• Bulka (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Hope the line up that starts is close to the XI Sarri has in mind for City.

There is no way that is going to happen and why would you want it to?. These players can't be risked getting injured in a nothing game like this and to be honest if we played a weakened team against City I wouldn't care. I'm going on Sunday and if we lose I won't be losing any sleep the Charity Shield is a friendly nothing more and by all accounts City are having trouble selling tickets.

There is no way that is going to happen and why would you want it to?. These players can't be risked getting injured in a nothing game like this and to be honest if we played a weakened team against City I wouldn't care. I'm going on Sunday and if we lose I won't be losing any sleep the Charity Shield is a friendly nothing more and by all accounts City are having trouble selling tickets.
We essentially only have two friendlies left, so it would be good to have something to build one. Who's likely to get injured that didn't feature against Inter?

I'm aware Kante, Hazard, etc won't be in sight btw.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

We essentially only have two friendlies left, so it would be good to have something to build one. Who's likely to get injured that didn't feature against Inter?

I'm aware Kante, Hazard, etc won't be in sight btw.

Three. Arsenal, City and Lyon.

29 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
30 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It might have less importance, but I don't see the Community Shield as a friendly. Each to their own, though

It depends really on how old you are the Charity Shield was a kickabout and rarely sold out. These days because football is overanalysed the media make it out to be bigger and more important than it is how many can remember the 2012 game at Villa Park?. We only half filled the Holte End that day and if it was changed from Wembley to Old Trafford it would never sell out 

16 hours ago, LAM09 said:
16 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It might have less importance, but I don't see the Community Shield as a friendly. Each to their own, though

It usually depend on whether you win or not

Arsenal are far more prepared than us this preseason, they've played more games and all their star names didn't go to the worldcup except ozil. It will be a tough test for us but we'll give them a fight for sure, if we have our shooting boots on, we could win considering the chances we create under sarri. 

What will be interesting is how we'll handle Arsenal's pressing. Emery loves his pressing. 

50 minutes ago, Mana said:

They'll create way more chances than us.

We haven't had our shooting boots on for 6 games. Only scored 1 goal per game. We won't win 1-0 that's for sure. So if we are going to win, we'll have to somehow score more than 1, or go to penalties.

They're already far ahead of us in preparation so obviously they'll be more fluid. But we created a lot of chances in our first two preseason games but missed them, so it'll probably be the same against Arsenal.

5 minutes ago, bigbluewillie said:

The fucking cheapo Chelsea TV are transmitting commentary only as the Inter game, for this game as well.

Fuck it there goes my subscription, gonna cancel it now.

Yeah I saw that mate. Not even checked if its on Virgin yet

EDIT ::: Premier Sports

I cant see tonights lineup being similar to our finished product so I'm not holding out too much faith. A ton of hope tho.

With them coming off the back of their PSG win and basically all their team together bar 1 it sticks in my throat to even think they are the faves.

But whatever happens they will still a bunch of North London twats!

Think if Barkley starts his 3rd straight game in that advanced midfield role today then surely he's Sarri's chosen man there to start the PL season. Especially if he performs well against Arsenal who will have there first choice midfielders, yes?

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think if Barkley starts his 3rd straight game in that advanced midfield role today then surely he's Sarri's chosen man there to start the PL season. Especially if he performs well against Arsenal who will have there first choice midfielders, yes?

Yes

I'm not sure if Sarri will be looking at tonight as the finished product tho.With 5 starters not back yet he might still be watching peeps.

I'm wondering if he will knot start Barkley and use either Cescy and RLC tonight.

And I hope he opts for Emerson cause he was a bit off I thought v Inter.