• Hazard (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)
    • Alonso (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Azpilicueta (sub)
    • Green (sub)

Chelsea 0-0 Lyon (Chelsea win 5-4 on penalties)
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Jorginho+Chelsea+FC+v+Perth+Glory+izJ0Cg

2018/19 Pre-Season Match 4
7th August, Tuesday, 2018
Stamford Bridge
20:05 Kick Off (UK time)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try some new players in starting eleven and rest everyone for second half. I would start with something like this:

Willy

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger - Emerson

Drinkwater - Jorginho - RLC

Willian - Abraham - Hudson Odoi

A game that is quite uneeded but at least it is at home rather than abroad. Would like to see some changes, maybe a few different options for midfield, though I don't think that would happen with season starting so close...

Pointless game. Play your intended Premiership team and risk injury. Play a second string and its a waste of time unless Hazard and Kante can use it for a run out. Time on the training pitch is what is needed, especially after watching yesterdays debacle.

14 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I think it would be really useful to get some play time for youngsters. Given that we might not have any other transfers I think it is best to develop our youth team... get them motivated to get their best on the pitch.

I think we should be using every spare minute possible to get our 1st team sorted dont you? After yesterday it needs working on.

Just now, Unionjack said:

I think we should be using every spare minute possible to get our 1st team sorted dont you? After yesterday it needs working on.

I was thinking mainly in terms of them getting their training session while the youth getting some game time and realization on what to expect if they want to dine in the adults table.

2 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I was thinking mainly in terms of them getting their training session while the youth getting some game time and realization on what to expect if they want to dine in the adults table.

Best training session is game time. Specially with rusty Eden and Kante

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Best training session is game time. Specially with rusty Eden and Kante

True! Guess the way I was thinking is since it hasn't been a long while since they returned to training.

I thought it would be best to first train and understand what Sarri expects out of them rather than going into the pitch with what they were doing while under Conte.

Guess it depends on how fast they adapt and Sarri can get the players to his line of thinking.