Kepa Arrizabalaga

Jase

If the Kepa and Courtois moves go through, the vast majority of top teams will have young high quality goalkeepers which could suggest there may not be huge movements in this market over the next few years. The only teams that really spring to mind are PSG and Bayern (depending how Neuer comes back from his injuries and even then they generally buy from within the Bundesliga).

46 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If the Kepa and Courtois moves go through, the vast majority of top teams will have young high quality goalkeepers which could suggest there may not be huge movements in this market over the next few years. The only teams that really spring to mind are PSG and Bayern (depending how Neuer comes back from his injuries and even then they generally buy from within the Bundesliga).

How old is Ulreich? Even if Neuer comes back worse, Ulreich did ok for them when he was injured.

24 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Welp, thought he was younger. Yeah, you're right. Bayern will be in the market then

They're more likely to hoover up the next sensation in the Bundesliga though.

PSG are the only ones who will be sniffing around a top keeper over the next year or two but hopefully getting Kepa signed up to a long term contract will tie this position down for the next few years without the need to worry.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Things will change. Quickly. New keepers will emerge, keepers will fade. 

5 hours ago, oldportblue said:

no they don't always cost a lot like alisson... but those goalkeepers (ederson, pickford, leno) aren't available anymore and the ones you listed before were either too old, subpar or unavailable.

To reiterate what I said, PSG said selling areola was out of the question... as to the rest of your suggestions: sommer (too old), Cillessen (subpar), Areola (unavailable), Keylor Navas (unavailable), Kevin Trapp (subpar)

So you still haven't come up with one 40M gk that would have been a better investment than Kepa

Cillessen and Areola are good keepers and if Real are considering giving Kovacic, why not Navas? 

You are missing the point however. A decent goalkeeper instead of a (potential) great one will not make a big difference to this team. After Neymar moved, goalkeepers like Leno, Perin (Juve) have moved. The Chelsea board has grossly misjudged the goalkeeper market this summer and are now paying the price with a panic buy. Questions need to be asked about it. 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Cillessen and Areola are good keepers and if Real are considering giving Kovacic, why not Navas? 

You are missing the point however. A decent goalkeeper instead of a (potential) great one will not make a big difference to this team. After Neymar moved, goalkeepers like Leno, Perin (Juve) have moved. The Chelsea board has grossly misjudged the goalkeeper market this summer and are now paying the price with a panic buy. Questions need to be asked about it. 

We absolutely need a goal keeper who is good with his feet and can hit a long pass. Did you see how much Cabellero fucked up our possession hitting miss hit passes in the charity shield and how efficient Bravos long balls to the wings were in beating our press?

Finding a good keeper with great distribution is not easy.

Happy days. So glad to be rid of Tibo. What a snake he is. I know people will buy into his whole “it’s for my kids” but I think that’s just to make him look better. Good riddance to an ungrateful sod. 

Know very little about this new keeper but he’s clearly highly thought of to nearly join Real. The most important of all, this seems like another Sarri signing. 👏👏👏

What if we are willing to pay so much cash because Hazard is leaving for Madrid, along with Courtois? 

What if we are cashing in on both of them and lining up Kepa and Fekir as replacements?

I mean, are we really willing to spend 71m on a goalkeeper without any side effect? 

2 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

What if we are willing to pay so much cash because Hazard is leaving for Madrid, along with Courtois? 

What if we are cashing in on both of them and lining up Kepa and Fekir as replacements?

I mean, are we really willing to spend 71m on a goalkeeper without any side effect? 

I think the side effect is getting Kovacic on loan.  Which means that we don't have to buy a midfielder, which means we have more funds for a keeper.

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

We're effectively only paying around £35m for Kepa with Courtois going for £35m.

9 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Fear not Hazard is going nowhere this week besides Huddersfield away on Saturday.