or like you said about Agueros shank it a bit and still score. Even that CL final in 2012, Germans are notoriously ruthless at penalties but Schweinsteiger of all people fucked one (Cech did touch it tbf but even then he looked so nervous running up) and Olics penalty was on par with Matas in terms of how poorly hit it was no real pace or accurate placement. Even Mata he didnt look overly confident taking his one and he was probably one of the best pen takers at the club at the time along with Lampard, Luiz and Drogba.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf if we are gonna blame anybody for that cup final the cock linesman who flagged Eden offside when he was clearly onside, going clean through and probably would of scored. Although eben then maybe that's clutching at straws haha.

Penalty shootouts are as much luck as skill for me. You can research and analyse past penalties and shootouts etc again but the occasion and pressure can get to players, or others can thrive under it. I mean you can score 1000 penalties in training over a season but miss in a cup final. Or like you said about Agueros shank it a bit and still score. Even that CL final in 2012, Germans are notoriously ruthless at penalties but Schweinsteiger of all people fucked one (Cech did touch it tbf but even then he looked so nervous running up) and Olics penalty was on par with Matas in terms of how poorly hit it was no real pace or accurate placement. Even Mata he didnt look overly confident taking his one and he was probably one of the best pen takers at the club at the time along with Lampard, Luiz and Drogba.

You are right about the linesman and the luck part. But i think for the goalkeeper's side skill is a big part of it.

Also Schweinsteiger and Mata IMO have always been poor penalty takers. 

47 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

You are right about the linesman and the luck part. But i think for the goalkeeper's side skill is a big part of it.

Also Schweinsteiger and Mata IMO have always been poor penalty takers. 

Mata has always been quite prolific from the spot throughout his career in fairness. Wasnt Schweinsteiger not a regular taker for Bayern too? 

54 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Mata has always been quite prolific from the spot throughout his career in fairness. Wasnt Schweinsteiger not a regular taker for Bayern too? 

No Schweinsteiger was for sure not the penalty taker for bayern. It used to be Ballack, then Ribery, then Gomez, then Butt, then Robben, then Lewandowski. Schweinsteiger only ever took 2 pens in regular game time IIRC missed one, scored one.

Mata was our secondary pen taker when Lampard was not playing. I remember him missing at least two and i always hated his technique bc he hit them without any power and with so much curve. Which is shit bc in cases he aimed for the right side of the goal, the ball to end up in the net despite the curve it would need to pass very close to the goalkeeper.

39 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

No Schweinsteiger was for sure not the penalty taker for bayern. It used to be Ballack, then Ribery, then Gomez, then Butt, then Robben, then Lewandowski. Schweinsteiger only ever took 2 pens in regular game time IIRC missed one, scored one.

Mata was our secondary pen taker when Lampard was not playing. I remember him missing at least two and i always hated his technique bc he hit them without any power and with so much curve. Which is shit bc in cases he aimed for the right side of the goal, the ball to end up in the net despite the curve it would need to pass very close to the goalkeeper.

I think he missed 3/4 for us, missing in Munich and twice vs Birmingham while netting against QPR.

I didn't like Ash's penalty's either, he always went to the keepers left and it was only a matter of time before keepers clocked on,  luckily it was for Euro 2012 his luck ran out and not Munich.

37 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think he missed 3/4 for us, missing in Munich and twice vs Birmingham while netting against QPR.

I didn't like Ash's penalty's either, he always went to the keepers left and it was only a matter of time before keepers clocked on,  luckily it was for Euro 2012 his luck ran out and not Munich.

Agree with Cole's penalties they were always the same and predictable. However his pen in Munich was pretty much un-saveable, couldn't have been placed any better considering Neuer went the right way on it too.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Genuinely baffled that people were saying Kepa went with his wrong hand on that save after it happened. :doh: 

Because he wears a Chelsea shirt and everyone bar Leicester hates us. You know this Jason.