test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Caballero
    • Azpilicueta
    • Rudiger
    • Luiz
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Barkley
    • Fabregas
    • Hudson-Odoi
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Christensen (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Ampadu (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Bulka (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

271 posts in this topic

3-1 Arsenal, is my prediction.  Their key players have been there for the whole training camp.  They're further along than we are.  We don't have our best players back yet, let alone practicing.  Morata had to leave to be with his newborns.  

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

3-1 Arsenal, is my prediction.  Their key players have been there for the whole training camp.  They're further along than we are.  We don't have our best players back yet, let alone practicing.  Morata had to leave to be with his newborns.  

He traveled with the squad to Dublin.

Just now, Jason said:

He traveled with the squad to Dublin.

I understand, I meant more that he missed training.  The time at Cobham is the more important right now.  The friendlies are to assess how far along they are, IMO.

Think if Barkley starts his 3rd straight game in that advanced midfield role today then surely he's Sarri's chosen man there to start the PL season. Especially if he performs well against Arsenal who will have there first choice midfielders, yes?

Not sure. I would think so, but I think it's very possible when Kante comes back that fabregas moves further forward. Although if that were the idea, it would make sense to go ahead and play fab there so he could get used to it.

I'll be interested to see. Excited about Barkley this season.
RoyalBlues likes this

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Dp u have premier sports on sky?

No mate, that's only available in Ireland

I do have a multi satellite system tho:D i can get it on a Portuguese channel or Polish or FTA on German TV don't speak none of the languages tho lol

Arse going with nearly their strongest XI here. Only a couple missing.

Just now, kellzfresh said:

Alonslow is Sarri's first choice LB.... This is a problem. He will be crucified in the EPL against any fast player

Yeah, it's really worrying. Sarri doesn't seem to fancy Emerson. Alonso in a back 4 is so fucking risky. Something we may see on display today.

Vesper and Supermonkey92 like this

3 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Think it will be boring 0-0 now

As long as its not embarrassing

Cech is gooners captain

RoyalBlues likes this

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

Think it will be boring 0-0 now

Not a chance. Aubameyang just needs to be consistently running in behind through Alonso's flank, Ozil will eventually find put him through on goal.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it's really worrying. Sarri doesn't seem to fancy Emerson. Alonso in a back 4 is so fucking risky. Something we may see on display today.

I think coaches are impressed with his shooting technique and freekicks and think he's a great technical player that should start.

Just now, kellzfresh said:

Not a chance. Aubameyang just needs to be consistently running in behind through Alonso's flank, Ozil will eventually find put him through on goal.

And Willy will save all. MOM. 0-0

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

My concern with Sarri is how well he will adapt to Premier League. Alonso as a left back could have been fine in Serie A but in higher tempo PL with lots of pacey wingers yes it is quite risky like you said.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

As long as its not embarrassing

Cech is gooners captain

Quick, give Chelsea armband to Cesc. Cesc is Chelsea captain. Awkward.

Unionjack likes this

4 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Aubameyang just needs to be consistently running in behind through Alonso's flank

fbb24a09eef36d04e5585f4eae59871c.png

RoyalBlues likes this

I am calm about Alonso starting, he has been the number 1 choice for the past two seasons. Sarri is going to give him an opportunity, it won't be long before he realizes what we all know about Alonso.

eemanyooel likes this