Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

7 hours ago, 1905didierblue said:

Exactly. So we are ridiculing baka for him a good season in serie a but willing to buy a bang average midfielder for 50mil€ whose last good season was in that same league and who for 4 years has looked totally out of his depth. 

Fans are just strange here. 😂

kovacic has tonnes of natural talent, bakayoko is a donkey. I'd rather persist with someone with the potential to be brilliant than utilise someone who is clearly garbage

1 hour ago, lucio said:

kovacic has tonnes of natural talent, bakayoko is a donkey. I'd rather persist with someone with the potential to be brilliant than utilise someone who is clearly garbage

In that case how are ben arfa and adel taraabt doing these days? They had "talent" too. Come on man, its been 4 years since he had a "decent" season. Not exceptional, just a decent season and people want us to spend 50mil euros on him? Seriously? Have we actually learned nothing from the baka, DD, morata fiascos. 

I cant wait for this month to end so that we can officially not buy this guy. Cant go through another couple of seasons of "he has talent", "he can dribble" etc etc that people go on and on here.

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

also, the pound is getting smashed v the euro this month

€50m the first week of May was only around £41.8m (at BtB internal straight wire FOREX rates), at the rate it is going it will soon cost over £45m

fucking Brexit, grrrrrrrrr (well, unless you are long v the euro/GBP cross, lololol)

If our treasury department was smart they locked that exchange rate in with a forward or at least filled their euro accounts. But even if not, i think volatility can work in our favour here cos the amount we have to pay is fixed but the time we have to pay it is not. I expect the pound to fall till a few weeks after brexit. At some point the BAnk of England will be forced to lower rates tho and the pound will appreciate.

5 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea will not take up the option to buy Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid. The 25-year-old is instead set for a return move to Inter Milan. (Mail)

what IF Sarri stays? (crazy U-Turn rumours abound)

IF Sarri stays we simply must buy him, as backup to Jorginho

Ampadu has injury issues every other month it seems and needs more playing time so should be loaned out

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

what IF Sarri stays? (crazy U-Turn rumours abound)

IF Sarri stays we simply must buy him, as backup to Jorginho

Ampadu has injury issues every other month it seems and needs more playing time so should be loaned out

Kovacic will sign for inter and sometime later Chelsea will manage to keep Sarri and start wondering why is Kovacic no longer available. 

On 13/06/2019 at 1:18 AM, the wes said:

Chelsea will not take up the option to buy Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic from Real Madrid. The 25-year-old is instead set for a return move to Inter Milan. (Mail)

Great so we are gonna keep Bakayoko. Fucking hell talk about a quality replacement...

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:
7 hours ago, Jason said:

I thought we had dodged that bullet. Hope Sarri continues the love affair at Juve.

Honestly I dont think Sarri needs much more midfielders at Juventus. Maybe a more offensive minded one (talk of Pogba) and thats it.

Miralem Pjanic is more than good enough to play the role Jorginho does, played that position under Allegri and will undoubtedly thrive under Sarri as he is one of the most complete midfield players out there having started out as a 10, before later playing as a 8 and now or less as a 6. Throw Rodrigo Bentancur, Sami Khedira, Blaise Matuidi, Emre Can and possibly even Paulo Dybala if he stays as a 10 if Sarri decides to use 4312.... why would he need Jorginho or Kovacic, who offers nothing better than any of those? The rumours are Sandro Tonalli is also a massive Juventus target. Hed maybe make sense, long term option for that number 6 role. 

Ironically, despite his inconsistent season, we should maybe consider signing Kovacic, hes not by any means spectacular but with a bit of work and the big thing for me which would be adding end product to his game, he would be a good option. Hes also able to play as a 6 8 or a 10. Just depends on the price, 55m euros maybe too much, 35-40m euros wouldnt be the end of the world in todays market. Seeing as we dont have many other choices with the transfer ban, he could be the only deal we make this summer... plus keeps Bakayoko away from the squad. I know though and understand why some people arent convinced as I aint entirely either.

Honestly I dont think Sarri needs much more midfielders at Juventus. Maybe a more offensive minded one (talk of Pogba) and thats it.
Miralem Pjanic is more than good enough to play the role Jorginho does, played that position under Allegri and will undoubtedly thrive under Sarri as he is one of the most complete midfield players out there having started out as a 10, before later playing as a 8 and now or less as a 6. Throw Rodrigo Bentancur, Sami Khedira, Blaise Matuidi, Emre Can and possibly even Paulo Dybala if he stays as a 10 if Sarri decides to use 4312.... why would he need Jorginho or Kovacic, who offers nothing better than any of those? The rumours are Sandro Tonalli is also a massive Juventus target. Hed maybe make sense, long term option for that number 6 role. 
Ironically, despite his inconsistent season, we should maybe consider signing Kovacic, hes not by any means spectacular but with a bit of work and the big thing for me which would be adding end product to his game, he would be a good option. Hes also able to play as a 6 8 or a 10. Just depends on the price, 55m euros maybe too much, 35-40m euros wouldnt be the end of the world in todays market. Seeing as we dont have many other choices with the transfer ban, he could be the only deal we make this summer... plus keeps Bakayoko away from the squad. I know though and understand why some people arent convinced as I aint entirely either.
€40m for someone that isn't going to get any better is nothing more than another short term signing.

If there is ever a time to give the entire squad a chance, it's now.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

€40m for someone that isn't going to get any better is nothing more than another short term signing.

If there is ever a time to give the entire squad a chance, it's now.

Perhaps but again, injury to Jorginho and what then? Or injury to Kante? Football is a squad game. It may not be popular but I cant see the likes of Drinkwater, van Ginkel, Bakayoko or Palasic being used next season and with Rubens injury we could already be short if Kova isnt at least considered if we continue with 433. Mount is more an advanced midfielder and wouldnt be suited to covering Kante or Jorginho. If your playing 433 ideally you need 5 MF players at least, with some of them capable of playing mulitple roles. If Mount comes back (seems likely) we will have him Ruben and Ross all vying for that advanced role and no adequate cover for Kante or Jorginho. 

Perhaps but again, injury to Jorginho and what then? Or injury to Kante? Football is a squad game. It may not be popular but I cant see the likes of van Ginkel, Bakayoko or Palasic being used next season. 
There's no reason why the latter can't get a chance amongst the current crop. Probably our best goal threat from midfield whilst RLC is out.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There's no reason why the latter can't get a chance amongst the current crop. Probably our best goal threat from midfield whilst RLC is out.

We will just have to see. If we dont sign Kovacic and have 3 more advanced MF players in the squad (Ross, Ruben & Mason), we will need to use somebody from the loan bunch who can cover for Kante and/or Jorginho. In my eyes covering Kante is probably more suited to a Bakayoko (yikes) and for someone to cover Jorginho, well fuck knows, sold Cesc didnt we.. Ampadu could maybe play DM but hes been linked with Villa on loan.

We will just have to see. If we dont sign Kovacic and have 3 more advanced MF players in the squad (Ross, Ruben & Mason), we will need to use somebody from the loan bunch who can cover for Kante and/or Jorginho. In my eyes covering Kante is probably more suited to a Bakayoko (yikes) and for someone to cover Jorginho, well fuck knows, sold Cesc didnt we.. Ampadu could maybe play DM but hes been linked with Villa on loan.
The amount of question marks around a club that can't sign anyone new is unreal.