test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

17. Mateo Kovacic

Started by Jason,

278 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, mccg said:

Yeah i hope Morata & co get some of his stuff! Lets hope this loan is a super success and he wants to stay nxt season! Bleed blue ktbffh

Looks evil in that pic but looks very friendly with his Mrs

Is he getting Bats number 23?

Cant see us bringing cf in now(looks like Morata-Giroud-Batman-Tammy with maybe 1 leaving?) , i'm hoping a young talented winger to come in ,doubt it tho!

There are rumors about Bats going out on loan again. Tammy, Morata aren’t good enough and Giroud is a backup option, shouldn’t be the main man.

But most importantly, none of our current CFs can score more or equal 20 PL goals a season.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Looks evil in that pic but looks very friendly with his Mrs

Is he getting Bats number 23?

Surley Bats will hang around with sarri 4 a while ? Mmm i'm sure he is happy enough with his mrs mmm wonder why lol

Supermonkey92 likes this

5 minutes ago, El P. said:

Does anyone know why Juventus didn't buy Morata after his loan from Real ended? They didn't like him that much, or Real didn't want to sell then?

Morata didn't join Juve on loan. Juve bought him but Real sold him with a buy-back clause, which they activated when he went back to Real. Juventus actually wanted him to stay.

El P. likes this

1 minute ago, mccg said:

Surley Bats will hang around with sarri 4 a while ? Mmm i'm sure he is happy enough with his mrs mmm wonder why lol

Thought his can had picked him up to get the plain to Valencia??

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

There are rumors about Bats going out on loan again. Tammy, Morata aren’t good enough and Giroud is a backup option, shouldn’t be the main man.

But most importantly, none of our current CFs can score more or equal 20 PL goals a season.

Im hoping under Sarri's style the strikers will get more chances , and even Morata barring injuries may get 20 goals , heres hoping yikes 

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

Morata didn't join Juve on loan. Juve bought him but Real sold him with a buy-back clause, which they activated when he went back to Real. Juventus actually wanted him to stay.

So they'll rather bring the player back, even if there is no place for him in the team. Great. :D

1 minute ago, El P. said:

So they'll rather bring the player back, even if there is no place for him in the team. Great. :D

Well they sold him to us for more than twice of what they had to pay to get him back, so you can hardly blame them...

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Thought his can had picked him up to get the plain to Valencia??

mmm note sure about the Valencia deal , tho Batman has been very quiet on social media which is strange for him?!

Im hoping under Sarri's style the strikers will get more chances , and even Morata barring injuries may get 20 goals , heres hoping yikes 

Nope. Morata’s useless even if he gets a number of chances.

We need a new CF.
Unionjack and Blusan Alamb like this

11 minutes ago, El P. said:

Real only had one striker so the move to bring him back made sense. Also from a financial standpoint. Think they sold him for €20m to Juve, brought him back for 30m and eventually sold him for 60+ mil, so yeah. They knew he was worth something.

As for Kovacic, very talented but unproven. I can only hope he hits the ground running because there's no time to adapt with this deal. I am looking forward to the prospect of this new midfield though. Games in 18/19 shouldn't be as painfully dull as they were in 17/18 .

Clockwork likes this

7 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Well they sold him to us for more than twice of what they had to pay to get him back, so you can hardly blame them...

But they didn't know at that time that they will get that money. But I don't know really, I have a feeling Morata didn't want to return to Real and they still brought him back.

Ideal world - Kovacic kills it in his year here while a new flavor of the month CM emerges for Real Madrid to go after. We can then hopefully convince them to sell him to us permanently while funding the move for whichever Galactico they're after.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

He asked Modric for advice about Spuds - and he came to us!!

Pride of London!! FTW!

he asked modric if he was going to inter milan so he came to chelsea :D

Blusan Alamb likes this

I'm not too happy about this transfer if there is no option to buy in the deal. If he does well, then Real will take him from us. If he does bad, then why not give Loftus-Cheek  and Bakayoko a chance? You may not like Bakayoko, but at least he is our player...

36 minutes ago, termninja said:

I'm not too happy about this transfer if there is no option to buy in the deal. If he does well, then Real will take him from us. If he does bad, then why not give Loftus-Cheek  and Bakayoko a chance? You may not like Bakayoko, but at least he is our player...

Would you rather have someone who will definitely help us try to get back into the champions league then potentially leave us in a better position(he very well might stay) or use "our player" who has shown he hasnt adapted to this style of play & who the coach doesnt trust. I personally think its short sighted to be so concerned with it being a loan. We are better today with Mateo Kovacic than we were yesterday with Bakayoko. Loftus-Cheek will get his chances with a full slate of games. 

11Drogba and Unionjack like this