test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Kepa Arrizabalaga

Started by Jason,

268 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

How old is Ulreich? Even if Neuer comes back worse, Ulreich did ok for them when he was injured.

Ulreich is 30 mate 

BlueStorm1003 likes this

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Ulreich is 30 mate 

Welp, thought he was younger. Yeah, you're right. Bayern will be in the market then

24 minutes ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Welp, thought he was younger. Yeah, you're right. Bayern will be in the market then

They're more likely to hoover up the next sensation in the Bundesliga though.

PSG are the only ones who will be sniffing around a top keeper over the next year or two but hopefully getting Kepa signed up to a long term contract will tie this position down for the next few years without the need to worry.

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If the Kepa and Courtois moves go through, the vast majority of top teams will have young high quality goalkeepers which could suggest there may not be huge movements in this market over the next few years. The only teams that really spring to mind are PSG and Bayern (depending how Neuer comes back from his injuries and even then they generally buy from within the Bundesliga).

Things will change. Quickly. New keepers will emerge, keepers will fade. 

5 hours ago, oldportblue said:

no they don't always cost a lot like alisson... but those goalkeepers (ederson, pickford, leno) aren't available anymore and the ones you listed before were either too old, subpar or unavailable.

To reiterate what I said, PSG said selling areola was out of the question... as to the rest of your suggestions: sommer (too old), Cillessen (subpar), Areola (unavailable), Keylor Navas (unavailable), Kevin Trapp (subpar)

So you still haven't come up with one 40M gk that would have been a better investment than Kepa

Cillessen and Areola are good keepers and if Real are considering giving Kovacic, why not Navas? 

You are missing the point however. A decent goalkeeper instead of a (potential) great one will not make a big difference to this team. After Neymar moved, goalkeepers like Leno, Perin (Juve) have moved. The Chelsea board has grossly misjudged the goalkeeper market this summer and are now paying the price with a panic buy. Questions need to be asked about it. 

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Cillessen and Areola are good keepers and if Real are considering giving Kovacic, why not Navas? 

You are missing the point however. A decent goalkeeper instead of a (potential) great one will not make a big difference to this team. After Neymar moved, goalkeepers like Leno, Perin (Juve) have moved. The Chelsea board has grossly misjudged the goalkeeper market this summer and are now paying the price with a panic buy. Questions need to be asked about it. 

We absolutely need a goal keeper who is good with his feet and can hit a long pass. Did you see how much Cabellero fucked up our possession hitting miss hit passes in the charity shield and how efficient Bravos long balls to the wings were in beating our press?

Finding a good keeper with great distribution is not easy.

oldportblue likes this

Kepa's £71.6m release clause was apparently triggered at 9.22am Spanish time this morning. He is now on his way to London to sign for #CFC...

Dimitr likes this

What if we are willing to pay so much cash because Hazard is leaving for Madrid, along with Courtois? 

What if we are cashing in on both of them and lining up Kepa and Fekir as replacements?

I mean, are we really willing to spend 71m on a goalkeeper without any side effect? 

Supermonkey92 likes this

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

What if we are willing to pay so much cash because Hazard is leaving for Madrid, along with Courtois? 

What if we are cashing in on both of them and lining up Kepa and Fekir as replacements?

I mean, are we really willing to spend 71m on a goalkeeper without any side effect? 

We're effectively only paying around £35m for Kepa with Courtois going for £35m.

Fulham Broadway and Unionjack like this

9 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Fear not Hazard is going nowhere this week besides Huddersfield away on Saturday. 

Sideshow Luiz and Unionjack like this

Once we get those players, I think board will start with selling and loaning A LOT of players to make some money. Luckily we have enough time to do that, 3 whole weeks.

Fulham Broadway likes this

18 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Fear not Hazard is going nowhere this week besides Huddersfield away on Saturday. 

He may not go anywhere for this coming season, but until he signs a new contract, there'll always be a question mark on his head and we may face a similar drama next summer, especially when we finish 5th.

https://twitter.com/angelomangiante/status/1027122463480721408

Release clause has been paid this morning (at 9.22) from two #Kepa lawers to @LaLiga. The deal is done. From #AtleticBilbao to #Chelsea for €80m. The new #CFC goalkeeper (the more expensive paid in football history) will sign in the afternoon in London @SkySport #tranfers

Dimitr and Duppy Conqueror like this

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

He may not go anywhere for this coming season, but until he signs a new contract, there'll always be a question mark on his head and we may face a similar drama next summer, especially when we finish 5th.

Why not just enjoy the season with Eden while he’s still here? I completely agree that it’ll come up again next summer but that’s then. 

Unionjack, The Chels and RoyalBlues like this

8 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Why not just enjoy the season with Eden while he’s still here? I completely agree that it’ll come up again next summer but that’s then. 

After what happened with Courtois last season with his comments about Madrid and had more piss poor performances - it could happened too with Hazard. Whenever Hazard has a piss poor performance, I'll think because he wants to leave.

I'll not enjoy this season sadly because I'm sticking with my low expectations (not because of Hazard, different reasons). It's like watching an exciting TV show and the next coming season the plot has stalled with boring, terrible fillers.