Pepe Reina

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Thankfully, not a single reputable, reliable source has said anything about this. Even our board ain't dumb enough to buy a keeper who moved for free just weeks ago. One who is also 36 or whatever he is and way, way past his best.

In an ideal world we find a suitable long term replacement now or Courtois happily see's out his final year, but failing that a stop gap like Reina is the next best thing and certainly preferable to commiting to an unsuitable long term buy like Butland or Donnaruma.

Ederson and Allison emerged respectively in the last two season's has to be noted.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

What about Areola of PSG? Buffon has taken his place, he is used to possession football, good at passing out from the back and is a sweeper keeper. We should bid for him.

Getting Areola would be fantastic at this point.

And unless PSG have an option to extend his deal Areola only has a year left in his contract like Courtois. That would mean if Tibo, a way more proven world class keeper, goes for €35-40M then Areola should be €25-30M at most and even that's being generous.

Only downside to Areola would be having to deal with Mino Raiola the cunt.

56 minutes ago, Tomo said:

In an ideal world we find a suitable long term replacement now or Courtois happily see's out his final year, but failing that a stop gap like Reina is the next best thing and certainly preferable to commiting to an unsuitable long term buy like Butland or Donnaruma.

Ederson and Allison emerged respectively in the last two season's has to be noted.

Don't know why people here are down on Butland. I think he's a very solid keeper who will only get better. In fact, I think he's superior to Pickford.

Don't know why people here are down on Butland. I think he's a very solid keeper who will only get better. In fact, I think he's superior to Pickford.
Pickford isn't exactly a high bar. Did you see Butland last season?

The only think appealing about them is their HG status. Better options around Europe that would probably cost a similar price.

Reina is an outstanding keeper, you are an idiot if you think otherwise. Many people here probably still remember his error-prone final seasons with Liverpool as opposed to his level when he first joined the PL, when he was second only to Cech as the league's outstanding goalkeeper. In his time at Napoli, he has reached those levels again and would not be a horrendous short-term fix, however I would prefer for us to look at a younger goalkeeper that can become a long-term option, somebody like Donnarumma or Areola.

However, if we really want a short-term fix, I am astonished we haven't raided Ligue 1 for the likes of Ruffier, Costil, Anthony Lopes, etc. 

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So we want to pay £9mill for a player 1 year younger than Cech who we replaced as he was too old and slow. Filling this team with real class.

Wonder whats going thru the dippers heads?

He’s a good keeper and more importantly, I’d assume that what he can do with his feet is a big part of any interest.

On 25/07/2018 at 7:14 PM, Pizy said:

Butland is shit in distribution, go watch some Stoke games. Worse than Schmeichel, who is no star in that department either.

12 hours ago, Unionjack said:

So we want to pay £9mill for a player 1 year younger than Cech who we replaced as he was too old and slow. Filling this team with real class.

Wonder whats going thru the dippers heads?

I cannot wait until the Tom Heaton rumours start a bubbling.:(

4 hours ago, ulsterchelsea said:

Pepe reina is a Liverpool tramp. He along with the fat waiter,zenden,benayoun Etc should just stay away from this club. I'd be ecstatic never to see ANYONE from that rancid shit stain of a club come anywhere near us again 

I feel the same about ARSE a null, I am horrified with the Aaron Ramsey links to us.:(

Out of the goonas entire roster, the only 2 players I would remotely want (and the first only because we are so not sorted in this position) is Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang at striker, certainly would not pay a pound over £55m or so for him, as he is 30 next year and Héctor Bellerín IF Azpi was sold or was forced to play CB full-time, as Bellerín is obviously better than Zappacosta.

I do reserve judgement on Lucas Torreira, as he might end up being a poor man's Kante, which is not a bad thing, and he also doesn't have years of North London stench built up on him, lolol.

That's IT, for the whole team, sod the fecking lot of 'em.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You