test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

17. Mateo Kovacic

Started by Jason,

438 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

We must retain him. Absolute quality.

Jorginho and Kovacic are two of the most intuitive MF'ers we have had in the last decade. Absolute class.

Dazzy_Vance likes this

4 hours ago, Tautvix said:

Thankfully we only have Kovacic on loan. He's just seriously overrated.

Who would you replace him with?

4 hours ago, Tautvix said:

Thankfully we only have Kovacic on loan. He's just seriously overrated.

I can agree with that if some consider him a match winner, which he is not IMO.

However, I think the issue is that he is too similar to jorginho, and the two plus Kante makes just too much of the same thing. That's the reason Ross often improves the team when he comes on, with his directness.

Johnnyeye likes this

Does not bring anything. Way below Barkley. If you ask me, he can go back to Spain as from January.

Kovacic is a great player! I hope he stays beyond this season as well! Class act on and off the pitch.

Knee jerk reactions on here after a game where the team was below average. Kova is not a goal scorer, and we knew that from the beginning. However, he is a terrific dribbler that can get the ball in midfield and carry it forward with speed past 1-3 players. He has great technical qualities and can pass the ball well. He also seems to never lose the ball. At least not because of a great error of his part. That is the only similarity I see with him and Jorginho in playing style (does not lose the ball nearly at all).

Only complaint is that he sometimes jumps into sliding tackles when there is a risk that he might foul the player seriously. I think he made a tackle like this against Everton where if he had hit the player, he would probably have gotten a red.

Vesper likes this

8 hours ago, DDA said:

I honestly thought the bad criticism of Kovacic was sincere sarcasm. Weird is an understatement.

heh I don't think it's criticism on kovacic directly - one must be blind not to see he's a very good player.

The issue is regarding the team setup and the fact we have zero goals coming from our 3 CMs. Heh David Luiz is more likely to score, or even assist with a long ball, than any of them.

Johnnyeye likes this

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Does. Not. Bring. ANYTHING.

Your football knowledge is severely lacking.

Massively so. For some it is only about goals goals goals. They would probably trade Toni Kroos for Bas Dost cuz Kroos only scores 3 goals a year on average from Real over the last 5, 6 years, lolol

manpe likes this

He was injured for England game, I think its not serious.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Still like him a lot; just not very offensive to what we require in midfield with Jorginho and Kante. It can potentially be solved if we had a much stronger front 3, and FBs that contributed much more to our attack.