test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Huddersfield 0-3 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   35 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

398 posts in this topic
17 hours ago, Bosnian Blue said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but for me the kid Ampadu is our best centre-back at the moment. Obviously he wont play, but just because hes 17 and not 24 for example. 

Similar goes for Odoi who was by far the best player in pre-season.

I'll be angry with Sarri if he does not play these players. It's against Huddersfield, and these players need PL experience in order for them to grow.

Klopp would risk this (Alexander-Arnold), so I don't see why Sarri wouldn't risk it. We have nothing to lose at this point.

jernej93 likes this

2 hours ago, Mana said:

Klopp would risk this (Alexander-Arnold), so I don't see why Sarri wouldn't risk it.

Because Klopp has had his system up and running 3 years now. Hes had time to fill his team with the players he thinks will suit him.

Sarri has had just over 3 weeks!

Duppy Conqueror likes this

Because Klopp has had his system up and running 3 years now. Hes had time to fill his team with the players he thinks will suit him.
Sarri has had just over 3 weeks!

Take the risk. CHO shouldn’t be benched or tossed aside because of his age.

Sarri is already taking a massive risk with Morata, so might as well with CHO.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Ive already said my starting line would be CHO  PEDRO  EDEN.

Ive already said my starting line would be CHO  PEDRO  EDEN.

Lol, I’m not asking you - I’m asking Sarri!

I think we'll start with:

------------------Kepa-----------------

Azp------Rüdi-------Luiz--------Alonso

---------------Jorginho---------------

-----Kante----------------Cesc-------

Pedro---------Morata-----------CHO

With Hazard and Willian coming off the bench in the second half.

Sarri said something in a interview the other day that the best way for players to get fit is in matches. So I wouldn't be surprised if he picks his 1st 11

The more they play as 1 team the quicker they will gel.

I would prefer Ampadu to Luiz. We dont need him to get lost and or lose his mark as we have already seen happen

Just noticed a couple of things on the CFC site.

Ampadu is down as a MF

RLC is down as a Forward yet his picture is missing.

Bakayoko is still in there

18 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Pretty sure it’s a popular opinion just folks are too shy to express it.

Based on preseason matches I think Ampadu is more ready than Christensen. Rudiger & Ampadu would be my pick for the match.

Christensen is our best CB, he will nail one of the starting CB position sooner or later. 

Blue-in-me-Veins likes this

6 hours ago, Mana said:

It's not just his (young) age, which is certainly a consideration as it should be.

We just don't know how CHO will fare in the PL or are we comparing his performances in friendlies with Willian performances in the PL? (hardly a willian fan myself, but does not sound fair to me)

He's certainly a wonderful promise, but I'd be very surprised if this were his year to shine. You can literally count in one hand the players who could play an important role in professional football at the age of 17.

Just now, Robguima said:

It's not just his (young) age, which is certainly a consideration as it should be.

We just don't know how CHO will fare in the PL or are we comparing his performances in friendlies with Willian performances in the PL? (hardly a willian fan myself, but does not sound fair to me)

He's certainly a wonderful promise, but I'd be very surprised if this were his year to shine. You can literally count in one hand the players who could play an important role in professional football at the age of 17.

You're right, we don't know how well CHO will do in the PL. But how about we remove that uncertainly by actually playing him for a bit?

Look at Mbappe. I know Mbappe could be a one-off, but at least try. CHO came from an under Chelsea team that was winning things. 

As I said, this is Huddersfield. One of the perfect games CHO can get a run in. Let's see what he can do in the PL level and if we are in trouble, we can (sigh) sub him for Willian.

Unionjack likes this

Kepa

Azpi Rudi Luiz Emerson

Kante Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Morata Hudson-Odoi

Pretty sure it will be Alonso but it would be much better with Emerson

38 minutes ago, Mana said:

You're right, we don't know how well CHO will do in the PL. But how about we remove that uncertainly by actually playing him for a bit?

Look at Mbappe. I know Mbappe could be a one-off, but at least try. CHO came from an under Chelsea team that was winning things. 

As I said, this is Huddersfield. One of the perfect games CHO can get a run in. Let's see what he can do in the PL level and if we are in trouble, we can (sigh) sub him for Willian.

sure, I didn't say CHO shouldn't be involved at all, but starting games, esp away from home, can be pretty tough on yougsters. Would make a lot more sense for him to come in later on.

Mbappe is not a very good comparison imo. He's also a physical wonder at his age. He's just very powerful considering how skillful and nimble he is. As good as CHO is, don't think he's at that level.

We literally pay the likes of Willian to suffer through these tough away games. :) If the game becomes easier, or spaces open up that CHO can do something with, then perhaps Sarri will use him.

Kepa
Azpi Rudi Luiz Emerson
Kante Jorginho Barkley
Pedro Morata Hudson-Odoi

Pretty sure it will be Alonso but it would be much better with Emerson

I don't expect Kepa to start just yet and Alonso is a given right now.

I HAVE to be the lucky charm for us this year!!

I am half Swedish, half Bajan (Barbados)

Born a couple of miles from Stamford Bridge (the old Westminster Hospital, now the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital on Fulham Road)

look at my ethnicity's colours/flags and then our kits this year

7378125668_f90fa28057_b.jpg

szwecja-1.jpg798595_1.jpg

Image result for barbados flagImage result for barbados flag765480_1.jpg

Image result for chelsea away kits 2019chelsea-fc-2018-2019-nike-away-kit-4.jpgchelsea-fc-2018-2019-adidas-home-kit-7.j

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

Theres some of us keep bringing up that CHO is only 17, hes not tried in the PL etc etc.

But we just played a near full strength north London team and he treated Bellerin like a schoolgirl.

Believe me I understand those issues but this is our biggest chance to bring him on. We have whined and bitched about managers not using our academy. Baybe its got into our heads a bit too??

Whats the option, wait till we are 3 goals up in a game and bring him on for the last 10 mins?

Carpo Diem guys! Carpo Diem!!

Johnnyeye and Sideshow Luiz like this