• Cahill (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Green (sub)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Ampadu is quality at CB man. Definitely the best role for him. 

I think the centre back spots are well up for grabs this season and Ampadu deserves to be in the conversation.

I can see Luiz getting the nod initially, alongside Rudiger. But I see enough of Luiz's limitations at the back to believe that Christensen and Ampadu could well get ahead of him in the pecking order over the coming months.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

A PL club would be daft to take him. It’s so evident he needs a lot of work positionally, tactically and technically. Talk of Villa wanting him, championships a more realistic option.

anyway the game

I think at CB in a back 4 Christensen could do with a bit of work yet. Ampadu impressed me a lot despite making some mistakes purely because you can see he has the right mentality for a kid his age to make it at a club the size of Chelsea. Emerson’s pace alone makes him more valuable than Alonso in offensive positions. Bakayokos a goner. 

and physically too, which surprised me actually. Now I wonder whether Tammy wouldn't be better served by hitting the gym hard and only then getting a loan once he bulks up a bit.

Ampadu looks great but he's only 17, so not sure how much the club can count on him if any. Perhaps a PL loan is open to him given how well he plays, but he's so young that maybe he does not yet need it.

I don't disagree with what people say of Emerson (and Alonso) just not sure how important having an attacking left-back is in Sarri's system. The fact that we have Azpi on the right may actually push Emerson ahead of Alonso since Azpi is terrific in defense and only decent going forward. That's on Sarri and I'm happy he has these choices for fullback position.

There are other areas of far more concern than the fullback IMO.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

I think we have a pretty significant problem up top.

And yet we seem intent on spending £71m for a goalkeeper. Makes no sense to me. What can Kepa have that makes him worth £71m more than Marcin? OK, I understand that you pay the huge fee for that little bit of extra quality, the bit that elevates your squad above the pack, but we are clearly spending way more selectively these days than was once the case. In which case, I think we need to spend more wisely than this.

Lyon was the class of Everton or Southampton.
We therefore enjoyed possession and made some fast moves, the way Sarri wants, which looked pretty good.
But there was no one up front to score a goal and the defense made some curious mistakes.
We were going to score the winning goal in the second half but when Sarri changed nearly half the team the momentum was lost - even though two of the replacements were Eden and Giroud.
The only positive is Sarri's attack system. He wants the players to be very fast in deciding what to do with the ball, faster than with Conte system or Mou system. Ideally this breaks defenses and creates goal scoring chances.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

The section is back up now after correcting a few of its settings. 

Have you noticed sections New Members. Chelsea Gold and Staff Room have a greyed out lion crest on the left of each respectively, and cant be accessed that way ?

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Have you noticed sections New Members. Chelsea Gold and Staff Room have a greyed out lion crest on the left of each respectively, and cant be accessed that way ?

Dont you mods/admin have a section only you lot have admission to where you post site problems and stuff?

16 hours ago, Unionjack said:

No goals!!

This is going to be our problem unless someones brought in these last 2 days.

i think that sarri is starting to work from defensive phase. then he will focus on the attack (with higuain it would be an easier work to do, but morata can do a good job) 

12 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

And yet we seem intent on spending £71m for a goalkeeper. Makes no sense to me. What can Kepa have that makes him worth £71m more than Marcin? OK, I understand that you pay the huge fee for that little bit of extra quality, the bit that elevates your squad above the pack, but we are clearly spending way more selectively these days than was once the case. In which case, I think we need to spend more wisely than this.

Don’t see the issue. We need a good keeper. Kepa is 100 times more experienced than Bulka, let’s not kid on the guy had a decent pre season but he’s nowhere near ready. If not Kepa then who? Butland? Areola? Trapp? Realistically all are probably inferior keepers with nowhere near as much potential either. Bilbao don’t sell players due to the nature of their recruitment so weve had to pay the release clause. If the board had much more of an idea that’s Tibo didn’t want to stay we should of looked to get him in Jan but he rejected a 20m euros move to Real Madrid to sign a new deal. Sometimes if you really want something you’ve got to pay that bit more. We have issues upfront but just because we spent 71.5m on a GK doesn’t mean we couldn’t have got an attacker beforehand or even looked to after. 

10 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Huh? Isn't that just the feature to 'Mark The Forum As Read'? :carlo: Or are you talking about something else here?  :blush: