• Barkley
    • Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

28 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I’ll be over the moon if Ampadu starts but unfortunately I just don’t think he will.

Who is WBM and Harry???

Wee Baldy Man and Kepa Arrizabala (Like Dave I shortened his name to 'Arri - Harry!) My Brainfart Obviously

I cant see why we couldn't play Ampadu. IMHO hes been better than Luiz, Defense wise for sure. Luiz is going to give us brainfarts and I don't think we need to give ourselves any more hassle than we need to.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough decision because the younger players are the ones showing better signs in the back 4, I think it will be Azpi, Luiz, Rudgier, Alonso starting but for me Luiz needs to be dropped, Alonso too but this is something we have to live with until January at least.

Against City it was a mess, but I think Sarri even said that it was a difficult game for the defenders, this was because our midfield wasn't in the game at all for most part, maybe now we have a more solid midfield, the problems will not be so obvious, we will soon see I guess.

Wee Baldy Man and Kepa Arrizabala (Like Dave I shortened his name to 'Arri - Harry!) My Brainfart Obviously

I cant see why we couldn't play Ampadu. IMHO hes been better than Luiz, Defense wise for sure. Luiz is going to give us brainfarts and I don't think we need to give ourselves any more hassle than we need to.

Wee baldy man....lol

I've never gone into a season more concerned. No reliable goalscorer again the same insane mistakes. If you can't score, you can't win games. Will be lucky to get top 4 this season. Hoping for some Sarri magic but it's not fair on him to expect to paint lemons golden.

I don't think Huddersfield had any players at the WC, so they will obviously be in far better physical shape than the players who just returned. Starting them so early is risky because they will fatigue quicker and that can also be an injury risk. Not to mention they aren't as up to speed with the tactics as the rest, so I think at this point it's best to use them in the 2nd half against tired opponents. CHO merits a start anyway imo, been the brightest player in every game. This game is too soon for Kepa and Kovacic to start too, the lads barely know where the loo is in Cobham.

Caballero

Azpi - Christensen - Rüdiger - Emerson

Fabregas - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Morata - CHO

Kante is crucial, man. Without him the midfield is too soft and lacks mobility. It's not ideal but he needs to play

Think Azpilicueta is Chelsea's solution to a calm and commanding presence in the centre of defence. His lack of height is of course an issue but I'd still play him there. And to be honest, he's very decent in the air. It's not like he's terrible in this area. Finding the right partner is tricky. Luiz and Rudiger compliment him better because their big, strong and good in the air but I just don't trust them. Christensen is the better defender imo so I'd pick him.

Alonso offers height and aerial prowess and experience, but he'll always be exposed because he's so slow and he's not a natural defender. Paulo Ferreira for example was anything but quick but he could defend. Playing on the left with Hazard or Callum in front of him makes it even worse as they both don't offer much protection. Emerson with his athleticism should cope better. 

Even though I do prefer Moses over Zappacosta, the latter is in better shape right now and offers more aerial prowess.

(That backline is an issue, regardless of who you play. But I prefer calm and clever players in the centre and athleticism on the flanks.)

Kepa and Kovacic just got here. Same goes for Hazard who just got back and is still rusty. No reason to rush the process.

Caballero

Zappacosta - Azpilicueta - Christensen - Emerson

Kante - Jorginho - Barkley

Pedro - Morata - Hudson-Odoi

Kepa; Rudiger, Alonso; Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek; Willian, Giroud

That's what I would go with but it's whatever, we'll see who'll play.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Silly season over.  What do people have as predictions?

I'm going for 0-0 or 1-1.  We're not there yet and we're not playing our best XI (highly doubt it).

I might be slightly hazry right now but even with us still breaking in the evolution and a misfireing striker I'm hoping the lads are going to be in the mood to make a point and I'll go with a 2-0 even tho we haven't scored more than 1 yet.

Its Huddersfield for fuck sake!

The lads training pics

PICTURES: Kovačić, Arrizabalaga join Chelsea training for first time

The hard work’s just beginning

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/8/10/17672876/pictures-kova-i-arrizabalaga-join-chelsea-training-for-first-time

This may be an unpopular opinion but for me the kid Ampadu is our best centre-back at the moment. Obviously he wont play, but just because hes 17 and not 24 for example. 
Similar goes for Odoi who was by far the best player in pre-season.

Pretty sure it’s a popular opinion just folks are too shy to express it.

Based on preseason matches I think Ampadu is more ready than Christensen. Rudiger & Ampadu would be my pick for the match.

4 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Silly season over.  What do people have as predictions?

I'm going for 0-0 or 1-1.  We're not there yet and we're not playing our best XI (highly doubt it).

0-1 but fuck knows who's going to score the goal, maybe an OG lol

I dont understand why Bats hasn't been kept on )taking it for granted his loans going thru)

Sarri must have watched some previous tapes or his staff have given him some idea about him.

A shame tho as he might have done good in this squad.

14 minutes ago, communicate said:

There is no way we can start with that midfield 3. Defensively we will suffer too much 

Perhaps, but it's Huddersfield, they finished 16th last season. But true there are no easy games here. Kante is not human anyway, could make an exception for him.