• Emerson (sub)
    • Moses (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Ampadu (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Bulka (sub)
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea (Arsenal win 6-5 on penalties)
PRE/POST-MATCH DISCUSSION, LIVE CHAT AND ANALYSIS

Jorginho+Chelsea+FC+v+Perth+Glory+izJ0Cg

2018/19 Pre-Season Match 3
1st August, Wednesday, 2018
Aviva Stadium
20:05 Kick Off (UK time)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how we will handle Arsenal's pressing. Unlike under wenger, Emery makes his arsenal team press high, so it will be a good test of our ball possession skills. But like Sarri said post Intermilan, I hope we speed up our passing. It would be pointless to pass around and have 75% of the ball without scoring, and only faster passing can open up compact defending. 

Please when are willian, Hazard and Kante coming back to training?

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

I wonder how we will handle Arsenal's pressing. Unlike under wenger, Emery makes his arsenal team press high, so it will be a good test of our ball possession skills. But like Sarri said post Intermilan, I hope we speed up our passing. It would be pointless to pass around and have 75% of the ball without scoring, and only faster passing can open up compact defending. 

Please when are willian, Hazard and Kante coming back to training?

5 or 6 august for Hazard and Kante, William I guess this week cause Brazil lost the quarters...

12 hours ago, Hamilton said:

5 or 6 august for Hazard and Kante, William I guess this week cause Brazil lost the quarters...

I could have sworn Sarri said end of the month..when asked about talking to Hazard, Courtois and Willian face to face.

EDIT:

Well...that's the official quote

56 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I could have sworn Sarri said end of the month..when asked about talking to Hazard, Courtois and Willian face to face.

EDIT:

Well...that's the official quote

Oh, I got it from some link somewhere on the forum. Let’s hope as soon as possible..

Anyone else think that Arsenal are going to be pretty good this season?

I think they made some good moves in the transfer market.  And, not many of their players were at the World Cup (or at least didn't make it very far) which gives them an extra 3 weeks under the new manager to get bedded in.

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think they made some good moves in the transfer market.  And, not many of their players were at the World Cup (or at least didn't make it very far) which gives them an extra 3 weeks under the new manager to get bedded in.

Yep, I think they'll be much improved. I predict theyll get off to a flyer, be near the top around Christmas, and then fade away as the fixtures really pile up.

28 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Not really sure, Emery will freshen things up a bit but his league record is average and the signings scream similar to Spurs 2013. That said i wish weren't facing them at The Bridge this early in the season, Auba and Laccazette vs the early stages of our highline is a rather concerning prospect.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

A victory against Arsenal has been way overdue.

Am I confident we are going to beat them in this friendly and at the Bridge next month? Nope.

Shocking considering you're otherwise such an optimistic person... ^_^ 

8 minutes ago, Mana said:

A victory against Arsenal has been way overdue.

Am I confident we are going to beat them in this friendly and at the Bridge next month? Nope.

We could be facing Bakayoko on his own and you would still find a way to turn us into extreme underdogs and play down our chances of winning.

This will be a great test for our Defense. Most of arsenal starters have been in training, Auba & Laca have that scary pace plus Ozil is back and playing. As @Tomo said our backline will be under its toughest press yet and offensively they will be the best team we face in pre season(not counting Com Shield) My hopes are the same as the inter match, we play the Sarri style and show we are adapting to the system. That being said Arsenal feel further along at this moment so if we lose on Wed i won't be terribly concerned or surprised. Effort and positive play is what im looking for.

Also, Starting line up thoughts? Do Rudiger/AC start or is it Luiz/Ampadu or a mix of the two? Zappa or Azpi at RB. Will Sarri trust the same midfield of Cesc/Jorgi/Barkley? all interesting questions. a great test for us.

Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger for me, ATB.  I think that's 75% of our first choice back line, and I'd like to see them get pitch time together.

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Jorginho, Bakayoko, Barkley to start.  Let's see Bakayoko with the strongest 2 options (at the moment).

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger for me, ATB.  I think that's 75% of our first choice back line, and I'd like to see them get pitch time together.

Wouldn't mind seeing a midfield of Jorginho, Bakayoko, Barkley to start.  Let's see Bakayoko with the strongest 2 options (at the moment).

I agree with the back line, especially since AC was limping a bit last game as well. I'd like to see Emerson get a run with the better players but feels like Alonso.

Bold call with Bakayoko, That really is the decision of the day eh. It being a friendly pre season I think Cesc might get that start just to make sure our ball playing keeps humming. I am curious to see Baka with the good players around him like you said though. Gonna be a good game!

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree with the back line, especially since AC was limping a bit last game as well. I'd like to see Emerson get a run with the better players but feels like Alonso.

Bold call with Bakayoko, That really is the decision of the day eh. It being a friendly pre season I think Cesc might get that start just to make sure our ball playing keeps humming. I am curious to see Baka with the good players around him like you said though. Gonna be a good game!

Ultimately, I'd like to see Cesc get his time in Jorginho's position (because that's where I think he'll be playing).  But, don't know if that's possible with RLC just coming back and Kante still away.

8 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Ultimately, I'd like to see Cesc get his time in Jorginho's position (because that's where I think he'll be playing).  But, don't know if that's possible with RLC just coming back and Kante still away.

We might get to see that in the 2nd half. Something like RLC/Bakayoko/Cesc. (I am talking like 75 min onwards)