Bernard

the wes

3 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Pjanic alternative? Sorry but I don't buy it.

I know we're a mess at the moment but we don't go from targeting someone like Pjanic then end up getting someone on a free transfer because it didn't materialise. We were never in for Pjanic.

Maybe all along the £60m transfer budget that was talked about early summer may be true after all, we hit that budget with 1 player and everyone else will be free transfers unless someone goes out.

meanwhile we turn down £65m for a soon to be 30 yo RWer with an attitude problem AND to a non EPL team!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:
33 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:
I get he's free and an area we are short in and probably not a bad player... but we should be going big in that position for some real quality not some backup, we should be pushing Pedro/Willian to be backup and getting someone better.

The sale of either RWF is looking less likely by the day, so don't go expecting much.

I'm not suggesting a sale, I don't want to sell either of them personally. I said we should be buying some quality so Pedro/Willian are pushed to the bench, signing Bernard just cements Willians place even more. 

I'm not suggesting a sale, I don't want to sell either of them personally. I said we should be buying some quality so Pedro/Willian are pushed to the bench, signing Bernard just cements Willians place even more. 
The sale of one of them is the only way I can see us signing anyone of note in that position. One of our scouts was pictured with Bailey when the window opened; We now have less than two weeks of window left.

Just have to hope at this point Mou wants Willian more than Barca did.

I think you're right about someone going out but Bailey is not the answer in my opinion. Bags of potential I agree, but he needs more time.

We sell Willian for 65m and spend that on Bailey but then we suffer having to develop him for 2 years before he will bring what Willian does to the team. Rather just keep Willian for another 2 years personally. Maybe in a couple of years my view would change if management was stable etc but taking everything into account, I don't think this is a season we should be gambling on potential.

Brazilian footballers don`t have the exotic names they used to have like Pele,Zico,Socrates,Josimar any more...instead they seem to take their names from 70`s british sitcoms..Fred,Bernard..i say we hold out for Bert and Reg. 

or alternatively rescue Oscar from football wilderness..he may be a good fit for Sarri-ball. 

24 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

Brazilian footballers don`t have the exotic names they used to have like Pele,Zico,Socrates,Josimar any more...instead they seem to take their names from 70`s british sitcoms..Fred,Bernard..i say we hold out for Bert and Reg. 

or alternatively rescue Oscar from football wilderness..he may be a good fit for Sarri-ball. 

Or ralf, miranda etc sound like they took inspiration from the tenant list of a German retiremen home.... wait for Friedhelm and Kunigunde

i hate this player Bernard completely useless but if this means Barca tale Willian from us for 70m i would gladly take hum to cut the grass ( he seems the perfect height  for that)  as long as we still sigb a decent winger like Bailey

32 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

don't forget the Hurricane

Jairzinho

bb7d738bec721c80a898490edd39e6de.jpg

53 minutes ago, Duppy Conqueror said:

cant wait for del boy and trigger

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

So, they want CHO to sign a new deal, and are telling him that he's got a place in the squad.  Then, they want to bring in a right-footed playmaker winger type who likes to play on the left.  Okay.

My god, if this is a Hazard replacement.....

It's too late in window for us to sell Hazard. IF we do, then I have to assume Roman is going to put the club up for sale (partially because he cannot get his UK visa, partially because he has lost like 12 billion in net worth in last couple of years, and partially because I think he is bored)

They only true fix to losing hazard for £175m to £185m or so is now almost all gone

that was to sell a shit tonne of dead weight, add that to the Hazard money (around £360m total when all was added together from Sale of him and deadweight and alsoAlonso (isnt good enough in back 4) Willian, Bats (or loan him out), Morata, Luiz, Moses, etc)

and buy (remember some of these are no longer possible)

CF Icardi (not a chance now) Martial (I think he can be a great striker in Sarriball) would be an option too

LW Martial (and he can play striker too, as stated above) this still needs to happen, he is refusing to go back to LA with the team and told the board to fuck off about non EPL transfer

RW/LW Leon Bailey (can play LW, but prefers inverted RW) this needs to happen anyway

RW Malcom (Barca took him) so now Bernardeschi or Suso (not enough money to go after Dembele)

AMF  Golovin (fucked) Bernard is shit, and even with Hazard sale, not enough money for Milinkovic-Savic IF we did Icardi I listed a shit tonne of other options here >>>> 

LB   Alex Sandro (they WOULD sell now for £55m to 60m) or Alex Telles (£35 to £40m would get him, and that's who Juve wants if Sandro is sold)

CB Rugani (I am just gutted we cannot close him out, he is so so good for our system) Mattia Caldara, also Juve would work too, just not the perfect match Rugani would be, same for Manolas and Savic from Atleti.  Benjamin Pavard is having 2nd thoughts about signing that pre-contract with Bayern for next summer move, he wants to play in Italy or England (he would be PERFECT eventual replacement for Azpi, as he is also a swing RB/CB)

