Jase

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dimitr said:

He is 3rd choice GK  what’s up guys? 

Why ? Eduardo was better than him ? Haha no! 

For our bench is , he will not play for us. So ok 

Its no that mate.I dont care if we only buy one more player, we need a world class forward, morata is trash he has the mentality of a child. I will personally drive him to any club that wants him.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Its no that mate.I dont care if we only buy one more player, we need a world class forward, morata is trash he has the mentality of a child. I will personally drive him to any club that wants him.

Yes we must sign another 3 signings at least. 

But we haven’t ambition because we signed a 3rd choice Gk? 

10 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Morata I trash...yes but signing this third choice goalkeeper doesnt stop or hinder the club from making quality additions...IMO we might not sign another striker but the club can do by signing a goal scoring winger ala Bailey/Martial to compensate for morata misfiring and another goal scoring midfielder ala Thiago/Slavic...I could be wrong though cos thats my own opinion...

16 minutes ago, manpe said:

What kind of level do we need for 3rd choice keeper to show proper ambition? And how does he contribute or distract our ambitions by playing 0 minutes?

If we are stooping this low why not just stick an academy lad in that wont be going out on loan, You surely cant be happy with this. Even if hes just here to polish Ozzys statue.

15 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

Yes we must sign another 3 signings at least. 

But we haven’t ambition because we signed a 3rd choice Gk? 

Not once in my post did I mention that the club lacks ambition, excuse me for looking at the squad and thinking 3rd choice keeper isn't top priority.

Edited by BluesMadLad

Just now, Unionjack said:

If we are stooping this low why not just stick an academy lad in that wont be going out on loan, You surely cant be happy with this. Even if hes just here to polish Ozzys statue.

I'm not happy nor distraught, it's a 3rd GK, I don't really care. The same emotions as if we were buying a youngster for our loan army, makes no difference. But at the same time I'm glad that we are using that spot to fill our HG places and allow one more foreigner to the squad, especially with talks of Cahill leaving this makes perfect sense. Not even sure if there are any better HG keepers out there who would take that 3rd spot, can you name any?

22 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

The signing of Green is going to have about as much bearing on whether we sign a striker as what my decision on what to eat tonight will.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I'm not happy nor distraught, it's a 3rd GK, I don't really care. The same emotions as if we were buying a youngster for our loan army, makes no difference. But at the same time I'm glad that we are using that spot to fill our HG places and allow one more foreigner to the squad, especially with talks of Cahill leaving this makes perfect sense. Not even sure if there are any better HG keepers out there who would take that 3rd spot, can you name any?

OK - I'll chill. Been a shit day.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The signing of Green is going to have about as much bearing on whether we sign a striker as what my decision on what to eat tonight will.

Am sure it doesn't lol but the complete lack of movement in or out is just disturbing

When was the last time we had a 3rd choice keeper play for us in a competitive match? It was Henrique Hilario on August 27th, 2011 vs Norwich in the Premier League. There is plenty of criticism that can be launched at the board over transfers, but this isn't one of them.

59 minutes ago, Panic said:

When was the last time we had a 3rd choice keeper play for us in a competitive match? It was Henrique Hilario on August 27th, 2011 vs Norwich in the Premier League. There is plenty of criticism that can be launched at the board over transfers, but this isn't one of them.

Wasn't Hilario 2nd choice at the time? I think Turnbull vs Inter was the last time we got reduced to numero tres between the sticks.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't Hilario 2nd choice at the time? I think Turnbull vs Inter was the last time we got reduced to numero tres between the sticks.

Turnbull was above Hilario the season prior(Turnbull had an appearance in the League Cup and Champions league, whereas Hilario only appeared in the Community Shield.), and in the 2011-12 season Turnbull ended up with more appearances.

40 minutes ago, Panic said:

Turnbull was above Hilario the season prior(Turnbull had an appearance in the League Cup and Champions league, whereas Hilario only appeared in the Community Shield.), and in the 2011-12 season Turnbull ended up with more appearances.

I think AVB switched them back around and then after Hilario's disasters vs WBA and Norwich switched them back again, so being all technical about it the Inter game or one around that time was the last time we were without both our first 2 keepers :cig: