Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

If he'd cost £20m people would be saying ''We need a better quality keeper''. -_-

We only paid 70m because of his release clause. Maybe we should have signed Alisson instead but we didn't. And the other alternatives were Jordan Pickford and Jack Butland...

Just now, Jason said:

We only paid 70m because of his release clause. Maybe we should have signed Alisson instead but we didn't. And the other alternatives were Jordan Pickford and Jack Butland...

We are where we are, and he has faults clouded by his fee and obfuscated by other players shortcomings. Good keeper, but not in Cudicini/Cech league

19 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

We are where we are, and he has faults clouded by his fee and obfuscated by other players shortcomings. Good keeper, but not in Cudicini/Cech league

No, not yet. Of course he isn't. I just want to get this clear, FB - are you saying that for his transfer fee, he should be as good as Cech was for us? It just comes across that way. 

44 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

No, not yet. Of course he isn't. I just want to get this clear, FB - are you saying that for his transfer fee, he should be as good as Cech was for us? It just comes across that way. 

I am saying that because of his fee, he is getting a free pass atm re his shortcomings whereas others are getting slated. 

Mourinho for all his current faults, with that fantastic 2004-5 team had a mantra that is 100% relevant. Start at the back. Top keeper. with a solid defence in front is paramount. He is a good keeper, and I get the 'he will get better' stuff, but he isn't 19, and the Worlds most expensive keeper I would not expect to be so naïve in some situations. 

2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Get a load of this guy, like he was a goal keeper or something. Sheeeesh!

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I am saying that because of his fee, he is getting a free pass atm re his shortcomings whereas others are getting slated. 

Mourinho for all his current faults, with that fantastic 2004-5 team had a mantra that is 100% relevant. Start at the back. Top keeper. with a solid defence in front is paramount. He is a good keeper, and I get the 'he will get better' stuff, but he isn't 19, and the Worlds most expensive keeper I would not expect to be so naïve in some situations. 

I get what you're saying. There's been some point blanks at him that you're expecting a goal keeper to save, not that he doesn't make his share of Hollywood saves. I was hoping to see more of a reaction keeper upgrade on Courtois and I haven't been too impressed but for all that there are improving signs imo. Time will tell if he lives up to this World Record fee but as @Jason said, there's more pressing concerns right  now. 

12 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes, like where the fuck have you been ?

Here, there, everywhere mate! Just got more and more busy and before I knew it I barley had time to visit as often as I did! 

Also just realised Snake is listed as my favourite player ffs.

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

Here, there, everywhere mate! Just got more and more busy and before I knew it I barley had time to visit as often as I did! 

Also just realised Snake is listed as my favourite player ffs.

Good to see you back -are you hanging around or just a flying visit ?

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Good to see you back -are you hanging around or just a flying visit ?

I'll try stick around. I'm avoiding Chelsea related news at the moment, so I'm waiting for some kind of heated debate  to rise up somewhere that's not the usual 'sWaP kAnTe FoR jOrGiNhO' rhetoric flying around :lol: .

Was Term ever allowed back?

17 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I see, I misinterpreted. I think he deserves criticism for a number of goals this season that I'd have certainly expected Thibaut or Pete to save, but I think he is the least of our problems right now. He has the second-most clean sheets in the league behind Allison, who has a far stronger defence in front of him!

4 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

I see, I misinterpreted. I think he deserves criticism for a number of goals this season that I'd have certainly expected Thibaut or Pete to save, but I think he is the least of our problems right now. He has the second-most clean sheets in the league behind Allison, who has a far stronger defence in front of him!

Hes also behind Ederson as well. So perhaps when we start playing well again, dominating competitions it would make sense to upgrade to someone of Cech or Courtois ability then and just put up with him for now.