test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

312 posts in this topic

Kepa v De Gea 🧤

Clean sheets: 4 | 1 
Save percentage: 78.26% | 64.1% 
Pass accuracy: 81.09% | 55.33%

Vesper likes this

I feel bad for him, it seems every goal we have conceded has been unstoppable except the Arsenal one I guess. 

5 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

I feel bad for him, it seems every goal we have conceded has been unstoppable except the Arsenal one I guess. 

Maybe it's just me but feel like Kepa could have come and claimed the free kick BATE converted on Thursday. As @Tomopointed out before, commanding the box in set piece situations is the one thing he doesn't have over Courtois. 

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe it's just me but feel like Kepa could have come and claimed the free kick BATE converted on Thursday. As @Tomopointed out before, commanding the box in set piece situations is the one thing he doesn't have over Courtois. 

Id be more concerned about using zonal marking to be fair. Never been a fan.

Vesper likes this

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Id be more concerned about using zonal marking to be fair. Never been a fan.

The zonal marking may be more concerning but it would certainly our cause in set piece situations if Kepa commands the box and claims the ball, whenever possible. Not that it has been a big issue but yeah...

13 hours ago, Jason said:

The zonal marking may be more concerning but it would certainly our cause in set piece situations if Kepa commands the box and claims the ball, whenever possible. Not that it has been a big issue but yeah...

Perhaps but again I don't think it was a clear opportunity for him to go for the ball. Was a poor goal to concede though, which is why I'm not sure if zonal marking is the long term solution, teams with runners from set pieces attacking the ball will always have the advantage on standing players.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, Jason said:

Tibo did that because he was taller. Watch yesterday, the couple of times he tried claiming the ball at set pieces he ran into traffic and looked a bit shaky because he doesnt tower over everyone like Tibo who was 6ft5 I believe. 

29 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

That was brilliant keeper play. Watched him do similar feats at Athletic Bilbao for several years. Btw, Bilbao have never been relegated, ever. They are now in serious danger of it.

kellzfresh likes this

On 29/10/2018 at 6:50 PM, Vybzkartel said:

Tibo did that because he was taller. Watch yesterday, the couple of times he tried claiming the ball at set pieces he ran into traffic and looked a bit shaky because he doesnt tower over everyone like Tibo who was 6ft5 I believe. 

Big Nose was 1.99m. 6 feet 6 and a third inches. Same same as my shortest brother.