Wilmar Barrios

Unionjack

Allot is being reported that we have jumped in and have taken this guy out of Spuds hands. Their fans are doing a BlueMoon right now.

But apprently he wont be joining us until Jan.

The move may make sense IF by any chance Kante leaves us but lets hope that never happens

5b4b01c6a8bf8_Screenshot_2018-07-15WilmarBarriosFootballStatisticsWhoScoredcom.thumb.png.3038ad3780d304cb2458b17bc717a200.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Allot is being reported that we have jumped in and have taken this guy out of Spuds hands. Their fans are doing a BlueMoon right now.

The move may make sense IF by any chance Kante leaves us but lets hope that never happens

5b4b01c6a8bf8_Screenshot_2018-07-15WilmarBarriosFootballStatisticsWhoScoredcom.thumb.png.3038ad3780d304cb2458b17bc717a200.png

He is good?

He looked pretty decent in the World Cup, has a lot of energy. Where does he play though we already have about 300 midfielders and are still being heavily linked with Golovin.

How much would he cost? I guess he would offer backup to Kante in a box to box type role, but I wouldn't expect him to be a starter. 

Perhaps the club are ready to cut its losses on Bakayoko?

A very interesting transfer this would be. A 24 year old who hasn't played in Europe before. Boca fans adore him and say he is one of their best players. Called "the Colombian Kanté", which is what makes me curious. Kanté has the stamina to play every match to the end so I wonder if he would be a sub for him or will play with him on the pitch.

With him supposedly coming in the winter window I dont understand it.

I just hope that theres nothing to all the clubs after Kante. But with 3 years left of this contract we can afford to tell them all to sod off. TRY to give him golden handcuffs of the £200k salary and hope that makes any difference. But I dont think ges a money driven lad.

I know the £350k we offer Eden wont faze him but that will save us allot on our wage bill

59 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I just hope that theres nothing to all the clubs after Kante. But with 3 years left of this contract we can afford to tell them all to sod off. TRY to give him golden handcuffs of the £200k salary and hope that makes any difference. But I dont think ges a money driven lad.

I know the £350k we offer Eden wont faze him but that will save us allot on our wage bill

That was my concern too as soon as this became a story.

I hoping that he's seen as a back-up to Kante and Bakayoko is out the door.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Surely they would not wait for a player to arrive in January if Kante is sold in the summer. This news means we might finally have a midfield force like Bayern. Lots of quality players and no worries about injuries or suspensions.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

There's no way the Chelsea board will let courtios Hazard and Kante all go in the same transfer window 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

With Sarri saying we have too many offensive MF and he needs another Kante type I see it happening

The thing is that our 'offensive midfielders' are not offensive enough and that really is offensive!i

At Napoli, he only really had Allan, though.  Diawara was used more as Jorginho's back up.  It was Rog and Zielinski (who would also play in Hamsik's position).  Personally, I think Kovacic should be used more in the "defensive" position when we are controlling the match against teams that are sitting back.  

Barrios would definitely suit the role.  Can't see us buying a 50M like Ndombele player to be Kante's dedicated back up.  Kovacic would be good as he can play both roles and give us some flexibility in midfield.  Priority 1 has to be our forward line, then a back up for Jorginho if Cesc is really on his way out.  So......Barrios will probably happen then.

1 minute ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

At Napoli, he only really had Allan, though.  Diawara was used more as Jorginho's back up.  It was Rog and Zielinski (who would also play in Hamsik's position).  Personally, I think Kovacic should be used more in the "defensive" position when we are controlling the match against teams that are sitting back.  

Barrios would definitely suit the role.  Can't see us buying a 50M like Ndombele player to be Kante's dedicated back up.  Kovacic would be good as he can play both roles and give us some flexibility in midfield.  Priority 1 has to be our forward line, then a back up for Jorginho if Cesc is really on his way out.  So......Barrios will probably happen then.

Agree about Matt K mate. I do think he COULD become a B2B if he became more dirct wjem going forward. But I put that same on the Wee baldy Mans shoulders too. He is able to score.

I dion't have 1 clue what we will do next month mate and it worries me.

5 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

These are the best DH DMF's who are remotely available (and most will be impossible to pull in January) Most are entirely out of our budget

Bold are the best deals (Barrios is even mentioned by me, lol)

Frenkie de Jong  Ajax (can play anywhere from CB to DMF to AMF to even winger) Big problem is that he and de Ligt will probably be going as a package to Barca in summer He makes the most sense due to his ability to play other positions as well, not just deputise Jorginho.

Ruben Neves Wolves Downside is his cost, Wolves have told Shitty £110m, which is insane

Rodri   Atletico Madrid   AM just bought him, he is seen as the new Busquets. Pep loves him, but super hard to prise away from AM

Thomas  Atletico Madrid  I am not sure if he has the passing skills needed, he is more of a trad DMF

Marco Verratti  PSG (deffo can play that role) Downside is that he will be INSANELY expensive, far more than we would be willing to pay

Julian Weigl    Dortmund  (Shitty on him too) Has been up and down a bit, but so young and huge potential

Wilmar Barrios  Boca Juniors  might be worth a shot, not 100% sold on him as a DH DMF

Asier Illarramendi   Real Sociedad  might be ideal, only issue is he turns 29 in March

or

Igor Zubeldia   Real Sociedad   the 21yo (soon 22) version of Asier Illarramendi

Sander Berge  Genk   Tall (1.93m) 20yo Norwegian, by far best player atm in the Belgium top flight (along with CF Wesley from Club Brugge KV)

Stanislav Lobotka (24yo Slovakian) from Celta Vigo often plays in a kind of Jorginho role too, and Spurs and PSG are also all over him, Spuds has a £31m bid turned down at the window's end this summer.

Leandro Paredes from Zenit (Roma had to sell him and Rudiger to meet FFP) He could deffo slot right in and of the established prime time (age wise) players, he would be the most doable. Still only 24yo too!

Sandro Tonali  18yo Italian being hyped as next Pirlo, Sarri wants him bad bad bad

Arne Maier  Hertha Berlin 19yo wunderkind, 2nd best teenager DMF after Tonali IMHO, some would argue better, but I think Tonali is just perfect for the DH DMF role. Maier may end up a Kroos type which is also amazing.

Manuel Locatelli  Sassuolo (on Loan from AC Milan) 20yo, has regressed a bit the last year or so, he looked like a potential star at one point, maybe still is

@Vesper It's got to be Tonali as Cesc's replacement.  As for the back up to Kante, I still think Kovacic can do that role.  I think he's a great option.  I know people wish he supplied more goals and I agree, but I kind of see his value in the ability to play both MF (not Jorginho) roles.  Against teams that want to sit back, he can play in Kante's spot.  Against teams like City or Liverpool his defensive tenacity and awareness are super important.  Off the bench, he can slot in for either role if we are either chasing the match or want to try to lock it down.

25 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

@Vesper It's got to be Tonali as Cesc's replacement.  As for the back up to Kante, I still think Kovacic can do that role.  I think he's a great option.  I know people wish he supplied more goals and I agree, but I kind of see his value in the ability to play both MF (not Jorginho) roles.  Against teams that want to sit back, he can play in Kante's spot.  Against teams like City or Liverpool his defensive tenacity and awareness are super important.  Off the bench, he can slot in for either role if we are either chasing the match or want to try to lock it down.

I agree, as evidenced by the only two red and bolds including Tonali. Been on his train since seeing him last fall (2017) Even if we bought another off that list, still need to scoop up Tonali and let Sarri turn him slowly into a beast. He truly looks like reincarnation of Pirlo at thsi point, but more aggressive defensively. Time will tell.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You