Robert Green

Jase

Just now, manpe said:

Please explain why

It's Rob Green. I have no desire to have a 38 year old Rob Green at our football club and I'm staggered people actually think the opposite.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

His level currently is the Championship. You want to chuck him into challenging for the number 1 spot?

As far as keeper's go he's still young and still needs to develop. If he does well at Leeds this season, I would look at next season if he can get a role in a lower Prem team and build up from there.

We've already seen with Loftus-Cheek what a waste it is if they are both not out on loan and not getting any chances at the club. 

How old was Cech when he was made No.1?

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

You guys are aware he is only being signed to help with HG. He will get as much time as Eduardo did. Its a free HG spot who won't play. 

An Injury to whomever will be our No.1 and suddenly its Caballero as No.1 and Green is suddenly on the subs bench. An injury to Caballero....

4 minutes ago, Dingus said:

How old was Cech when he was made No.1?

Cech had been playing in Ligue 1 and for his country for 2 years before we brought him and had a lot of first team experience at a far higher level than Blackman.

It's like saying let's chuck in some random 18 year old and give them a chance because the likes of Messi and Ronaldo were playing first team football at that age.

Chelsea have been blessed with getting hold of two very young keepers in Cech and Courtois, with a lot of first team exposure and experience and above all, good enough to play for us at an early age. These two will go down as amongst the very best keepers within their generation. A lot of keepers won't start peaking until well into their 20's and even into their early 30's so I'm more than happy for Blackman to still be going out on loan and getting first team experience and exposure.

At the moment he is not good enough to start for Chelsea and unlike other positions he isn't going to get substitute appearances here, so will literally have his experience and exposure to first team football completely stunted.

8 minutes ago, Dingus said:

An Injury to whomever will be our No.1 and suddenly its Caballero as No.1 and Green is suddenly on the subs bench. An injury to Caballero....

So basically you'd like Chelsea to carry a 3rd goalkeeper with the potential to be No. 1 just in case the first 2 get hurt? Common. Eduardo didn't play a game for 2 years straight

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

So basically you'd like Chelsea to carry a 3rd goalkeeper with the potential to be No. 1 just in case the first 2 get hurt? Common. 

I'd just like our back up goalkeepers to carry some sort of threat to the No.1 in the event something does happen, we have decent backup.

Are you telling me either Caballero or Green would give you any confidence being in goal? Common.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

He will basically handing out bibs, collecting stray footballs, cleaning up Sarri's cigarette butts and pushing goals into position.

I'd happily do that for £20k per week!

Just now, Dingus said:

I'd just like our back up goalkeepers to carry some sort of threat to the No.1 in the event something does happen, we have decent backup.

Are you telling me either Caballero or Green would give you any confidence being in goal? Common.

Caballero is a fine goalkeeper. We have more pressing matters to attend to. our 2nd/3rd gk were both free and one is now HG. I don't know what more you want. 

Just now, akgw13 said:

Caballero is a fine goalkeeper. We have more pressing matters to attend to. our 2nd/3rd gk were both free and one is now HG. I don't know what more you want. 

You're kidding yourself if you think that.

3 minutes ago, Dingus said:

You can't get a much better backup keeper than Caballero, the guy starts for Argentina despite being a substitute.