test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vybzkartel

Marina Granovskaia Thread

Started by Vybzkartel,

50 posts in this topic

Surely she has to be one of the worst football executives around. Why have we suddenly become Arsenal and players are getting into the final 2 years of their deals without signing a new contract?? This Hazard and Courtios situation should have been sorted the summer we won the league with Conte. Why have we for 3 seasons running left all our signings until the last minute? How do we expect a player to be integrated into the team fast when they are purchased on deadline day. Look what happened to DD last year for example a preseason with us would have helped him massively. Our league and Champ league performance has also been affected by the poor running of the club, we had not finished outside of the top 4 in over 10 years but since marina took over a more prominent role we have finished outside of top 4 twice in 3 years. Yes we have won the title but that was mainly because of the ground work we laid in 2014 when we had our business done quickly and efficiently. I have a feeling she doesnt even listen to our scouts anymore or rather she uses outdated scouting reports. Look at some of the players we are linked with and sign these days, we were first linked to them around 2013 when our scouting system was still world class. If she wasnt a close ally of Roman I am pretty sure she would have been relived of her duties by now. Even our youth system and loan army has massively tailed off. Which players on loan right now realistically will become a KDB, Lukaku, Salah? Something is fundamentally broken at our club at the moment and I hope it is fixed sooner rather than later. 

Unionjack and Vesper like this

I think shes trying too hard to be this woman in a mans word, She is being too hard at trying to make every penny out of every deal and its causing us not to make sales and missing out on buys.

She seems a liability to me. But as it seems Roman is happy with her it shows just what kind of trouble we are in.

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Vybzkartel said:

Surely she has to be one of the worst football executives around. Why have we suddenly become Arsenal and players are getting into the final 2 years of their deals without signing a new contract?? This Hazard and Courtios situation should have been sorted the summer we won the league with Conte. Why have we for 3 seasons running left all our signings until the last minute? How do we expect a player to be integrated into the team fast when they are purchased on deadline day. Look what happened to DD last year for example a preseason with us would have helped him massively. Our league and Champ league performance has also been affected by the poor running of the club, we had not finished outside of the top 4 in over 10 years but since marina took over a more prominent role we have finished outside of top 4 twice in 3 years. Yes we have won the title but that was mainly because of the ground work we laid in 2014 when we had our business done quickly and efficiently. I have a feeling she doesnt even listen to our scouts anymore or rather she uses outdated scouting reports. Look at some of the players we are linked with and sign these days, we were first linked to them around 2013 when our scouting system was still world class. If she wasnt a close ally of Roman I am pretty sure she would have been relived of her duties by now. Even our youth system and loan army has massively tailed off. Which players on loan right now realistically will become a KDB, Lukaku, Salah? Something is fundamentally broken at our club at the moment and I hope it is fixed sooner rather than later. 

How the do you know she is one of the worst?

People's work is judged by how well they do the job they've been given. Do you know the instructions under which she is working? Of course you don't. It's easy to say should this and should that but Marina has to work in the real world. The world where wishing a thing does not necessarily make it so. You are blaming Marina for player recruitment or the timing of it. Please tell us the evidence you have which shows who decides the names to be targeted, and when they were identified as possible recruits? You know none of this. In fact it seems the only thing you do know is who is to blame.

Oh well. 

Panic and Iggy Doonican like this

At the end of the day, Marina gets a lot of shit, but if people think Roman doesn't have any involvement or say in transfers they're very naive. Simple fact is, Roman probably should sell the club because he's not allowed in the country and he hasn't hired football people at all. There was talk of the stadium on hold allowing us a larger chunk of money to work within the transfer market. Well, that's not even the case any more. 

She is the face of our luvly board so rightly or wrongly she is the one who will get the flack when the supporters are pissed.

Whether Romans has instructed he to be our DOF or she thinks she has the footballing knowledge yo be it I dunno but whichever it isn't working.

Our whole loan and transfer system needs looking at. From scouting to bringing in someone who understands football enough that they will understand the difference in quality between Barkley and Savic and that there are sometimes that we shouldn't penny pinch.

But as I say it is Roman that has her in this job. It's just less painful for us to get mad at Granny and not him. I know I do.

11Drogba likes this

The bigger problem is that we still haven't replaced Emenalo. As it seems she's been left alone with other non-footballing businessmen. Abramovich also seems to have lost interest. If we drag our feet in the transfer market again and miss out on top4, I would be for selling the club and dismantling the whole board of oily yes-(wo)men.

11 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

How the do you know she is one of the worst?

People's work is judged by how well they do the job they've been given. Do you know the instructions under which she is working? Of course you don't. It's easy to say should this and should that but Marina has to work in the real world. The world where wishing a thing does not necessarily make it so. You are blaming Marina for player recruitment or the timing of it. Please tell us the evidence you have which shows who decides the names to be targeted, and when they were identified as possible recruits? You know none of this. In fact it seems the only thing you do know is who is to blame.

Oh well. 

Come on man we are scrambling for a new keeper 4 days before the start of the season. Please tell me how that is not incompetence at its best? Look at our signings since 2015 we have spent well over 500 million but our squad is worse off. 