GK Alisson (fucked now) so need Strakosha or Donnarumma

IF Hazard and the others (I didn't list all the sales, but you get idea) were sold earlier, we then HAD the money to easily do ALL of those

now time is tight and NO WAY most will happen

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

It's too late in window for us to sell Hazard. IF we do, then I have to assume Roman is going to put the club up for sale (partially because he cannot get his UK visa, partially because he has lost like 12 billion in net worth in last couple of years, and partially because I think he is bored)

They only true fix to losing hazard for £175m to £185m or so is now almost all gone

that was to sell a shit tonne of dead weight, add that to the Hazard money (around £360m total when all was added together from Sale of him and deadweight and alsoAlonso (isnt good enough in back 4) Willian, Bats (or loan him out), Morata, Luiz, Moses, etc)

and buy (remember some of these are no longer possible)

CF Icardi (not a chance now)Marial (I think he can be a great striker in Sarriball) would be an option too

LW Martial (and he can play striker too, as stated above) this still needs to happen, he is refusing to go back to LA with the team and told the board to fuck off about non EPL transfer

RW/LW Leon Bailey (can play LW, but prefers inverted RW) this needs to happen anyway

RW Malcom (Barca took him) so now Bernardeschi or Suso (not enough money to go after Dembele)

AMF  Golovin (fucked) Bernard is shit, and even with Hazard sale, not enough money for Milinkovic-Savic IF we did Icardi I listed a shit tonne of other options here >>>> 

LB   Alex Sandro (they WOULD sell now for £55m to 60m) or Alex Telles (£35 to £40m would get him, and that's who Juve wants if Sandro is sold)

CB Rugani (I am just gutted we cannot close him out, he is so so good for our system) Mattia Caldara, also Juve would work too, just not the perfect match Rugani would be, same for Manolas and Savic fromAtleti.  Benjamin Pavard is having 2nd thoughts about signing that pre-contract with Bayern for next summer move, he wants to play in Italy or England (he would be PERFECT eventual replacement for Azpi, as he is also a swing RB/CB)

GK Alisson (fucked now) so need Strakosha or Donnarumma

IF Hazard and the others (I didn't list all the sales, but you get idea) were sold earlier, we then HAD the money to easily do ALL of those

now time is tight and NO WAY most will happen

Oh, I agree, selling hazard now is stupid.  We've done nothing to get rid of the dead weight either.

We could possibly get Martial in, in a swap deal for Willian.  That would mean that Morata has to go, which is fine.  But, no one is paying 60M for him.

The problem with this Bernard deal is:

1.  He takes up a non-HG spot, which are at a premium

2.  He's just good enough to be ahead of CHO in the pecking order.  But, he's not good enough to warrant taking away important development time from CHO.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Oh, I agree, selling hazard now is stupid.  We've done nothing to get rid of the dead weight either.

We could possibly get Martial in, in a swap deal for Willian.  That would mean that Morata has to go, which is fine.  But, no one is paying 60M for him.

The problem with this Bernard deal is:

1.  He takes up a non-HG spot, which are at a premium

2.  He's just good enough to be ahead of CHO in the pecking order.  But, he's not good enough to warrant taking away important development time from CHO.

Bernard basically fell off the radar after the 2014 World Cup and Brazil’s 7-1 semifinal defeat, which was his first ever competitive international start and the last time he would ever pull on the Brasil kit.

I am not impressed, and I have seen him play about five times for Shakhtar. Fred was the only player I liked on their recent couple of teams. Marlos and Taison are both on wrong side of 30 now. They do have a 19 yo Brasilian RB who MIGHT be good in a few years. His name (no shit) is Dodo, lolol. Also, they just bought a 21 yo (turned 21 12 days ago) CMF from Corinthians named Maycon who might blossom. That is it in terms of ANY quality.

3 years ago they had a player, Alex Teixeira, a really good AMF, who is now raking in HUGE money (10th highest paid player in world last year) in China. He is 28, 29 in January, but he would be a good AMF for our system. He wont give up that payday though.

In China, even better,and younger, for AMF is Anderson Talisca, 24 yo, tall (1.91m) super pacey and great shooter. He just scored a hat trick in his first game for Evergrande. His loan is up in December. I would MUCH rather have him than Golovin, that's how high I rate him. Benfica is his parent club, so not the easiest to negotiate. He has like 5 or 6 hat tricks over his short career (and as a MF!), 4 for Benfica. I REALLY think he is an option for us in January.

besiktas_talisca_celebrates_after_scorin1410774501492_wps_10_Arsenal_s_Aaron_Ram

At this rate u wonder how Hazard will pen a new contract... If Madrid can pay Chelsea price valuation of him...I will personally drive him to Santiago so he can escape from this coming mediocrity Marina will plunge the club into...

Even if we have no fund for player transfer  which I know we have massive fund...there are far better player that are free which we can sign...ffs Atletico just announced Gelson on a free transfer...sensational talent...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You