test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

17. Mateo Kovacic

Started by Jason,

639 posts in this topic
21 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hope we get rid of him asap. Complelely overrated player, contributes nothing apart from a few nice skills and ok defensive effort

that quite likely will happen whether we want him or not

he has been played out of position all year, so cannot really mash up on him

but for our team in the Sarriball 4 3 3, we can do better

I don't understand Kovacic at all. How a player with such excellent technical quality can play football so safe. His passing are meaningless and he does not dribble enough. Being on the bench for so long for Madrid has ruined him. 

kellzfresh likes this

Just now, communicate said:

I don't understand Kovacic at all. How a player with such excellent technical quality can play football so safe. His passing are meaningless and he does not dribble enough. Being on the bench for so long for Madrid has ruined him. 

Hes had it coached out of him at Inter I feel. They started playing him deeper when he went and not further up where he played in Croatia and for the NT. I dont think hes elevated his game since going to Madrid or being here either which is a shame because he has huge talent which should clearly be noticable in his performances. I accepted he wasnt going to score goals when we signed him but thought his technical attributes and footballing intelligence would more than make up for that. He is good at carrying the ball but that needs to be turned into something productive such as, can he get key passes and assists after that? Or even better, can he score after that? 

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

He has all the technical ability and pace but he doesn't understand the game at all. His movement and general awareness on the pitch are terrible. Without those qualities he'll never be able to impose himself and influence a football match.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hes had it coached out of him at Inter I feel. They started playing him deeper when he went and not further up where he played in Croatia and for the NT. I dont think hes elevated his game since going to Madrid or being here either which is a shame because he has huge talent which should clearly be noticable in his performances. I accepted he wasnt going to score goals when we signed him but thought his technical attributes and footballing intelligence would more than make up for that. He is good at carrying the ball but that needs to be turned into something productive such as, can he get key passes and assists after that? Or even better, can he score after that? 

He can dribble and you can see his quality but his passing is really2 meaningless. I said that one pass to Hazard clearly sum up everything. Instead of trying to shoot and if the defender commit, pass to Hazard he pass to Hazard straight away. It was over hit but it was the wrong play. 

He really is more like Matic, minus the height. 

Can't rely on him to produce anything up front, but can press and tackle.

At this point I consider him as just back up for Jorginho's position, nothing more. He doesn't offer anything in any of the other positions on the pitch.

ivanman and Johnnyeye like this

Despite all the talk about Jorginho, I think Kovacic is the most useless player of the current squad.

kellzfresh likes this

19 hours ago, Henrique said:

Despite all the talk about Jorginho, I think Kovacic is the most useless player of the current squad.

After

Drinkwater

Alonso

Cahill

Zappacosta

he is next most useless

(Marco van Ginkel doesn't count as only his terrible injury kept him from being sold to PSV  last summer, which should happen this summer, hopefully)

15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Spurs given transfer boost as Real Madrid star's relationship with Zidane 'almost non-existent'

It looks set to be a busy summer at Real Madrid following Zinedine Zidane's appointment as manager

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/kovacic-spurs-transfer-latest-zidane-15963399

I rate Inter to sign Kovacic

We would have completely different perspective on him if he was used in his primary position. As replacement for Kante and Jorginho I'm fine with him.  He should never play in most advanced midfield position. 

Vesper likes this

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Crazy how much we got angry it was only a loan and now I can't wait until he goes back to Real.

29 minutes ago, Nicco said:

Crazy how much we got angry it was only a loan and now I can't wait until he goes back to Real.

lol just sounds that even the fan don't know much and they blame the board when they make mistakes as well. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

lol just sounds that even the fan don't know much and they blame the board when they make mistakes as well. 

In the right system Kovacic could flourish, but the old smoker plays him in an AMF role, where he sucks.

Superblue_1986 and Clockwork like this

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

In the right system Kovacic could flourish, but the old smoker plays him in an AMF role, where he sucks.

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, him and Kante as a 2 I think would be excellent.

Vesper likes this

8 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

In a 4-2-3-1 formation, him and Kante as a 2 I think would be excellent.

I worry if he goes to Spurs, he would be an ideal replacement for Dembele who he's in a similar mould to (ie world class right up until the final move).

Superblue_1986 likes this

Spurs couldn't afford him. 

Let him and Jorginho rotate for that holding midfielder role.