A self made billionaire (yes having friends in high places helped) decides to give a woman a massive role in the club question is why wouldn't he ?. A geezer with as much business acumen as Roman do you think he's going to give that amount of responsibility if she wasn't good at what she does. Lets be honest it's because she's a woman that's why we have stupid topics like this the same happened with Eva. Unless there are successful business people on this forum who have brokered multi- million deals then by all means tell us where she's going wrong otherwise shut the fuck up and stop being so blinkered.

Ryan Fong likes this

A self made billionaire (yes having friends in high places helped) decides to give a woman a massive role in the club question is why wouldn't he ?. A geezer with as much business acumen as Roman do you think he's going to give that amount of responsibility if she wasn't good at what she does. Lets be honest it's because she's a woman that's why we have stupid topics like this the same happened with Eva. Unless there are successful business people on this forum who have brokered multi- million deals then by all means tell us where she's going wrong otherwise shut the fuck up and stop being so blinkered.

Fans are fickle nowadays, last time I checked she was still an inept evil bitch and she will soon be the messiah after pulled off Kovacic and Kepa deals.

The fact is, fans know nothing about how they conduct business behind the door, it’s not Football Manager level of easiness to do transfers in reality, all we can do is wait and accept.
Iggy Doonican likes this

6 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

All hail the Queen

If she gets us someone that can score goals I will kiss her arse!

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

If she gets us someone that can score goals I will kiss her arse!

She is doing her job though. Bringing Morata and Giroud for Conte. If they play like shit is not her fault obviously.

Well, sounds like we're not in for any striker at the moment, so we have to accept Giroud, Morata and Bats as our striker this season. You may lose faith in every single one of them, but keep the faith in Sarri.

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

She is doing her job though. Bringing Morata and Giroud for Conte. If they play like shit is not her fault obviously.

Well, sounds like we're not in for any striker at the moment, so we have to accept Giroud, Morata and Bats as our striker this season.

Bats is off mate. Giroud MIGHT be too.

Leaves us with a bloke that thinks he is Elvis Costello!

RoyalBlues likes this

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Bats is off mate. Giroud MIGHT be too.

Leaves us with a bloke that thinks he is Elvis Costello!

Really? we're doooomed

at least he is hairdrying his wife well

Unionjack likes this

Job?

More like desperation. 

Job gets done a long time ago not always wait till the end to panic. 

That's like 3 times in a row we do that. 

3 summers we do the same shenanigans. 

If anything it's just horrible from her. 

Supermonkey92 and Vybzkartel like this

Well she is doing well lately, sending out the wantaway snake, bringing Kovacic & Kepa in the process. And we might yet witnessing her masterpiece this season. Deadline day here we come.

quickpassnmove likes this

Yes ... we made 2 signings .. YAY!!! But should we be impressed in the way the Board or Marina went about handling the situation, well ... Hell NO!!! 

Lot us would be like we did sign good, potential players so why the fuss ... So what if it was late!!! Thats exactly the issue here. 

With a new manager on board (which in itself took a while to be on-boarded), why were we not able to get him the squad early. We should be aiming first 2 positions if not the top in the league which is right now dominated by City. Yes it takes time for transfers to happen but these players were already available on the first day just they are on the last day, also mind you we havent got Kepa on a cut price for buying in the end instead he's the most expensive goalkeeper. 

We can sing praises of Marina/board all we want after these 2 signing maybe more today but the fact stays that we're very inefficient in our operations at the club. Constant change in managers, no vision, transfers, issues in integrating youth, expansion r just a few. Chelsea as a club will have to really think about how effective we can become in all aspects.

I should be over the moon that we got 2 potential signings but then when I think that in 2-3 years time we would be doing the same makes me worried. 

Well ... maybe till then ... as always fingers crossed & :) 

On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, Vybzkartel said:

Come on man we are scrambling for a new keeper 4 days before the start of the season. Please tell me how that is not incompetence at its best? Look at our signings since 2015 we have spent well over 500 million but our squad is worse off. 

I'm not saying there is nothing wrong in Denmark. I'm just saying you don't know, and I don't know for that matter, who is to blame.

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Yes ... we made 2 signings .. YAY!!! But should we be impressed in the way the Board or Marina went about handling the situation, well ... Hell NO!!! 

Lot us would be like we did sign good, potential players so why the fuss ... So what if it was late!!! Thats exactly the issue here. 

With a new manager on board (which in itself took a while to be on-boarded), why were we not able to get him the squad early. We should be aiming first 2 positions if not the top in the league which is right now dominated by City. Yes it takes time for transfers to happen but these players were already available on the first day just they are on the last day, also mind you we havent got Kepa on a cut price for buying in the end instead he's the most expensive goalkeeper. 

We can sing praises of Marina/board all we want after these 2 signing maybe more today but the fact stays that we're very inefficient in our operations at the club. Constant change in managers, no vision, transfers, issues in integrating youth, expansion r just a few. Chelsea as a club will have to really think about how effective we can become in all aspects.

I should be over the moon that we got 2 potential signings but then when I think that in 2-3 years time we would be doing the same makes me worried. 

Well ... maybe till then ... as always fingers crossed & :) 

First question then. How would you have resolved the head coach situation more quickly?