test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 0-2 Man City

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   15 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Fabregas
    • Barkley
    • Pedro
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

390 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Yes it was given the circumstances and the momentum. They are going into their 3rd season with Guardiola, we're just three weeks working with Sarri. City's players, wake them up at 3 in the morning in their holidays and gather them on a football pitch with myself in the dugout and they would still put any team to respect playing Guardiola's tactics. Ours wouldn't play the Sarri way yet as it is TOO EARLY FFS! 

I fully expected City to be the better side today. I just expected us to put up a fight. 

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I don't think anyone has criticized or been impatient with Sarri. Most of the criticism has gone to the numerous amount of mediocre players we currenty have on our books. 

Most of the criticism has also gone to our board (of which the footballing side mostly comprises of Roman and Marina) for yet again failing to improve an ageing uninspiring squad despite finishing 30 points behind the Champions.

Most of the workload has yet again been heaped on yet another new manager. But Sarri isn't Harry Potter. He's not a magician. The chickens are slowly but surely coming home to roost while our board watches on from on high. 

That's the problem and happens every year. Need players to improve and yet not given. I hope the board realise this and give him time when things look like they're not going as well as should be/could be. 

13 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

When Sarri joined to Napoli in his first five games he had only one win. Every year he got more points than the previous while he was there. He didn't have the perfect squad but they progressed in time.

I would suggest to wait until the end of September before becoming too pessimistic.

More like wait till the end of November/December to see some actual results

People acting like 5 year old girls in here. Have patience ffs

Muzchap likes this

Spanish players competing against one another who sucks the best...

Morata suckiness is out of this world...

How did we look LESS likely to score against them than when Conte put all 11 players in the 30 meters in front of our goal?! :lol: 

xPetrCechx likes this

Truth be told the way Sarris plays football will never see us beat Mancity or other superior top teams. A defensive, counter attacking style would give us a fighting chance but this blue-eyed wanna be tiki taka will always come upmshoet against genuine quality no matter if sarri exectued it here for 3 weeks or 3 years

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

Truth be told the way Sarris plays football will never see us beat Mancity or other superior top teams. A defensive, counter attacking style would give us a fighting chance but this blue-eyed wanna be tiki taka will always come upmshoet against genuine quality no matter if sarri exectued it here for 3 weeks or 3 years

I definitely think this'll be the sort of season where we do well against teams we should beat but we'll struggle a lot against all of the big teams. City, Liverpool, and Spuds in particular who all have years of coaching in how to press.

In games where we can be the ones dictating the tempo I believe we'll be fine.

Sarris tactics this, Sarris tactics that. Mourinho once said - you can't make an omelette with rotten eggs.

Johnnyeye and DDA like this

Well, I did expect us to lose, but is still a shame.

Now we need to focus on getting those tactics drilled in our lads as soon as possible because we won't be adding anyone else by the looks of it.

Oh and fuck city and their washed away blue kit.

COYB

Johnnyeye and DDA like this

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

they will begin to undestand sarriball, that's a long process guys

I agree it's going to take time to play Sarri-ball we were never going to challenge for the league this season this season is about rebuilding a sarri team that will challenge of the league in the future I'm happy be with the Europa league and 4th spot this season 

Johnnyeye likes this

3 minutes ago, El P. said:

Sarris tactics this, Sarris tactics that. Mourinho once said - you can't make an omelette with rotten eggs.

"A once manager once said"... Mourinho has a top squad at his disposal and still plays a brand of football even my five year olds can relate to after two training sessions. 

It's preparation matches still and Emerson could well be a starter, too, if Alonso was on the pitch today doesn't mean heis going to make the left full back position his. Same goes for Michy/Giroud. Hazard is going to be back soon, Kante as well, Willian also. 

2 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Yes I agree.........PSG have won it all...Oh no,I forgot they win a mickey mouse league at a canter but do F all in Europe

If you want to challenge the facts that the most valuable teams are those that get trophies, look at the evidences instead of repeadtly insulting me: 

RM: CL.

EDF: WC

MC: PL

That's being said, there might some exemptions but be realistic. Most valuable team won on average. And inded City has a net spend of around 150 every year while we have 50. It is translated on the pitch. Like it or not.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

More like wait till the end of November/December to see some actual results

People acting like 5 year old girls in here. Have patience ffs

the thing is our board don't have patience tho 

Laylabelle likes this

Got outplayed from minute one tbh. Strange to say it but Rudiger was the only player who impressed me. Thought he did well. Hudsonn-Odoi can also have his head held high. Was decent enough. Especially playing against Walker, which is no easy task. Just shows that Sarri has a lot to work on but I am still optimistic as other than today, we have looked good and I am confident enough going into the new season, when Hazard and Kante are back. We just played a team who are another level to us right now.

However the two concerns today for me in particular was Azpi and Alonso. Azpi is brilliant at what he does but in an attacking formation like Sarri's, he looks a bit out of placed, because he does not have that pace and acceleration to pose enough of a threat on the right hand side. If he is going to have Azpi playing at RB, then we need Emerson on the left hand side because he is very offensive. Having one more defensive fullback in Azpi and a attacking FB on the other flanks is fine. However playing Alonso and Azpi, is one of the slowest fullback combo you can have in football. Surely Sarri has to identify this because they won't pose as attacking threat as Sarri will like. Look when he was at Napoli. he had Hysaj on one hand who is very attack focused then on the LB he had Ghoulam/Rui who are also very offensive. Zappacosta may not be starter material, however him and Emerson playing is much more of a Sarri team. Azpi was poor today on both aspects which is strange.

Morata once again was poor which is a huge concern, however looks like we are going to have to keep with what we have got. And the creativity today was poor tbh anyway. Anyway, hopefully the team picks itself up for our PL opener next week.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

In Mourinho's case it's the chef that's rotten

Unless Sari gets to Waitrose for a bit of shopping over the next four days, he'd better set up with 5 eggs at the back or we are going to struggle badly. Our full backs are not going to help provide the right kind of attacking platform in a flat four, and we are not getting the width from anywhere else.

Unionjack and Muzchap like this