• Morata
    • Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pasalic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kalas (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

Pedro could be really valuable to this team, considering that Willian will most likely leave. I would keep him. Played good today, played under this system for around 10 years.

Same goes for Cesc, he played good in first half. Those two could be great great subs.

Hope Emerson get more chances, from the start if possible, Alonso was just not good.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Can we discuss the actual game on this topic? Move the Kante debate to the Kante forum. Even though I think it is ridiculous that its even a debate, He has been an important player on every single team hes been on.

Of course! But you don't see that every team he's played for play similar styles?

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Pedro could be really valuable to this team, considering that Willian will most likely leave. I would keep him. Played good today, played under this system for around 10 years.

Same goes for Cesc, he played good in first half. Those two could be great great subs.

Hope Emerson get more chances, from the start if possible, Alonso was just not good.

Playing under Sarri will bring the best out of Pedro. Pedro is a player who thrives on quick one touch-two touch football. Definitely have to keep him.

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

Playing under Sarri will bring the best out of Pedro. Pedro is a player who thrives on quick one touch-two touch football. Definitely have to keep him.

Not to mention he is a terror at pressing. Constant movement

Agree with people about Pedro. Whereas Willian always slows down the ball and in typical Brazilian fashion tries lots of tricks, Pedro is much more direct and likes making runs in behind.

He could thrive in a Sarri team. Not as a starter every match obviously, but these tactics should get the best out of him.

I really like how Jorginho has come in and watching today how he is always pointing and telling players where to go next, like the manager on the field, knowing what he wants. 

After we scored Barkley was asking Jorginho about the shape of the three in the middle, it's like Jorginho has arrived and is not taking over but informing others of what he wants, I like that.

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Never forget 1 Xmas my Mrs took the dog out for a walk and brought 4 home for Xmas dinner! Nice girls. Got them wasted. Was a really good day.

Can I come and stay with you ????????:P:P

People still continue to doubt this 2x PL and World champion...

Why do you consider it to be doubt? I know exactly what Kante can add to a team, the question is whether what he does is enough to consider him an all around midfielder?

Every role we’ve seen him in has been the same. He’s never been considered an all around mid.

Lol as if we have to be a carbon copy of Napoli. Kante is better than Allan overall, his role will be slightly different than Allan but itll work out well in the end

I’m not convinced but I’m more than willing to be proven wrong.

Lol wtf. Kante is arguably overall the best midfielder in the world. And people genuinely question whether he adds enough to a team that finished 5th last year and has people like Bakayoko and over the hill Fabregas starting in midfield. Not to mention the mediocrity we got everywhere else. I think assessing a 39 player rooster and teaching a completely new isea of football with just 3 weeks till the CS, Sarri has way more urgent priorities than to evaluate whether our best midfielder is good enough 

9 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Lol wtf. Kante is arguably overall the best midfielder in the world. And people genuinely question whether he adds enough to a team that finished 5th last year and has people like Bakayoko and over the hill Fabregas starting in midfield. Not to mention the mediocrity we got everywhere else. I think assessing a 39 player rooster and teaching a completely new isea of football with just 3 weeks till the CS, Sarri has way more urgent priorities than to evaluate whether our best midfielder is good enough 

Only MF's (overall , as Kante is by FAR the best DMF) I would take over him are KDB (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) and Coutinho

This is not knee-jerk, because I know his weaknesses and know his strengths, but when people are saying get rid off Fabregas, they seriously must of lose their mind. His ability to create chances from anywhere is amazing. His vision still remains top class. In a team like Sarri's where we are going to dominate the ball and go full gung-ho, the amount of chances he will put on a plate for our attackers will be limitless. Would be crazy to sell to Napoli, especially as I doubt we would get a huge offer. He is still a vital player for the squad. His number of assists will only increase next season imo.