Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

5 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol...

Loads of criticism against this young lad...give him a break...what was Luiz doing all day long ball watching...

Let's not engage in whataboutism here... Luiz was shit and committed a crucial mistake as did Kepa. Both were in the same situation but still we should mend them individually

5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Let's not engage in whataboutism here... Luiz was shit and committed a crucial mistake as did Kepa. Both were in the same situation but still we should mend them individually

He needs to improve significantly no doubt about that but I don't have any fuss about him considering all the goals he has conceded thus far especially considering the fact we have a ticking time bomb in Luiz...

3 minutes ago, Flavio said:

Not to be blamed for the Joselu header, but I feel like De Gea would've saved that

That was my immediate thought but De Gea is the best in the World. Kepa is nowhere near but he can't be blamed for that today. It was a great header.

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

yup that looked suspicious again. I hope he settles his nerves at some point...but when you look at how Alisson handled himself yesterday you start thinking what this price tag does to a head

I don't think it was even about the nerves today. It was a classic case of the team switching off because they thought Giroud was fouled and didn't play to the whistle. It's not something you want to see your team do it but it happens to everyone and it has happened to the best. It wasn't exactly like a glaring error (e.g. letting a shot squirm through him). Other than that, he had a quiet game with barely anything to do. The reaction to him here seems like a classic case of nitpicking because he's still new etc.

19 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol...

Loads of criticism against this young lad...give him a break...what was Luiz doing all day long ball watching...

lmao yeah luiz heuheuheueheu

Oh wait, this is a thread about Kepa. And I wanted to talk about Kepa's performances in the first matches of the season not Luiz.

Kepa has potential to be very good. But why should we avoid talking about his weak points until that potential might be fulfilled? I like him and hope he ends up as a big success. But he has not impressed me so far. My post was not just about today, but also the previous matches where he has looked shaky and let a few goals in I think quite a few keepers in the league would have had.

Not to be blamed for the Joselu header, but I feel like De Gea would've saved that

But then again, remember the Drogba vs Bayern header? That was a near post header and Neuer couldn't stop it either.

This wouldn't even be a talking point if this was a long time keeper of ours. Not many keepers are saving that ball. Well, none of them are saving it 10/10 times. 

It is a tough ball to deal with, and especially given the fact he thought Luiz had it covered. 

It happens. 

This forum will continue to over analyse for the sake of it. 

9 minutes ago, calculatingInfinity said:

lmao yeah luiz heuheuheueheu

Oh wait, this is a thread about Kepa. And I wanted to talk about Kepa's performances in the first matches of the season not Luiz.

Kepa has potential to be very good. But why should we avoid talking about his weak points until that potential might be fulfilled? I like him and hope he ends up as a big success. But he has not impressed me so far. My post was not just about today, but also the previous matches where he has looked shaky and let a few goals in I think quite a few keepers in the league would have had.

Now I can see where you are coming from...lemme end it here cos he ain't sold on him...so he doesn't even need to impress you...I am not excluding from criticism but the comments just seems as if he is the main culprit while we have loads of other issues at the back...just a case of nitpicking

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Looking at it again, can we really blame him? The header just flew past him in a flash. Had power behind it.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/lp5mk6fqejowt3oqnxbo.mp4

He had no chance there. No sane person will blame him.

Came on this forum to read people's feedbacks and it didn't even cross my mind that here would be criticism of Kepa. That shot was pretty much unsaveable. barring a freak save that you don't expect. Had he saved it, it would have been absolutely world class and would make Buffon's top 10 list. The defending before the goal was bad though... Luiz :carlo:

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Good reflexes, weak wrists.

I'd say it's a common problem with young goalkeepers. De Gea and Neuer had similar issues at that age. It takes years of practise, hard work and experience to develop the kinds of iron fists we see on some of the more experienced top keepers.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I don't think it was even about the nerves today. It was a classic case of the team switching off because they thought Giroud was fouled and didn't play to the whistle. It's not something you want to see your team do it but it happens to everyone and it has happened to the best. It wasn't exactly like a glaring error (e.g. letting a shot squirm through him). Other than that, he had a quiet game with barely anything to do. The reaction to him here seems like a classic case of nitpicking because he's still new etc.

Its a classic case of Chelsea fans looking to shoot down their own players for nothing but the fact they want to. The guy has done nothing wrong and even if he has or does, look how long it took De Gea to show how good he was, a year maybe just a bit less.

David Luiz is the main issue for me in that back 4. Hes 30 or 31 year old, no excuses for him because hes vastly experienced but gets caught out ball watching almost every game. But this is repeatedly ignored because he can pass the ball a bit better than our other defenders. Defenders who cannot defend are about as much use as a fucking chocolate ashtray.