• Hazard (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Green (sub)

What the icc has shown us is that we are absolutely shit at scoring goals. Lets hope when regular season starts its makes click but what i dont see is why we are splashing out 80m for a goalie when we need someone to score goals

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eemanyooel said:

No Alonso please then...I hope for fuck sake

Emerson looked very good going forward and did OK defensively. Alonso played fewer minutes and looked off, like many of the other starters who joined late.

Defending is more important in this system (than with wingbacks) and Emerson had a couple of defensive horror shows last season.

Hyperboles aside, good options for sarri and very different ones at that. Not terribly concerned about the fullback positions since Zapacosta looks better this season.

Not terribly worried about the pre-season but is it concerning that we are not able to score in  regular time and most of our matches have gone into penalties?

Again wouldn't mind taking draws early on in the season too if Sarri needs time to get players into his line of thinking.

we can't score goals with Tammy playing up front. It's not like he misses his chances, but rather he does not get anywhere near scoring most of the time. He pretty much does everything wrong and misses the simplest of passes. Tammy literally needs to learn to play in that position, like the basics, but luckily for him he's still 20. Would be very glad and surprised if he gets a loan offer from a PL club.

BTW, Moses on either side produced closed to nothing - very poor as a winger.

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

What the icc has shown us is that we are absolutely shit at scoring goals. Lets hope when regular season starts its makes click but what i dont see is why we are splashing out 80m for a goalie when we need someone to score goals

I agree that we failed to create much in this match which is worrying. Some nice football at times but no end product. But we o need a keeper too

There are positives and negatives from this pre-season and it's hard to tell the state of the squad with Sarri unable to field his first XI in any of the matches. The two biggest concerns for me are (1) we have not been solid in defence at all and (2) we have hardly looked like scoring as well. Including the five matches in this pre-season, we've scored only 7 goals in last 10 games. Needs sorting out ASAP!

Think Rüdiger & Christensen should remain our first choice CB pairing, I think Emerson needs to be our starting LB, and I think we have a pretty significant problem up top. All things we pretty much already knew.

Alonso will certainly struggle and may even cost us points against anyone decent. Looks out of his depth and really struggling in this new formation. His one strength the past 2 seasons was his ability to get forward. Don't think I've really seen him do that once this preseason in 4 matches. So what use is he? Last thing we need with a new, inexperience keeper coming in is for him to be totally exposed from one side.

Lastly, Barkley was good in the first two games but has sort of retreated into his shell a bit since. He'll be a good option to have in the squad but Kovacic or someone else of higher quality is needed there.

49 minutes ago, Robguima said:

we can't score goals with Tammy playing up front. It's not like he misses his chances, but rather he does not get anywhere near scoring most of the time. He pretty much does everything wrong and misses the simplest of passes. Tammy literally needs to learn to play in that position, like the basics, but luckily for him he's still 20. Would be very glad and surprised if he gets a loan offer from a PL club.

BTW, Moses on either side produced closed to nothing - very poor as a winger.

A PL club would be daft to take him. It’s so evident he needs a lot of work positionally, tactically and technically. Talk of Villa wanting him, championships a more realistic option.

anyway the game

I think at CB in a back 4 Christensen could do with a bit of work yet. Ampadu impressed me a lot despite making some mistakes purely because you can see he has the right mentality for a kid his age to make it at a club the size of Chelsea. Emerson’s pace alone makes him more valuable than Alonso in offensive positions. Bakayokos a goner.