• Bakayoko (sub)
    • Pasalic (sub)
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Kalas (sub)
    • Aina (sub)
    • Piazon (sub)

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Left back in a back 4 REALLY worries me, I dont think Alonso is up to it, and I still cant truly judge Emerson yet.There's a reason why the three players Sarri wanted most from Napoli were Jorginho, Koulibaly and 

Faouzi Ghoulam

I don't remember hearing any shouts for Ghoulam. I really think Emerson will be fine, he has all the tools to function correctly in this system

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

A Chelsea with Icardi Bailey Martial as front 3 is better than a Chelsea with Hazard Morata Willian IMHO

So if they want out, sell them and buy a world class front 3 to replace. Surely £265 to £275m would buy the first 3 and thats less than what we would get for the second three.

GMTA!

8 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm in the minority but I'm not sure Kante is needed for this system, his best attributes won't be on display as much... As much as I'd hate to admit it I think we should sell him and use the money to fund a real influential RW.

You say that now, but I can't imagine going up against elite opposition without him. Regaining possession, giving the ball to Jorginho or Cesc, and covering for our defenders. He will still be invaluable.

In fact, I think he will look even better than he did. He won't be asked to pick out passes as often and can stick to his strong points now we have a pass master in Jorginho.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

You say that now, but I can't imagine going up against elite opposition without him. Regaining possession, giving the ball to Jorginho or Cesc, and covering for our defenders. He will still be invaluable.

In fact, I think he will look even better than he did. He won't be asked to pick out passes as often and can stick to his strong points now we have a pass master in Jorginho.

Again I'm not so sure of that, how you use the ball in possession of it is much much important in this system than how you play without it. I pains me to say it but Kante is a standout in a certain brand of football but this particular brand, while he can still be effective, isn't going to win him player of the year again. He can be better than serviceable but I don't think he'll be elite.

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Again I'm not so sure of that, how you use the ball in possession of it is much much important in this system than how you play without it. I pains me to say it but Kante is a standout in a certain brand of football but this particular brand, while he can still be effective, isn't going to win him player of the year again. He can be better than serviceable but I don't think he'll be elite.

Kante is underrated in short passing..He is very good at that and also long diagonals...Kante does not need to stand out ..He just needs to do what he is doing...Jorginho can take over playmaking...Against better sides we will be under immense pressure and rapid counter attacks who will slice through our midfield without kante...Cesc will be a big liability as we have already seen he faded out in the second half..He just does not have legs anymore

2 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Kante is underrated in short passing..He is very good at that and also long diagonals...Kante does not need to stand out ..He just needs to do what he is doing...Jorginho can take over playmaking...Against better sides we will be under immense pressure and rapid counter attacks who will slice through our midfield without kante...Cesc will be a big liability as we have already seen he faded out in the second half..He just does not have legs anymore

Short passing isn't all that is required in this system. Its one touch technique, ability to make forward runs and score goals, vision and continuity in moves. I have no doubt Kante can clean up mistakes and also initiate a counter but I don't think we'll need him in that role as much... For the record I think Cesc is a back up in this system, I don't see him in the XI

Really positive start for me. Pedro looked really comfortable in the system, Barkley when he was in Mid was extremely good. Jorginho was Jorginho. We all know the positives, there were some negatives however. Emerson looked better than Alonso while attacking but we looked WIDE open at the back, Perth just didnt have the players to hurt us. Jorginho/Fabregas together should never happen against real teams unless we have Kante on the field. We need better balance, I think Azpi/Rudiger/Kante will provide this. We have a serious scoring problem still, one that I think Sarri knows and its concerned with.

Overall though it was a great Debut, I just wanted to balance some of the positives with a few negatives to keep it even. In regard to the Kante debate in the posts above mine, he is essential for us in this system in my opinion. Ball recovery is essential to the system, Kante is the best at that in the world. I don't feel the need to expand on that, Kante is incredibly important for us and I think he will be great for Sarri.

Just now, eemanyooel said:

Kante is miles ahead of him in everything....

Not to mention that Callejon isn't something special technically too. He is fast and durable, I'll give him that, but either Willian or Pedro are better technically.

4 minutes ago, El P. said:

Lol, like that Allan guy is better than Kante in passing and ball control. Relax, every team in the world can afford one Kante in the team.

That's not what Allan is asked to do. But I think you should watch him play a bit more he's a very good midfielder.

30 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I don't remember hearing any shouts for Ghoulam. I really think Emerson will be fine, he has all the tools to function correctly in this system

The Italian papers kept alternating fullbacks he wanted Elseid Hysaj one day, Ghoulam the next

4 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

That's not what Allan is asked to do. But I think you should watch him play a bit more he's a very good midfielder.

Midfielder is not asked to pass and control football? For everything you are describing, you need to have exactly those two qualities - passing and ball control. If you have those two, with right coach, you will play good one touch football. :)

EDIT: I see now what you meant. He is box to box, you expect Kante to play like that. I think he is already doing it actually.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Lets get De Laurentiis to swap Allan for Drinkwater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

860643c0a0651a66d7fa43d4883bde76.jpg

Can we discuss the actual game on this topic? Move the Kante debate to the Kante forum. Even though I think it is ridiculous that its even a debate, He has been an important player on every single team hes been on.