• Pasalic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kalas (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So you are basically saying quality doesn't matter? :blink:

Of course not but its also about the characteristics of the players, I mean I would rather have Zappacosta then Moses on RB but Moses over Zappacosta on RWB. The same as Kante, In this system I would rather have Jorginho.

This forum has really gone downhill the last years with Admins like this...

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like this style needs a 9 with either better acceleration to get away from defenders or quicker speed of thought to find the gaps and finish. Morata has good top speed but his first 5 yards doesn't seem to be all that fast to be honest - and we all know about speed of thought with him, he seems to over think it all the time

Morata is not good enough on the ball.. his first touch is not going to work in Sarris system. He will get frustratdd with him. Maybe Bats has more of a chance.

Wow Jorginho is an absolute Don. Making me soo excited.

Just now, Mana said:

Lol even in a pre-season game against a league 2ish side...

Just be prepared to be angry with him all season. I am.

He's fucking crap, and that's a decision I made from the majority of last season until now.

5 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

We all know how fucking amazing Kante is, but how does he fit into this style? im not sure.

Better teams will easily exploit this midfield....Fab is a liability no matter how good his passing is....he should be a sub...Kante jorginho can complement well..

Guys, holy shit. I know the opposition is very poor, but Jorginho looks phenomenal here. Absolutely bossing the midfield. You see an immediet link between he and Cesc who are pinging it around with one touch over and over. 

Barkley looked great bursting forward. CHO is a baller. Pedro looked like his Barca self. Morata looked like last season's Morata in that he was decent until the final decisive touch.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Morata is not good enough on the ball.. his first touch is not going to work in Sarris system. He will get frustratdd with him. Maybe Bats has more of a chance.

Wow Jorginho is an absolute Don. Making me soo excited.

Bats touch is even worse. As much as im losing faith in Morata, he atleast does the basics in terms of movement, with Bats we are down to ten unless he has a 1 on 1 ten or less yards out.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

How barkley and jorghino playing

Barkley has been ok but not great, some poor passes and touches but I'm sure he'll improve

Jorginho though, wow! He looks like a proper world beater

1 minute ago, NiclasCFC said:

We all know how fucking amazing Kante is, but how does he fit into this style? im not sure.

Box-to-box midfielder? Kante's passing ability isn't WOW but it's severely underrated. He has improved so much on the ball over the last 1-2 years that he's more than just a midfield destroyer and he can still get better! Besides, I know we all imagine Sarri's football is like the utopia of attacking football, where we have endless amount of ball passers but I would like to think he also knows how to add a touch of defensiveness/pragmatism in the team. Can't be going all gung-ho in the Premier League. Plus, it would be criminal if Sarri benches someone as good as Kante, who is by no means incompatible to Sarri's style. 

Just now, Jason said:

Box-to-box midfielder? Kante's passing ability isn't WOW but it's severely underrated. He has improved so much on the ball over the last 1-2 years that he's more than just a midfield destroyer and he can still get better! Besides, I know we all imagine Sarri's football is like the utopia of attacking football, where we have endless amount of ball passers but I would like to think he also knows how to add a touch of defensiveness/pragmatism in the team. Can't be going all gung-ho in the Premier League. Plus, it would be criminal if Sarri benches someone as good as Kante, who is by no means incompatible to Sarri's style. 

His defensive record at Napoli was very good, I cba to check for sure but I think his concession records were 32,39 and 29. He's not a Brendan mark two that's for sure.

Nice half of football. Did not think that we could execute Sarriball so quickly. Exp the ball retentiona nd the quick ball circulation was excellent. I can see esp Luiz and Fabregas being rejuevated by this play. The final ball was still lacking tho. CHO was once again immense.Morata and Alonso are the players who are already out of their depth playing this fast. I can see BArkley excelling as he showed glimpses of today.Zappacostas crossing has been surprisingly accurate too. Pedro will be perfect in the "Callejon" role as he is basically the same player.