Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

20 minutes ago, the wes said:

Real Madrid could be set to make a move for Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, according to the TEAMtalk.

If the profit is big enough, cash in and promote a kid. We've got some good keepers in development and out on loan. My choice would be Marcin but I'm worried that the relationship with him has already broken down. He was offered a contract extension which he didn't sign for the usual concern about progression pathway reasons. No one can blame him when the club splashed a record fee on a goalkeeper who is only three and a half years older. Since then however, Marcin has been nowhere to be seen in game day squads at any level. Such a shame. He's a brilliant shop stopper and has the makings of a truly outstanding keeper in my opinion.

If we've effectively lost Marcin, then go with Jamie. A lot of informed opinion thinks I've got it wrong and that he's a better keeper than Marcin anyway.

35 minutes ago, the wes said:

Real Madrid could be set to make a move for Chelsea goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, according to the TEAMtalk.

lol just fuck off Real, isn't the snake enough for you already? why dont you just buy Chelsea FC while you are at it. Fucking bully clubs

It is not gonna happen. Even though it would be fun if the club were to sell him just to spite Cuntois. But Zidane rejected Kepa already once and has reinstated his beloved Keylor Navas. No way he will sanction to sign a third class goal keeper.

52 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If the profit is big enough, cash in and promote a kid. We've got some good keepers in development and out on loan. My choice would be Marcin but I'm worried that the relationship with him has already broken down. He was offered a contract extension which he didn't sign for the usual concern about progression pathway reasons. No one can blame him when the club splashed a record fee on a goalkeeper who is only three and a half years older. Since then however, Marcin has been nowhere to be seen in game day squads at any level. Such a shame. He's a brilliant shop stopper and has the makings of a truly outstanding keeper in my opinion.

If we've effectively lost Marcin, then go with Jamie. A lot of informed opinion thinks I've got it wrong and that he's a better keeper than Marcin anyway.

Perfecto!!! 

Even ready to swap Navas + money and have a young kid as a backup for a year or so who can be integrated as the no1.  

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

It is not gonna happen. Even though it would be fun if the club were to sell him just to spite Cuntois. But Zidane rejected Kepa already once and has reinstated his beloved Keylor Navas. No way he will sanction to sign a third class goal keeper.

... and the bubble is gone :(

1 hour ago, the wes said:

1. Headline labeled Kepa a 'flop' but in the body of the article, it said he has "performed well". :lol: 

2. Did TeamTalk just come out of the cave or something? The Kepagate is over long ago but now they claimed his future is under scrutiny? :lol::lol: 

3. Zidane turned down the chance to sign him for a cheap fee some time back. I don't see why he would come back for Kepa, who still has like seven years left on his contract. Would cost Real a fortune to sign him and they need reinforcements elsewhere, not the keeper's position.

4. The Sun ran a similar story yesterday and they put only 50 million price tag on him! :lol::lol::lol: 

4 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I think Kepa is the perfect GK for us for the next 10 years tbf. Good shot stopper, still has huge potential, his distribution for me is pretty class too which helps building up. Dont see why we would ever entertain selling him. To Madrid as well who we just sold Tibo to last summer.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think Kepa is the perfect GK for us for the next 10 years tbf. Good shot stopper, still has huge potential, his distribution for me is pretty class too which helps building up. Dont see why we would ever entertain selling him. To Madrid as well who we just sold Tibo to last summer.

Fair enough and you may very well be right.

I like Keppa but I don't yet feel that the question I asked last summer has been resolved. Back then I was not convinced that Keppa was worth £71m more of Chelsea's money than Marcin. If there is any truth to this rumour, then the question now seems to be whether or not Keppa is worth £80 plus millions more of Real's money than Marcin or Jamie Cummings? That's a question I'd have a hard time answering yes to.

Keeper's are important of course but, as long as they reach a certain level of competence, an OK goalie will do better in a good team, than a great one will do in an OK team. No one here doubts that we have major needs all over the pitch while also having a book balancing requirement it seems. I know @Vesper has laid out a serious cash raising scheme we could adopt but that solution has been available to the club for a long time and they've shown no inclination to try it. In the circumstances, if the opportunity comes to trade Keppa for an equally good, if less experienced, stopper plus a sizable down payment on a much needed outfield player, I would take it.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Fair enough and you may very well be right.

I like Keppa but I don't yet feel that the question I asked last summer has been resolved. Back then I was not convinced that Keppa was worth £71m more of Chelsea's money than Marcin. If there is any truth to this rumour, then the question now seems to be whether or not Keppa is worth £80 plus millions more of Real's money than Marcin or Jamie Cummings? That's a question I'd have a hard time answering yes to.

Keeper's are important of course but, as long as they reach a certain level of competence, an OK goalie will do better in a good team, than a great one will do in an OK team. No one here doubts that we have major needs all over the pitch while also having a book balancing requirement it seems. I know @Vesper has laid out a serious cash raising scheme we could adopt but that solution has been available to the club for a long time and they've shown no inclination to try it. In the circumstances, if the opportunity comes to trade Keppa for an equally good, if less experienced, stopper plus a sizable down payment on a much needed outfield player, I would take it.

A fair market price for Kepa would have been around £45m to £50m

The way this board shits away hundreds of millions (quite literally, just Drinkwater is a £70m ramrod up the fanny) I am not going to lose sleep over £22m to 25m premium. IF they had had a lick of common sense they would have sold Big Nose to RM in summer of 2017 (EVERYONE knew he was NEVER going to renew) for around what we paid for Kepa and bought Kepa then (his release clause was only 20m euros up until January 2018!!) or went after Alisson (wayyy cheaper then than when Liverpool bought him) or even outbid Shitty for Ederson.

I HATE our board:(

I dont see the club selling a GK we just paid 71m for signing on a 7 year contract in the summer for any price, yet alone 50m or whatever that stupid article says. The board have done some stupid shit but selling a 71m investment at a loss? 

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I dont see the club selling a GK we just paid 71m for signing on a 7 year contract in the summer for any price, yet alone 50m or whatever that stupid article says. The board have done some stupid shit but selling a 71m investment at a loss? 

And I wouldn't trade him one on one for any other GK in the world.

If anyone wanted to buy Kepa, we could easily demand at least 90m. He cost us 70m, add 7 year contract and good season in PL. 

But we shouldnt sell tbh, if we do it will become habit. We must should show the world that best players we have are not for sale. And Kepa did very well so far. 

On 09/04/2019 at 7:09 PM, NikkiCFC said:

And I wouldn't trade him one on one for any other GK in the world.

Oblak and probably Ederson yes. The rest no, not even the others in the top 6 (ter Stegen, Alisson, and De Gea (4 years older).

Big drop off after those 6. Fuck big nose, La Liga has exposed him.

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Oblak and probably Ederson yes. The rest no, not even the others in the top 6 (ter Stegen, Alisson, and De Gea (4 years older).

What about your crush Thomas Strakosha? :P 

1 minute ago, manpe said:

What about your crush Thomas Strakosha? :P 

I rate him a level below those 6, along with big nose, Donnarumma, Meret, Pau Lopez, Onana, Lafont, Audero, and Areola (no order). 

Those 9 plus the top 6 are my top 15 in terms of buys (obviously big nose can sod off), not ageing but still at peak right now players.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I'm genuinely curious to see how Oblak fares at another club. Not saying he is a bad keeper but the defensive nature of Simeone's Atletico can make a keeper look better than he actually is and Courtois is an example of that.