Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

1 minute ago, El P. said:

So they'll rather bring the player back, even if there is no place for him in the team. Great. :D

Well they sold him to us for more than twice of what they had to pay to get him back, so you can hardly blame them...

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Thought his can had picked him up to get the plain to Valencia??

mmm note sure about the Valencia deal , tho Batman has been very quiet on social media which is strange for him?!

11 minutes ago, El P. said:

So they'll rather bring the player back, even if there is no place for him in the team. Great. :D

Real only had one striker so the move to bring him back made sense. Also from a financial standpoint. Think they sold him for €20m to Juve, brought him back for 30m and eventually sold him for 60+ mil, so yeah. They knew he was worth something.

As for Kovacic, very talented but unproven. I can only hope he hits the ground running because there's no time to adapt with this deal. I am looking forward to the prospect of this new midfield though. Games in 18/19 shouldn't be as painfully dull as they were in 17/18 .

7 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Well they sold him to us for more than twice of what they had to pay to get him back, so you can hardly blame them...

But they didn't know at that time that they will get that money. But I don't know really, I have a feeling Morata didn't want to return to Real and they still brought him back.

Ideal world - Kovacic kills it in his year here while a new flavor of the month CM emerges for Real Madrid to go after. We can then hopefully convince them to sell him to us permanently while funding the move for whichever Galactico they're after.

I'm not too happy about this transfer if there is no option to buy in the deal. If he does well, then Real will take him from us. If he does bad, then why not give Loftus-Cheek  and Bakayoko a chance? You may not like Bakayoko, but at least he is our player...

36 minutes ago, termninja said:

I'm not too happy about this transfer if there is no option to buy in the deal. If he does well, then Real will take him from us. If he does bad, then why not give Loftus-Cheek  and Bakayoko a chance? You may not like Bakayoko, but at least he is our player...

Would you rather have someone who will definitely help us try to get back into the champions league then potentially leave us in a better position(he very well might stay) or use "our player" who has shown he hasnt adapted to this style of play & who the coach doesnt trust. I personally think its short sighted to be so concerned with it being a loan. We are better today with Mateo Kovacic than we were yesterday with Bakayoko. Loftus-Cheek will get his chances with a full slate of games. 

36 minutes ago, termninja said:

Because he is better than all of our options. Simple as.

I'm sure after a season he will want to stay with us and we know how that works.

I would also want us to get Talisca in the winter window.

4 hours ago, Mana said:

Nope. Morata’s useless even if he gets a number of chances.

We need a new CF.

well he got 11 last year , so if he stays fit get his mojo back i don't think its beyond him...i'm being optomistic  ffs the season hasn't started you have to?!

1 hour ago, DDA said:

You would prefer to play Bakayoko over Kovacic because he is offically our players for keeps ?

Get real.

Bakayoko is an embarrassment to Chelsea football club.

I understand the fact that Madrid still own him leaves a bitter taste on our mouths but Baka-fucking-yoko?? I never want to see that fraud in a Chelsea shirt ever again.

I would prefer us to play RLC, an England international, our academy product and actually a promising player. We have invested millions in developing youth and then we bring a young player from Real Madrid on loan to train him for them. Then next season, we lose RLC (obviously he can't wait half his life to get a chance here) and Kovacic, leaving us with Bakayoko and Drinkwater only, and look we must spend ton of money again on midfield.

4 minutes ago, termninja said:

I would prefer us to play RLC, an England international, our academy product and actually a promising player. We have invested millions in developing youth and then we bring a young player from Real Madrid on loan to train him for them. Then next season, we lose RLC (obviously he can't wait half his life to get a chance here) and Kovacic, leaving us with Bakayoko and Drinkwater only, and look we must spend ton of money again on midfield.

I want RLC to succeed and I think the signing of Kovacic for a year will not stunt his growth at all. There are a lot of games in the season and we needed quality of depth badly. We now have that in midfield. This makes us stronger. Bakayoko made us weaker.