Robert Green

Jase

Just now, Dingus said:

You're kidding yourself if you think that.

I can't believe how worked up you are over a free HG goalkeeper. As countless people have said this makes perfect sense. You might have an issue with Caballero but for league cup games he does the job just fine. Courtois gets lions share of the minutes, as will our next keeper. that Pepe Reina rumour is around, he would be a fine 2nd keeper as well. You're making a mountain out of a molehill with this.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Maybe hes going to be a ballboy?

Sarri's James Dean?

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8g5w8x/the-human-v11n1

In the early 90s, I decided to shoot film and video footage of Larry with his James Dean collection. By then I'd already read the books Hollywood Babylon I and II, and knew all of the juicy gossip about James Dean. You know, like his "thriving colony of crabs" and "anonymous sex binges with leather daddies at an East Hollywood S&M bar." And don't forget his reputed nickname, The Human Ashtray, given because he liked to get his pals to put out their smokes on him. 

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

I can't believe how worked up you are over a free HG goalkeeper. As countless people have said this makes perfect sense. You might have an issue with Caballero but for league cup games he does the job just fine. Courtois gets lions share of the minutes, as will our next keeper. that Pepe Reina rumour is around, he would be a fine 2nd keeper as well. You're making a mountain out of a molehill with this.

You do realise Reina would end up being our No.1 right? Or would you promote Caballero to No.1 with Reina No.2?

Apologies that I don't want sub par/Homegrown players (whatever their position/age) being at our club. Your standards are clearly a lot lower than mine.

Just now, Dingus said:

You do realise Reina would end up being our No.1 right? Or would you promote Caballero to No.1 with Reina No.2?

Apologies that I don't want sub par/Homegrown players (whatever their position/age) being at our club. Your standards are clearly a lot lower than mine.

If we get Reina he is a placeholder until we sign a #1 so we don't get destroyed in GK negotiations & we move on from Caballero as our cost is only his salary. 

For a position that the player hasn't seen the field in 2 years I would be fine having someone as unqualified as you occupying it if you count as HG. The club will play Bulka before Green gets a sniff. 

I don't really care what your standards are if you can't see the logic & reasoning behind this move. You can stew and be angry and rant about this all you want, I am done with the conversation. Have a good day.

11 minutes ago, Dingus said:

I'd just like our back up goalkeepers to carry some sort of threat to the No.1 in the event something does happen, we have decent backup.

Are you telling me either Caballero or Green would give you any confidence being in goal? Common.

The problem is finding that level of keeper and retaining them. We've had Cudicini, Cech and Begovic all as substitute keepers who were all of that standard but none of them were prepared to stick around for very long because they were good enough to go and start for another Prem team a bit lower down the table.

It doesn't make sense for the club to go and buy a really good keeper as second choice, pay a fair chunk of money for them based on the current climate when they are likely to average about half a dozen games a season and then within 12 - 24 months want to leave at likely a loss of their value because they haven't been playing regularly. 

If all the other top clubs had 3 excellent keepers with the two reserves good enough to put substantial pressure on the number 1 I'd happily argue why Chelsea aren't either but its not the case.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

Superb pass :blink:

Still cant believe Rebić did that. Usually, player would steady the ball on the ground and then shoot, this is risky.

2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its a complete and utter pisstake seeing how low we have sunk. I laughed at the Joe Hart link but this sets a new low even for us.

f651063962e197a5ccc70b19a0acec94.gif

But it's a good signing apparently mate.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Which will 99.9% be no one.

Mate I wouldnt give a shit if he just sat in the stands watching every week.

Its the level of player we have gotten down to buying. It shows everything what this board is on about. No ambition and no willingness to buy the level of player we need to be any sort of contender.

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Its the level of player we have gotten down to buying. It shows everything what this board is on about. No ambition and no willingness to buy the level of player we need to be any sort of contender.

If we were buying Green as number 1 or 2 i'd agree, but the reality is while im don't rate him atall he's unlikely to play a single minute. Look at all the other top clubs 3rd choice keepers. Liverpool have/had Alex Manniger (a Gooner reject from the 90's), United have Lee Grant, City have Richard Wright i think, Spurs have Gazzaniga, not really the world of difference between any of them really, only Grant you could argue is close to PL quality.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we were buying Green as number 1 or 2 i'd agree, but the reality is while im don't rate him atall he's unlikely to play a single minute. Look at all the other top clubs 3rd choice keepers. Liverpool have/had Alex Manniger (a Gooner reject from the 90's), United have Lee Grant, City have Richard Wright i think, Spurs have Gazzaniga, not really the world of difference between any of them really, only Grant you could argue is close to PL quality.

I wouldn't touch him with yours bud. In no situation. Him and Willy acting together could keep me amused.

I'm almost at the stage to beg Tibo to stay!

39 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You don't even have to look further than Chelsea, really. We had Eduardo as our 3rd keeper for 2 (?) years and he didn't play a single competitive match lol.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

What kind of level do we need for 3rd choice keeper to show proper ambition? And how does he contribute or distract our ambitions by playing 0 minutes?

49 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

You don't even have to look further than Chelsea, really. We had Eduardo as our 3rd keeper for 2 (?) years and he didn't play a single competitive match lol.

And oddly nobody ever complained about that. I'm pretty sure that if we signed a no-name keeper from the Portuguese league who is actually worse, then nobody would care.