Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

26 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

My prediction of how good Asensio can be can only be proved over time. Just like how I saw mbappe's talent, Asensio may not be on that level but he's going to be a great player imo. We'll see his progression in the next few years...

If you had 2 options next year from Real (this assumes a lot, in that Hazard needs to refuse to renew, and that Real would do this swap, which they wont, lol)

would you take

1 Verane and Isco for Hazard

2 Verane and Asensio for Hazard

I would do either and toss in Luiz or Fabregas plus cash too (if needed) for makeweight

Hell, make it 2 for 2 and add Wilian plus Hazard for Verane plus either Isco or Asensio 

I will leave Kovacic out, and make that a straight buy

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

If you had 2 options next year from Real (this assumes a lot, in that Hazard needs to refuse to renew, and that Real would do this swap, which they wont, lol)

would you take

1 Verane and Isco for Hazard

2 Verane and Asensio for Hazard

I would do either and toss in Luiz or Fabregas plus cash too (if needed) for makeweight

Hell, make it 2 for 2 and add Wilian plus Hazard for Verane plus either Isco or Asensio 

I'll take Asensio over Isco without blinking. He's faster than Isco both physically and in decision making. 

20 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I'll take Asensio over Isco without blinking. He's faster than Isco both physically and in decision making. 

He also is a direct replacement for Hazard at LW. I tend to agree. The main problem with my scenario is Verane. RM will never sell or swap him until he is over 30yo. Maybe if Mbappe was involved.

He might not have done anything flashy the other day but believe me, he done his job very well. Just sit back and ponder the thought of Bakayoko in his position the other day vs Newcastle. He would have probably given Newcastle at least 10 opportunities to counter us. Kovacic kept his range perfectly to keep the ball rolling and to pounce when we lost the ball to regain ball retention. He is going to be a big, big player for us this season. Having Kante and Kovacic next to Jorginho leaves me feeling less nervous when Jorginho loses the ball because we have the legs to regain possession. Notice how Fabregas hasn't featured yet and I really doubt he will in the PL. Think we will use Cesc in the slower paced European games on a Thursday night thus allowing for Kovacic and Kante/Jorginho to recover. It's too early for me to judge Barkley. I truly feel there is a player in Barkley but it is definitely too early to Judge. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

It's happening!

A huge piece to the puzzle is Dani Ceballos. If he continues to shoot upwards like he has the last year or so (he is now getting regular callups to the Spanish national team) Real will be far more like to let us buy Kovacic.

Dani Ceballos to break through for Real Madrid

https://therealchamps.com/2018/09/20/the-reckoning-of-ceballos/

How Real Madrid's 'forgotten man' Ceballos became the Bernabeu's new star

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/how-real-madrids-forgotten-man-ceballos-became-the-bernabeus-new-/iwwrrohg5p9t1n245z9ytysxb

Dani Ceballos’ form adds to Julen Lopetegui’s enviable midfield headache at Real Madrid

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/dani-ceballos-form-julen-lopetegui-midfield-real-madrid-modric-casemiro-kroos-isco-post-zidane/

I also think they sell Modric and make a real run at one or two of the following

in no order, and these are different types of players, I cannot read Julen Lopetegui's mind to that level

red means most likely

this is also a great list of pretty much every remotely available MF (some are super tough pulls) out there atm who could, now, play at a top 8 to top 10 club

Christian Eriksen (he is the closest to a direct replacement for Modric,along with):

Miralem Pjanic (zero chance they can get another one, and my 2nd best CMF rate in the world, after Kroos, Saúl Ñíguez)

also

Dele Alli

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Paul Pogba

N'Golo Kanté (eeeek!)

Marco Verratti

Thiago

Adrien Rabiot (I think he goes to Shitty in January though, or in the summer on a free)

Donny van de Beek superb young Ajax 21yo CMF

Frenkie de Jong even better 21yo Ajax midfielder, massive bidding war soon, I would love to get him if we lose Kovacic

Rúben Neves (another Shitty target, probably Peps number one MF want, he is fucking special, IF we lose Kova, i would LOVE to see us scupper City yet again)

Corentin Tolisso

Bryan Cristante  superb young Italian 23yo CMF, only Verratti is a better Italian CMF, and I can see Cristante maybe passing him, he is much much taller as well, and has a way better temper and judgement (Verratti is cray cray at times)

Nabil Fekir

Leon Goretzka (almost impossible to prise away from Bayern)

Kai Havertz (noooo! I so want him on Chelsea, he is amazing and only 19)

Piotr Zielinski

Carlos Soler

Julian Weigl (another Shitty target)

Lorenzo Pellegrini

Santiago Ascacíbar (21yo Argentine, exploding in the Bundesliga as deep holding DMF type)

Pablo Fornals

Nicolò Barella

Jean-Philippe Gbamin (another Shitty target, lol)

Denis Zakaria

Talisca (stranger things have happened, another (along with Kai Havertz) of my AMF targets after we bungled up Golovin deal (Havertz is going to be far better I think than either)

Youri Tielemans

Roberto Gagliardini 

Leandro Paredes (yet another Shitty target, another deep holding playmaker who is off the horizon as he plays in Russia atm for Zenit, (by far the best player in their league)

Amadou Diawara

Diadie Samassékou  

Amadou Haidara

Andrija Zivkovic

Lucas Paquetá (going to fight it out with barca for him I think, 21yo Brasilian AMF, a potential superstar

Houssem Aouar

Tanguy Ndombélé

Amine Harit

Rodrigo Bentancur

Bruno Fernandes

Aleksandr Golovin (in 2 years maybe, if he does great at Monaco)

For us, Chelsea

my favourites personally are (in order by position plus Kovacic needs to be purchased perm and SMS is a total pipe dream and not included)

in bold are overall true favourites

AMF Kai Havertz

AMF Talisca

AMF Aleksandr Golovin (I still rate the fucker, lol, sorry, i really do)

CMF/AMF Kovacic

CMF/AMF Amadou Haidara

CMF/AMF Piotr Zielinski (fucking the poison dwarf will never sell him to us)

CMF Frenkie de Jong

CMF Bryan Cristante  

CMF Roberto Gagliardini

DH playmaking DMF Rúben Neves

DH playmaking DMF  Rodri (Busquets in the making, impossible pull atm)

DH playmaking DMF Leandro Paredes

DMF Diadie Samassékou

DMF Denis Zakaria

DMF Jean-Philippe Gbamin 

that would yield us an overall MF (after sales, and bear in mind we have 8 MF's on the books atm)

of 

these 6 :

AMF  Kai Havertz (Barkley maybe stays, dunno, I DO really like him, but rotating 7 is a bish)

CMF/AMF Kovacic

CMF Frenkie de Jong (or if not him, Bryan Cristante, IF we lose Kovacic, get them BOTH)

Box to Box Hybrid Destroyer/AMF  Kante (I have no idea what to call him, Sarri invented a new role never seen, I just call him a fucking BADASS)

DH playmaking DMF Jorginho

DH playmaking DMF Rúben Neves

THE best MF in the world (unless Real add SMS and say Eriksen) and probably still is even then

same if Barca added Pogba , BUT Alli and Pogba both, that would push it to them  perhaps

its all pipe dreams in reality, but surely SOME must be at least attempted to be purchased, lol, PLUS sell all the deadweight!!

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

A huge piece to the puzzle is Dani Ceballos. If he continues to shoot upwards like he has the last year or so (he is now getting regular callups to the Spanish national team) Real will be far more like to let us buy Kovacic.

Am always open 2o upgrades anywhere but right now I am well chuffed with our MF

2 most important things MF wise is sign Mat K and chop down the deadwood so we can see whats going on

Think its important Sarris susses out just what/where/when young Ethan will/can play.
Jorgis got the DPM nailed down so it would mean sub.

DL of course would be the logical step but what do we do with Andreas?

Ethan IMVHO (dont hit me Mz Vesper) is my choice. IF Andreas was better in the offence then it would be a harder choice. But I think young Ampadu has it for me.

We just have to convince Sarri that Luiz is a brainfart in waiting.

Unless of course we bring in a new CB which of course we have hammered out. lol

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Am always open 2o upgrades anywhere but right now I am well chuffed with our MF

2 most important things MF wise is sign Mat K and chop down the deadwood so we can see whats going on

Think its important Sarris susses out just what/where/when young Ethan will/can play.
Jorgis got the DPM nailed down so it would mean sub.

DL of course would be the logical step but what do we do with Andreas?

Ethan IMVHO (dont hit me Mz Vesper) is my choice. IF Andreas was better in the offence then it would be a harder choice. But I think young Ampadu has it for me.

We just have to convince Sarri that Luiz is a brainfart in waiting.

Unless of course we bring in a new CB which of course we have hammered out. lol

Oh, I can see Ampadu becoming better than AC. No issues there. I have never seen a 16/17 yo with his level of defensive play. Both he and AC can also play at MF as well. I just want Luiz out.

If he is sold (Cahill is also gone for sure) we still absolutely need to buy 2 other CBs. We cant roll thru 55 games with only 3. That's suicidal, lol. Well, Azpi can play CB, so technically 4. But that means its all or nothing with Zappacosta at RB.

That is why I am am so fixated on Pavard. 2 birds, one stone.