• Willian
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

Just now, Thor said:

Just my observations:

- Barkley looks lost. Holds onto the ball too long and often isn't looking the right way. Frustrating. 

- Pedro floats in and out. I wouldn't say he has been productive. 

- Found it interesting some of you complaining about the way Willian is playing. He is playing the ball vertically and taking men on. This is exactly what we need in the system. 

- Morata is doing all the right things, but we aren't creating. When he has gotten the ball played to him, he is using his wingers well. Good to see him not falling over. Great movement as always, and when Kepa has found him, they've actually created the start of some promising counter attacks. Think this will only get better with time given the end product isn't there yet. 

- Alonso looks terrible. Especially considering how narrow we are playing. He doesn't have the speed to allow himself to be that narrow. Not to mention he seems the one most inclined to hoof away the ball.

- I was one worried about Azpi and how he would fit into the team, yet surprisingly he is one of the more sturdy ones back there.

- Don't know what to make of Luiz. 

- Kepa has got skills. I'm a little nervy with him considering he is new and I want him to do well, but he has been fine in there. Moves really well. Few mess ups with his distribution, but not concerned.

- Kante and Jorgie have been great. Jorgie in particular you can see knows what he is doing and moves the ball quick. The other players need to get that in their head. Willian and Morata are the other two who seemed to have grasped this the best so far. 

The biggest concern for me is Barkley. I have very high hope of him. He had the ball in few good spots and most of them led to nothing. 

Morata I thought played very well. Alonso like you said look too slow but we all know that 

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with our pressing is that no one appears to know when to do so. As a consequence, maybe one player presses while others don't and the opponent easily passes through it. You MUST press as a unit in this system or you look foolish.

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Say what you want about Luiz defensively, but those passes he is pinging are perfect for this system. 

There are only a handful of CBs in world football who are capable of doing those passes