test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

389 posts in this topic
14 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He's freaking brilliant. Makes me not even remember a great keeper like Courtois left us. He's that good. His distribution is a million times better than Courtois' mediocre distribution plus he's an excellent shot stopper. The best distribution of any Chelsea keeper probably ever. His command of the box has really impressed/surprised me.  Love everything about Kepa. He's been easily one of our best players this season.

I agree, joining to replace Courtois with that price tag and a relatively young age for a goalkeeper with no Premiership experience I expected a bit of a rough ride this season but he has been excellent.

And there is no doubt his distribution and ability on the ball is a different class. What we're trying to accomplish under Sarri and playing out from the back would not be possible without Kepa and Luiz. Rudiger is more than competent enough to play that way but Kepa is one of the best ball playing keepers I've seen around and Luiz for me is currently the best ball playing centre back in England, possibly Europe.

Courtois did us a favour by acting a cunt or we wouldn't have got Kepa. I didn't even realize what we were missing until I saw Kepa's distribution, so accurate and effortless... Courtois would whip half of those balls out of bounds. Not only that but he's a great shot stopper too. 7 year contract how lucky are we :P 

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Courtois did us a favour by acting a cunt or we wouldn't have got Kepa. I didn't even realize what we were missing until I saw Kepa's distribution, so accurate and effortless... Courtois would whip half of those balls out of bounds. Not only that but he's a great shot stopper too. 7 year contract how lucky are we :P 

Save-1.gif.444e6809f9e9b49b1c826e2b908bd848.gif

manpe, Johnnyeye and BluesMadLad like this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Save-1.gif.444e6809f9e9b49b1c826e2b908bd848.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but think Courtois only saved ONE penalty when he was here. :rant:

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

The fact he's come here on a record breaking fee for a keeper and the media, pundits and opposition fans are leaving him alone is the biggest compliment he can get.

The narratives wrote themselves for the anti Chelsea brigade, if he was even as much as needing adaption time they would have banged on about how he's a downgrade on Courtois (like they done with Baka/Matic even when the former was playing allright) while constantly citing Alisson as how to spend big money on a keeper properly.

But on the other hand, maybe he should have gotten some attention for the way he has adjusted to life in England. Guess that's the downside for not challenging for the major honours.

1 hour ago, mccg said:

Penalty shootout hero Kepa Arrizabalaga celebrates win over Spurs with first English language interview

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/1/25/18197046/penalty-shootout-hero-kepa-arrizabalaga-win-over-spurs-with-first-english-language-interview

Saw the interview on the app earlier and his English is pretty smooth. Has he been hiding that skill all this time? :P 

mccg likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

But on the other hand, maybe he should have gotten some attention for the way he has adjusted to life in England. Guess that's the downside for not challenging for the major honours.

It's the downside of playing for Chelsea rather.