test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

1. Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

303 posts in this topic

Also, the save against Mané is a save that if De Gea made it there would be hundreds of news articles about how he is the best in the world with that save showing it...

Great passes as well bar one pass that went out!

Johnnyeye and the wes like this

10 hours ago, Robguima said:

He did have an impressive game. At the same time a taller gk, like tibo, migh have stopped the equalizer.

Well he’s our gk now with strengths and weaknesses.

On the other hand, had Courtois still been our keeper, he would have probably tripped Salah and gotten a red card in that Rudiger off-the-line clearance incident (Courtois always has a random knack of making a rash decision and getting sent off). OR remember that near post by Kepa at West Ham? Courtois would have easily conceded that!

Johnnyeye and Robguima like this

Starting to be called upon more in matches of late (which probably isn't a good things) but at the same time, he's starting to show what he's capable of. Two good saves to prevent an embarrassing result against Videoton!

kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

I like the lad alot so far.

Quality wise, Tibo was good, but there was always something in air not right about him, you could never imagine him being a legend here tbh. 

Early days for Kepa, but he definately has a potential to become our legend in the future. He has proper character and I love that about the players.

24 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I like the lad alot so far.

Quality wise, Tibo was good, but there was always something in air not right about him, you could never imagine him being a legend here tbh. 

Early days for Kepa, but he definately has a potential to become our legend in the future. He has proper character and I love that about the players.

Speaking about character, I would question whether Kepa is strong enough to command the players when needed in matches. It's still early days for him with the team and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but he had that mix-up moment with Christensen in the first half against Videoton and there was barely any reaction from him (or Christensen). Not saying he (or both) should have started shouting like a mad man but there didn't seem to be any communication to make sure things like that do not happen again. 

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Speaking about character, I would question whether Kepa is strong enough to command the players when needed in matches. It's still early days for him with the team and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but he had that mix-up moment with Christensen in the first half against Videoton and there was barely any reaction from him (or Christensen). Not saying he (or both) should have started shouting like a mad man but there didn't seem to be any communication to make sure things like that do not happen again. 

IMO its just his development. He has been here for few months and is still a kid himself. Im sure he will get better with time. For now I totaly understand he wont be the most vocal person on field. But he is calm which is important. 

He came for record fee and tbh he is handling that tag brilliantly, I thought the pressure will get to him, but he was ice cold since that first interview when he signed. 

I just have good feeling about him. Coming from smaller club, the fee we paid for him, and that giant contract he was willing to sign give me alot of optimism he will stick here for the long run because he wants to and respects the lenghts the club went to sign him.

Thats completely opposite to Tibo, his success in Madrid and family had set him to return there one day, despite Chelsea giving everything to accomodate him. 

Tibo came (or say returned) here as a star while Kepa is star in the making and if we are the ones to develop him, he will be alot more loyal. Thats why its always better to sign players from good, but not best teams. Torres, Sheva, Morata,...they were already Pool, Milano, Madrid bound. There are rare situations when players coming from big teams overcome their former team and become fan favourites like Makelele or Ashley Cole.

Im sure Kepa will always have Bilbao in his heart, but he never had a connection to a big club before. Chelsea could be one and thats why I have good feeling about him, if he continues to improve as GK, Im certain he will end up as one of the Chelsea next generation greats :)

manpe and Johnnyeye like this

I really liked him too, he is showing great signs. But man oh man, I wish he could grow a beard or something...

Johnnyeye likes this

11 minutes ago, El P. said:

I really liked him too, he is showing great signs. But man oh man, I wish he could grow a beard or something...

It would impede with his aerodynamics, he should continue repping all non beard growing men. :D

Made good saves, distributed it well but his decision making from off the line needs to improve. The mix up with AC was a good example, he needs to command that situation, but apart from that he's been good since arriving.

1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

Further confirmation of Kepa's great talent. Also another stat display showing more of the ludicrously overrated Pickford's shortcomings. We dodged a massive bullet not signing him.