Kepa: 12 De Gea: 7

Conceded
Kepa: 34 De Gea: 43

High claims
Kepa: 12 De Gea: 9

Sweeper clearances
Kepa: 7 De Gea: 1

On 12/04/2019 at 2:05 PM, Jason said:

I'm genuinely curious to see how Oblak fares at another club. Not saying he is a bad keeper but the defensive nature of Simeone's Atletico can make a keeper look better than he actually is and Courtois is an example of that.

Perhaps but even then when hes called upon he is brilliant. If Atletico ever sell him they could get upto 100m for him no doubt.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So was Courtois at Atletico...

Courtois is still an excellent GK in all fairness. Few bad performances here and at Madrid but on his day not many are better. If he could show the consistency he did in his first full season here hed be one of the best. His attitude is rank though.

11 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

You forgot Gulasci who has been absolutely sublime this season and made another big step after an excellent last season. He might look like an ageing salesman for vacuum cleaners but he is by far the best goalie in Bundesliga rn.

Gulácsi, not Gulasci :)

Yeah, he has become a very good keeper, he was linked with a move to Us last summer. I remember when he joined Liverpool at the age of 17-18, he looked 30 then, now he is like he was 40 but only 28.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 6:01 AM, NikkiCFC said:

This season in PL:

Errors leading to goals
Kepa: 0 De Gea: 2

Pass success
Kepa: 87% De Gea: 58%

Clean sheets
Kepa: 12 De Gea: 7

Conceded
Kepa: 34 De Gea: 43

High claims
Kepa: 12 De Gea: 9

Sweeper clearances
Kepa: 7 De Gea: 1

De Gea is having a very poor season but de Gea imo is far better gk. Kepa shot stopping is not close to de Gea. Kepa reaction is a bit too slow, he should have saved jovic header and against united he didn't even react to Rojo header 

21 minutes ago, communicate said:

De Gea is having a very poor season but de Gea imo is far better gk. Kepa shot stopping is not close to de Gea. Kepa reaction is a bit too slow, he should have saved jovic header and against united he didn't even react to Rojo header 

De Gea was born after his time, he's a quality shop stopper but his overall game doesn't fit with the modern times. Even last season when he was getting all the hype he was not close to being the best GK in the world (that's been Ter Stegan for quite a while).

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

De Gea was born after his time, he's a quality shop stopper but his overall game doesn't fit with the modern times. Even last season when he was getting all the hype he was not close to being the best GK in the world (that's been Ter Stegan for quite a while).

Ter Stegen is brilliant. His distrubiton is also first class, absolutely phenomenal value for 12m euros or whatever Barca paid and obviously theyve coached him on contributing when playing out a lot too. Still think Neuer is very overlooked these days after 8 or 9 yesrs of being undoubtedly the best GK in the world, hes still very very good. Kepa has a big ceiling though, more than happy with his first season.

7 hours ago, communicate said:

Nope, no chance on that header, no keeper in world would have saved it, if he (Kepa) had hedged to his left, Jovic would have went back across him to the opposite corner. 

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Oblak all day, all night, over ter Stegen. Superior in most categories. IMHO

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Nope, no chance on that header, no keeper in world would have saved it, if he (Kepa) had hedged to his left, Jovic would have went back across him to the opposite corner. 

As a goalkeeper coach I would like you to break down the goal from the cross, to the point of the header, to Kepa's position to the goal going in. I look forward to hearing how you get to the conclusion that 'he had no chance'

My own eyes.

Apparently, based off so many comments, I am one of the few people who watched EF a lot. I know what Jovic can do with a header. If Kepa had shaded to his left, Jovic would have went to the other corner. He is just deadly in the air.

I am also amazed at how little people took into account that EF was missing 2 absolutely key, superb players and also their best CB, N'Dicka, didn't play.

If they get all 3 back for return leg, it is NOT at all a certain thing we win. Haller and Rebic are just so key for them, almost 50 goals produced in only a total of 5000 minutes combined. Just Azpi will end up playing close to 5000 minutes, around 4800, for comparison.

Put those 3 players (N'Dicka too, who is going to be a superb CB, and is only 19yo) on us from summer 2018, and would be in 3rd place by 10 to 15 points.

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

My own eyes.

Apparently, based off so many comments, I am one of the few people who watched EF a lot. I know what Jovic can do with a header. If Kepa had shaded to his left, Jovic would have went to the other corner. He is just deadly in the air.

I am also amazed at how little people took into account that EF was missing 2 absolutely key, superb players and also their best CB, N'Dicka, didn't play.

If they get all 3 back for return leg, it is NOT at all a certain thing we win. Haller and Rebic are just so key for them, almost 50 goals produced in only a total of 5000 minutes combined. Just Azpi will end up playing close to 5000 minutes, around 4800, for comparison.

Put those 3 players (N'Dicka too, who is going to be a superb CB, and is only 19yo) on us from summer 2018, and would be in 3rd place by 10 to 15 points.

You haven't broke it down though. You then go into how people haven't taken you opinion on EF seriously, and not how the goal Jovic scored.

Jovic scores this header from 13-14 yards out, it doesn't matter how good he is with his head this is about how he scored and how Kepa didn't keep this out.

The pass from the wing is whipping into Jovic, and it's slightly behind him. He then has to arch his body and head back, stoop low and generate the power to the far post. Kepa's positioning is wrong, he's far too far to his near post, that's the first mistake he makes. The fact Jovic is away from the penalty spot makes it even worse for Kepa, he's too far out, he has to make his own power and guide it. 

I guarantee if you speak to any keeper at any level they would say they should of done better, no keeper at this level should be beaten from that distance, delivery that low and how much he has to do to finish that header.

I cannot talk about Jovic going the other way because he didn't do that, I'm talking about the header he scored and how Kepa was at fault for the goal we conceded. Incidentally I spoke to an ex Chelsea keeper today and asked him about this goal and his answer was "Mistake from Kepa"

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

You haven't broke it down though. You then go into how people haven't taken you opinion on EF seriously, and not how the goal Jovic scored.

Jovic scores this header from 13-14 yards out, it doesn't matter how good he is with his head this is about how he scored and how Kepa didn't keep this out.

The pass from the wing is whipping into Jovic, and it's slightly behind him. He then has to arch his body and head back, stoop low and generate the power to the far post. Kepa's positioning is wrong, he's far too far to his near post, that's the first mistake he makes. The fact Jovic is away from the penalty spot makes it even worse for Kepa, he's too far out, he has to make his own power and guide it. 

I guarantee if you speak to any keeper at any level they would say they should of done better, no keeper at this level should be beaten from that distance, delivery that low and how much he has to do to finish that header.

I cannot talk about Jovic going the other way because he didn't do that, I'm talking about the header he scored and how Kepa was at fault for the goal we conceded. Incidentally I spoke to an ex Chelsea keeper today and asked him about this goal and his answer was "Mistake from Kepa"

Luiz needs to take the blame for the goal as well he was caught ball watching  if luiz would have put pressure on jovic he wouldn't have scored the goal 

Just now, the wes said:

Luiz needs to take the blame for the goal as well he was caught ball watching  if luiz would have put pressure on jovic he wouldn't have scored the goal 

I'm talking purely about Kepa and the goal, we all know Luiz should of done better, but that's typical of our season...should of done better.